Media Wanderlei Silva Brutally Beating Up His Unfortunate Opponents

Pure unadulterated violence. Damn I miss Prime Wand and PRIDE.

Such a vicious and violent killer in his prime. Damn I miss the Pride days.

All Silva's are related. Anderson Silva, Thiago Silva, Joe Silva...

Don't forget Tim Silva

20140413030642_IMG_5067.JPG

Ah the golden age. It might sound crazy now but back then he was (or at least hyped to be) unstoppable.

I remember watching all those fights live, truly a special time.

I m so pissed that I missed that by a couple of years. Started really following MMA in 2007...

My all time favorite. There will never be another quite like him. Glad to see an appreciation thread going. Its been awhile.

Wanderlei, Shogun and Fedor were all very brutal people.

They we're so nice outside the ring, well Wand wasn't all the time but still, generally nice.

But inside the ring they beat their opponents like they wanted to kill them. Some of the stomps they did were just scary.

Like they really didn't care whether they killed someone or not.

Come to think of it, a lot of PRIDE fights were like watching murder attempts.... :D

UFC fights rarely make me scared for the fighters health. Sure they get occasionally headkicked badly but that's about it.

Thats fighting. Thats mma.
Not this trash we watch now.
Oh you cant knee The guy cause hes half down.
Oh you cant soccer kick someone. So, if your opponent lays down and hes a Master on The mat, you let him up, cause you cant kick him while hes down.
Hows this fighting?

I remember watching all those fights live, truly a special time.

me too...I always rooted for BTT back then, over Chute Boxe so I was happy when Arona beat Wand (and even happier when crocop destroyed him in their second fight ). he was a roided up beast though no doubt.

golden era. He would fight anyone, anytime, any weight class. Fought heavyweights like Crocrop and Hunt. Fucking beast. Today most fighters are pussies compared to old days. They pull out of a fight for a bruised pinky

golden era. He would fight anyone, anytime, any weight class. Fought heavyweights like Crocrop and Hunt. Fucking beast. Today most fighters are pussies compared to old days. They pull out of a fight for a bruised pinky

Hunt was even short notice.

I can't believe Pride has been gone for almost 13 years that's absolutely insane. Feels like yesterday only that I was watching Gomi KTFO Sakurai for the Pride LWGP belt.

Feelsbadman.

Back