Wanderlei Breaks the Silence on Twitter

It's not that people think Wand is scared of Chael, it's that Wand is scared to LOSE to Chael. He doesn't want to deal with that embarrassment and he realizes that Chael is a terrible match up for him, so he ducked him.
Utter and complete bullshit speculation with zero basis.

It's not that people think Wand is scared of Chael, it's that Wand is scared to LOSE to Chael. He doesn't want to deal with that embarrassment and he realizes that Chael is a terrible match up for him, so he ducked him.

Couldn't of said it better myself. I love Wand, but anyone defending him looks like a fool

He tried to pull the exact same shit with Vitor. This is hardly a surprise.
At least Sonnen is fighting a legit contender and a much more anticipated fight, Sonnen vs. Vitor is guaranteed to be exciting no matter the outcome.

I thought Vitor was the one who got injured for that fight

Do you know how I know there are some serious MMA noobs here?

They're calling Wand a coward and are actually acting like they're completely justified.

We don't know the exact circumstances of what happened, and Wand doesn't duck. You're buying into the Dana hype machine.

Mother fucker fought Cro Cop and Mark Hunt, wanted to fight in the HW tournament of PRIDE when Fedor was still in it.

I find it hard to believe that Wand is "scared" of Chael Sonnen, when the worst thing Chael will do to him is lay on him for 3-5 rounds and pitty pat his face in a frustrating match.

Fuck you people for shitting on a legend. This is flat out fighter bashing and should be closed by the Mods.

Shitting on a legend? He shat on himself. He ruined his reputation alone, Sonnen just had to give him a little push.

Man that sucks. What happened to you Wanderlei?

I'm not saying this didn't happened but let's wait for more of the story to come out. It just seems weird. Why would Wand have to sneak out of his own gym? He could have chilled in his office and they could have said he wasn't around. It's not like the dude was a cop with a search warrant busting the door in.

I will never remove Wand from my sig and always be nuthugging him but man...You disappoint me...

I understand the disappointment, this is a pretty sad situation, but you guys gotta chill out. Wand's resume speaks for itself. We don't know what exactly is going on with him right now.

Wanderlei > The cans in this thread who are getting free passes to fighter bash. Wtf do the mods actually do on this site?

Good for you. I don't come on here to type novels and act like I am writing an essay for my english teacher. My Job requires me to type wierdly and fucked up the way I type. Glad I offended you!!!!!!

I'll be your huckleberry.

This thread brought to you by Throwback Thursday: Remember Yellow Monday?

This is like a year or so ago when Dana was trying to line up the fight, Dana said it was offered and Silva rejected it, but Wanderlei is on Twitter playing dumb like he was begging for the fight and it wasn't offered.

I remember this. Not so many people defending Wand this time around.

I remember this. Not so many people defending Wand this time around.

Four times Wand turned down the fight. At UFC 167- Wand last year, before Sonnen vs. Rashad was made- Wand turned it down when Dana wanted the fight to be Co-main event to Hendricks vs. GSP. The fight was supposed to happen last week- but Wand said his back was hurt. Now Wand did not submit an application- so July 5 Vitor will step in. The fight was supposed to happen in 2011- but Wand declined. Four F'N times Chael was ready- Wand weaseled it way out. Give me a break.

How did he duck the test?

Merely not show up or make excuses or what?

(don't get excited, im not claiming he didnt I haven't been following mma news in the past week)

The NSAC came to his gym, he saw them and ran out the side door. They actually saw him running and followed him and yelled his name. He refused to stop and kept running away. That's not a joke, it actually happened.

Wasnt Wand talking shit about Chael that he failed drug test and all??

He's probably talking about the title shot implications.

Wand should go live on island alone where every one that doesn't exist loves him.

But...I want to believe. Where is hope? Where is justice? Where.....is a scheduled doctor's appointment. (?)

Back