Television WANDAVISION Discussion (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen the whole season of WANDAVISION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
okay, I don't get this show so far.

Also, too little clevage! I likes my supers sexy.

I think it might not grab a lot of people at first who are unfamiliar with V&SW's history together in the comics. All I can recommend is watching these easter egg videos that will kind of flesh out the story elements they are trying to meld together. I think this is going to go a long way to introducing all the other IP's marvel brought back into the fold like mutants and Xmen.

If this doesn't end with Scarlet Witch rewriting reality to introduce mutants what is the point?

I would happily fake the production of an entire show to get her into this outfit

Screen-Shot-2020-09-20-at-8.13.45-PM.jpg

All I know is, that after multiple viewings, this show has grown on me. Just have to get past the Avengers action expectations to really appreciate it. The wife and kids like it as well.

Kind of reminds me of the first season of Legion.
i’m not ready to compare it to Legion yet based off of only these two episodes, but even if it only comes within sniffing distance of Legion then i am 100% here for it.

The MCU does nothing by accident. It's the same actor and actress in both the Stark Toaster and the Hydra Watch adverts. Given their age, it's possible they are Wanda's parents.

Is it one episode per week going forward? Will be watching tonight. Hope it doesn't suck again.

Feels like this show will end up bei g hated at first then in like 5 years people will be saying it's the best show or thing Marvel ever did......... as it will take 5 years for anything in the show to really make sense when Marvel plays all the story lines out.

Could be just coincidence, but the bit when they chant, "What's in the box?! What's in the box?!" reminded me of Se7en. Could be a meta-homage since of course Paltrow was in that movie.

Promising specially if you know the lore on these two characters.
Hoping Vision to get some real justice (because i like Paul Bettany as an actor and he bonks on Jennifer Connely in the dailyyyy) as the badass character he was in the comics BUT I don’t see that happening.

Don't get why people hated the first episodes. They were very cleverly written.
I think many are looking for the instant gratification whereas I belive this slower burn with Easter eggs abound will drum up excitement and get people talking about it. I'm positive that when this is over (including the other series we get) we are all going to be more than prepared for the next phase in the mcu

I think many are looking for the instant gratification whereas I belive this slower burn with Easter eggs abound will drum up excitement and get people talking about it. I'm positive that when this is over (including the other series we get) we are all going to be more than prepared for the next phase in the mcu
Seems more geared towards older viewers. Tons of references and homages to old school sitcoms and I thought they were very well done.

- Knew the doctor wasn't going to be allowed to leave on his holiday. "Bermuda, baby!" was probably a reference to the Bermuda Triangle. The doctor also wore a badge of some kind that resembled a helmet or head with horns. Either a reference to Mephisto or Magneto.

- That's the second advert in a row to reference Hydra. And the woman fantasizing about a perfect vacation seemed to reference, "Tahiti; it's a magical place" from Agents of SHIELD.

The entire set up reminds me of the Pleasant Hill story arc from Captain America, in which SHIELD use a Cosmic Cube to create a prison for Super Villains in which their reality is overwritten to make them believe they are normal people living in a small American town. It's later revealed that SHIELD were manipulated into this by the Red Skull, and the story led directly into the infamous Steve Rogers, Agent of Hydra arc.

Interestingly, the Pleasant Hill story begins with an old Captain America who's age is reversed to being in his prime again. There are rumours that Multiverse of Madness will feature Evans playing Hydra Cap...

- Herb cutting through the garden wall with a power saw could be a reference to, Breaking the Fourth Wall. He's obviously aware that something is very wrong.

- "She came here because we're..." Trapped, would be my guess. I think most of the characters Vision and Wanda interact with are real people who's realities have been overwritten, rather than NPC's created by who/whatever is responsible.

- "Ralph looks better in the dark, so I'm not complaining". Another name for the Devil is, "the Prince of Darkness".

- SWORD were obviously able to infiltrate Monica, and possible The Beekeeper, into the town, but can't break through whatever field surrounds it.

- Might be coincidence, but the SWORD symbol that Monica wears bears a passing resemblance to an Inverted Cross.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back