Television WANDAVISION Discussion (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen the whole season of WANDAVISION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Just watched the first two episodes. We really enjoyed them. Only complaint? Too short. 27 minutes just isn't enough.

Otherwise, looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

The show didnt work for me.

These type of shows require a mystery that starts shaking reality, this one doesnt have that cause we already know who Wanda and Vision are from the MCU and we know this sitcom world is fake. In the end it doesnt matter if its SHIELD, Wanda went crazy or the multiverse cause we already know how it ends, we know point A (sitcom) is fake and we know point C (MCU) is real.

Twilight zone, Lost, etc take you from point A trought B to reveal C, you cant really do that here.

Rewatched the first two episodes again with my kids. Noticed a few more things.

Did you guys get the nod to Marvel villain Grim Reaper in the 2nd episode music intro?

As for the A.I.M. theory, I'm starting to have doubts on that because the beekeeper had a S.W.O.R.D. logo at his back.

I'm thinking Mephisto might be behind everything. There were a couple of nods to him like Agnes' cat, Scratch, and Agnes reply to Dottie's statement about the Devil. There were so many subliminal message about children. Was this Mephisto's goal to influence Wanda into having kids?

I noticed before that the ending image always had a hexagon frame. Could it be a reference to bees and therefore related to the beekeeper? Or could it be the Agents of SHIELD villain Hive?

Could we also see the resurrection of Quicksilver at the end of all of this?

I’m very surprised it is getting this much love here. I find it well done (performances / production), but very underwhelming so far. The payoff better be soon and huge or I’ll rate this as misguided at best.

Rewatched the first two episodes again with my kids. Noticed a few more things.

Did you guys get the nod to Marvel villain Grim Reaper in the 2nd episode music intro?

As for the A.I.M. theory, I'm starting to have doubts on that because the beekeeper had a S.W.O.R.D. logo at his back.

I'm thinking Mephisto might be behind everything. There were a couple of nods to him like Agnes' cat, Scratch, and Agnes reply to Dottie's statement about the Devil. There were so many subliminal message about children. Was this Mephisto's goal to influence Wanda into having kids?

I noticed before that the ending image always had a hexagon frame. Could it be a reference to bees and therefore related to the beekeeper? Or could it be the Agents of SHIELD villain Hive?

Could we also see the resurrection of Quicksilver at the end of all of this?

- I mentioned Reaper's helmet and bones insignia being seen when Vision phased through the house. In the comics, Reaper has a lot of previous history with Vision. He is eventually killed and buried in the grounds of the house Vision and his, "family" are living in. That story arc is heavily referenced in WandaVision.

- The SWORD insignia on Beekeeper's uniform could be a reference to AIM infiltrating the organisation the way HYDRA did SHIELD. Or it could be Swarm, a Spider-Man villain in the comics who was an ex-Nazi scientist.

- The Hexagonal frame is probably a reference to Wanda firing, "Hex Bolts" from her hands in the comics.

- I'd be very surprised if Mephisto isn't involved on some level. As we've both noted, there are far too many references - Senor Scratch, Devil in the details etc - to be anything other than deliberate. Of course, it could also be misdirection, so we don't see the real Big Bad coming;)

- Probably not intentional, of course, but the call and repeat, "For the children!" reminded me of Simon Pegg's movie, Hot Fuzz, in which the murderous vigilante Neighbourhood Watch chants the phrase, "For the Greater Good" when discussing the murder of those they believe pose a threat to their perfect village.

Last edited:
I liked first 2 episodes. It's quite different than what we're used to from the MCU but it's kind of refreshing at the same time.

Yes we know that this is a fake reality from the start but the fun , at least for me , is trying to find all the clues and easter eggs in the dialogue , the backgrounds , the interactions etc and see how everything is going to unfold and lead into Dr Strange 2 as Wandavision is supposed to be directly connected and a setup for that movie. And this will into lead into Spider Man 3 after that.

So basically whatever happens in the show will start a chain of events that will lead deep into one arc of phase 4 and have major repercussions on other MCU characters.

I watched the Marvel Legends 6 min videos on Wanda and on Vision assuming they were informative documentaries, but they seemed to be just long MCU highlight reels. I don't remember some of the scenes.

How are they gonna explain accent, then no accent?

I watched the Marvel Legends 6 min videos on Wanda and on Vision assuming they were informative documentaries, but they seemed to be just long MCU highlight reels. I don't remember some of the scenes.

How are they gonna explain accent, then no accent?

There’s an interview where they ask Olsen about that, and she said A. Magic and B. “In Wandavision it’s supposed to be an American sitcom so someone had to have an American accent on it”

Both answers are shite but I hate her stupid accent so I don’t care

Maaan fuuuck these first two episodes.

So far all the people who have said the first two episodes are good, all they keep talking about is all the hidden Easter eggs.

Easter eggs are all fine and dandy, they're supposed to be the icing on top of the cake.

This lame-ass show forgot the freaking cake.

Will it get better? Probably. Does it have the potential to be amazing? Probably.

Will I ever, ever go back and rewatch these lame ass, bullshit sitcom episodes ever again? Hell no. I'd rather go back and watch the first half of the first season of agents of shield, and I'm never going back through that again.

There’s an interview where they ask Olsen about that, and she said A. Magic and B. “In Wandavision it’s supposed to be an American sitcom so someone had to have an American accent on it”

Both answers are shite but I hate her stupid accent so I don’t care

I feel like she’s been phasing it out over the movies gradually anyway. Like that episode of Friends where Schwimmer gives university lectures in an (awful) English accent and just tries to fade it out.

I feel like she’s been phasing it out over the movies gradually anyway. Like that episode of Friends where Schwimmer gives university lectures in an (awful) English accent and just tries to fade it out.

Elizabeth+Olsen+explains+nude+scene.jpg

They should have made Wandavision a late night adult show where Wanda has sexual relations with full nudity with Vision.

This is the starting point of making Wanda Evil and the Villain for Phase 4.

The show is happening in Wanda's head. She is in a coma or something and being allow to dream up the perfect life for herself and this is what she is seeing. Now there are clues that the outside world is coming in with the radio talking and stop it glitches.

Ok but here is what I and thinking. I am thinking whoever has Wanda is keeping her cause of she Wants to be kept. She asked for this. Maybe by Hydra cause we saw the commercial. So right now she is building the perfect life for herself in her head and someone from Stark Labs or the Avengers will come and "Save Her" by the end of the show but by saving her, it will cause her to lose the World she built and Lose Vision again and that will cause her to become angry and loose control of her emotions and look to tear the world apart cause she can't have her world or finally seek revenge for Tony killing her parent,destroying her life and now being praise as the Hero of the World.

And BOOM!! I figure it all out on day 1.
It's obvious that what we're seeing isn't real. I don't know any comic backstories, so beyond that, they haven't given us much of anything to speculate.

I think we can infer a few things. I don't think she's constructing a perfect world for herself in her head as an escape from something terrible that just happened in the real world, but that is an interesting theory. This wouldn't be Wanda's paradise if given a choice, after all. No, I think she is being mind-controlled. I think the visions she is having that we are seeing as a delusion being cast on her like a spell to control her; to confuse and distract her from the reality of what is being done to her so that she won't fight back.

Her mind knows something is wrong, but the spell is imbuing her with instincts to suppress this. For example, in the first episode, neither she nor Vision knows what the heart on the calendar is about. She should know that is wrong, because like Vision says, he never forgets anything, and if she put it there herself, she would certainly remember. Yet she accepts the thrust of a domestic 50's sitcom that this mystery is the primary conflict of an episode. She tries to play it off that she could be a forgetful housewife disappointing her husband because that's what a 50's sitcom housewife would fear rather than questioning why in the hell she would be participating in this life at all.

I'm not sure what to think of Vision's presence, he might not really be there at all, but I also suspect the possibility that he went into her head to try to pull her out, and became stuck, too. That's because he is also given agency. He has the scenes alone at work without her. He doesn't know what he does, when he started, or why he's there, but like Wanda, he immediately drops this concern, and preoccupies himself with being a successful husband because that's what a 50's sitcom husband would care about.

The only strange moment in the episode is when the husband begins to choke, and Kitty keeps saying to him, "Stop it," over and over. In our sitcom, she appears to be saying it to her husband, the boss, which doesn't make sense, because obviously he doesn't want to choke, and that's not how a person would react to that situation. That's because in reality these are two people mind-controlled Wanda has been sent to hurt. She's hurting the husband, and his friend, the wife, is pleading to Wanda with increasing desperation, "Stop it." You're killing him. Stop it.

In the second episode, what is the first strange moment? When she is talking to Dotty. Wanda assures her, "I'm not here to hurt you." She replies, "I don't believe you." That's because Dotty is someone else in the real world who Wanda has been sent to victimize. This is why we hear the voice, "Wanda, who is doing this to you?" Could be Vision, could be another Avenger who is showing up trying to stop her from wreaking havoc where she is being sent to wreak it. It's someone trying to reach the real Wanda.

Who is controlling her? Well, with show's trailer as a cheat sheet, her neighbor, the witch, is the prime candidate. Notice she's also the one in the delusion who is able to control and persuade Wanda. She is the one who gave her the food to supply to the husband and wife that chokes the boss. Meanwhile, she's the one who points Wanda at Dotty, "She is the key to everything." Then Dotty's hand gets cut in that strange moment with Wanda.

How is she doing it? Could be her powers, but I think she is also using Stark tech. Remember that Hydra had stolen a bunch of Stark tech (and weapons) to use in their experiments that created Wanda and Quicksilver in conjunction with the Tesseract. I believe she's gotten her hands on some key Stark tech related to this that in some way enables her to penetrate Wanda's consciousness. Maybe Tony built it after he was attacked by Wanda the first time as a defense against her.

This will also somehow explain why a dumb piece of gum could mess up Vision. Obviously, it's not really gum. The gum is just a symbol for an attack or control on his consciousness in the real world.

Now, the part that has me the most confused is the weird beekeeper at the end. Wanda uses her command of probability to say, "No", and rewind time to avoid him. It could be that he is a friend, not a foe. The illusion presents him menacingly because he is a threat not to Wanda, but to the illusion itself, and the one orchestrating it. He is trying to break in to help. This could be why the illusionist desperately gave her a pregnancy. That is something Wanda desperately does desire, because it's not something she and Vision can do in the real world, and so it increased her devotion to the illusion. She rejected the attempt to help break the spell because now she is more invested in the fantasy.

Back