Wand shorts/rdfc.tv question

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by OwMyArm, Apr 26, 2008.

1. OwMyArm

OwMyArm lost in the internets

Hey guys, I was surfing rdfc.tv for a new pair of shorts and happened across these:
    [​IMG]
    I was just wondering if anybody in here has had any experience with Wand shorts and what they thought of them, and also if anyone's had any experience with rdfc.tv and could tell me if they are a good site to order from.

I'm a G&E n00b so if I'm re-hashing anything that's been asked or answered before, my bad. :redface:

2. Smashandgrab

Smashandgrab Red Belt

RDFC.tv is awesome to deal with. Chris is top notch and very, very professional. They're definately a trustworthy supplier.

As for the Wand gear, truthfully, I've found the Wand stuff to be of not super quality. I've never used the shorts mind you but the shirts I've seen are pretty cheaply done.

3. OwMyArm

thanks a lot for the reply, even if I dont end up going with the Wand shorts I'll definitely buy something through rdfc.tv

4. WAKAMAKA

WAKAMAKA Purple Belt

Yeah, i hear nothing but good things about rdfc.tv, and i will be ordering some stuff from them really soon.

5. Lapu-Lapu

Lapu-Lapu Brown Belt

rdfc.tv is a really great site.

6. EducatedFool

EducatedFool Yellow Belt

I ordered a pair of Wand shorts from them, and they're great. You would just need to order one size up, or they'll be tight

7. Mumrik

Mumrik Silver Belt

I own 3 pairs of Wand shorts.

2 pairs (1 black, one white) of these - I love to use them for sports or just normal use in the summer time, but I don't really dare use them for grappling. the material just doesn't seem like they could take the abuse. They are very thin and light, and the material feels quite artificial and isn't very soft.

I also own a pair of these and while that description says 67% polyester/33% cotton, the one on my shorts says 100% cotton if I remember correctly. They are awesome, but quite heavy (just look at the material). So far I've been using them for general use and weightlifting. I'm sure they'll hold up in grappling, but they'd hold on to a lot of sweat. Only weakness in those is that the velcro seems a bit weak, especially compared to the killer velcro in my other two pairs.

So all in all, I love them as ordinary shorts, but for grappling and striking I prefer some of my other shorts, such as my Sprawls (which I find too flashy for normal use). the Wand shorts don't have any kind of elastic material by the way. I'm very flexible, and that might annoy me in training - especially on the ground.

8. BionikBlue

BionikBlue Blue Belt

I ordered a Koral Gi from RDFC a couple weeks ago and they are easy to deal with and the shipping was very fast. I would definitely recommend them and buy from them again!

9. OwMyArm

thanks a lot for the responses, I don't think I'll go with those shorts but I'll definitely go with rdfc.tv

10. Devil Johnny

Devil Johnny Guest

ive bought a wand shirt+ shorts from rdfc.tv

good seller, too some weeks though (to get here)

11. Smashandgrab

Smashandgrab Red Belt

You can thank Canada Customs for that

12. Newcastle

Newcastle Brown Belt

Is there shipping generally pretty high for all items? I almost ordered a Koral gi from them a couple weeks ago and it looked like the cost was about $30 to ship (regular shipping). That just seemed kind of high.

13. www.rdfc.tv

www.rdfc.tv Orange Belt

Hi Newcastle,

Shipping starts at only $7.95 for most items less than 250g (i.e. most t-shirts) to any destination worldwide. As the weight and size of the package increases, so does the cost to ship. The shipping cost for most Gi's is about $29.95 and the shipping method used is either FedEx or USPS Priority Mail (not regular mail) depending on your location.

Please note: We make all of our shipping prices viewable prior to check out and without making anyone have to "create an account" before you can to see what the costs are (most online sites today have you provide them with your information and create an account to log in, before giving you any shipping costs for your items).

If you are interested in any other items from our store, I would encourage you to revisit our site and select the other items you desire. You can then just proceed to checkout, enter your state/province and country to view the actual shipping costs to you.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me anytime and I would be more than happy to assist you in anyway possible.

Take care,
    Chris - Red Dragon Fight Company

14. Newcastle

Newcastle Brown Belt

Thanks for the response. I did see that it showed the shipping cost prior to checkout but had not tried any other items. I appreciate you taking the time to explain that.

15. Newcastle

Newcastle Brown Belt

Okay, just dropped some coin on a Koral rashie from RDFC. Man they aren't cheap but I know it's a good product. :icon_chee

16. Foppa21

Foppa21 Black Belt

Made a order from RDFC a few months ago. Top notch. Chris is awesome to deal with

17. Smashandgrab

Smashandgrab Red Belt

I was thinking about picking up a Manto rashie from RDFC.tv. Might have to wait til next month though I just blew my gear budget on 2 pairs of Sprawls.