[Wand Interview]"I can't even speak English properly, much less read contracts"

... yes. The same thing happened to me. I was is France and I don't speak french very well, and this guy came in the door with no credentials, so I FREAKING RAN OUT OF THERE, I mean, I barely speak french, let alone read contracts in it.

...but... he hadn't said anything about contracts yet... and even if he had, I probably would have said something along the lines of "I need my lawyer/manager here to help with this, let's sign it later"

Then, there is the other concern of... "you want me to pee in a cup" turning into a contract debate.

Nope nope nope.

nope.

...oh, and then disappear for 3 days.

Because it takes 3 days to find a lawyer.

Chael said it when he was acting as the UFC's official mouthpiece on UFC Tonight. He didn't just say in some random interview, he said it through the UFC's official news show. Anything he says there is backed by the UFC.

If it had been Ariel, Kenny, DC, Bisping, Cruz or anybody else that they use on UFC Tonight, no one would have any problem and wouldn't question it. But because it's Chael you suddenly have a problem with it.

Chael is backed by the UFC and the UFC backs Chael, but we still don't have any real evidence of any of his allegations.

why is everyone so mad?

vitor vs chael is a way better fight. wand would of gotten UD'd for sure.
flip flop takedowns ftw.

I seriously dont know here and I'm not being sarcastic. Can you leave a drug test without consequences if you demand to have a lawyer present? Isn't the purpose of a random drug test moot if you can refuse to take it?

Wand can do what he want and he did. The NSAC is now pissed and the smear campaign is in full effect. They are all playing ball with the NSAC and making an example out of Wand and his rightful choice to walk away.

Did he sign something that said they would randomly arrive to take samples or was that the document and the moment they wanted to do everything? Sounds like it was... but Wand should have taken care of all this stuff weeks ago. He obviously delayed it all and brought it on himself and it looks really bad. They wanted to test him and finally arrived to say heres the document you have not signed and today is the day we randomly test you. He has every right to refuse but it looks really really bad.

why is everyone so mad?

vitor vs chael is a way better fight. wand would of gotten UD'd for sure.
flip flop takedowns ftw.

I agree Vitor vs Chael is a far better, more competitive and relevant fight, but what frustrates me about this whole situation is that the UFC had no reason to call off the original matchup. The NSAC is still open to an application by Wand, and if he was on steroids at the time 3 days is very unlikely to affert the result. If the whole situation had been handled properly, Wanderlei could have been contacted by the UFC when they heard, arranged a meeting with the NSAC officials and submitted the blood and urine tests a day or less later. But no, they have a kneejerk reaction, scrap the fight entirely and label Wand as having failed the test.

Chael said it when he was acting as the UFC's official mouthpiece on UFC Tonight. He didn't just say in some random interview, he said it while he was anchor on the UFC's official news show. Anything he says there is backed by the UFC.

If it had been Ariel, Kenny, DC, Bisping, Cruz or anybody else that they use on UFC Tonight, no one would have any problem and wouldn't question it. But because it's Chael you suddenly have a problem with it.

Because some people are credible and Chael isn't one of those people. Don't know why you find that so hard to understand.

You suddenly don't speak English when you are faced with a random drug test...Chael's story is actually more believable..

And his other excuse, "I didn't know who they were, they didn't have any credentials." Ummm...ya...it takes ONE phone call to the commission to verify their integrity.

Guilty as hell.

Chaels story is more believeable? He wasn't even there dude. I'm not acting like I know what happened but you sir are gullible. Its not like Chael hasn't been in any sort of legal trouble or engaged in fraudulent behavior. Oh wait......

Chael said it when he was acting as the UFC's official mouthpiece on UFC Tonight. He didn't just say in some random interview, he said it while he was anchor on the UFC's official news show. Anything he says there is backed by the UFC.

Because Chael is probably the second biggest BSer in the sport, only behind Dana.

Probably because in the past he's been able to review things with his lawyer, which is what he says he wanted to do, and in this instance he was told to sign something on the spot.

I don't know what happened or who is right, but this Hate Machine that is flowing pretending like Wand's side of the story is completely farfetched is just dumb.

well who would have thoguht that no one would believe in a guy that acted like a complete **** in the recent months

We get it, you can't read.

Still doesn't explain the major issue which is this problem occurred and he disappeared and didn't inform ANYONE.

One call to the UFC, NSAC, etc. would have sorted this out. Why just ignore it? Makes absolutely ZERO sense.

This is a horrible excuse. Perchance right as the NSAC agent came he had to rush out of the gym and leave?

People who believe Wand in this must be beyond delusional. Especially because they're most likely the same people that roasted Overeem for doing essentially the exact same thing Wand is doing, but at least he took the test in Europe.

Last edited:
I think people saying Wandy is scared to fight Chael are wrong, he isn't afraid to fight anyone.

However, his story doesn't make a whole lot of sense either. In this circumstance, we not only have to believe that no one spoke English there to help him, we also have to believe that his first response was NOT to call his lawyer right there and then, explain the situation, have him (or someone who can represent Wandy) come down to the gym, or even "speak" to this guy on the phone, and make sure everything is hunky dorey.

Here is everything he could have done to assuage the situation.
Immediately call his lawyer (any lawyer he knows) and have him come down to speak to this person.
Immediately call an English speaking friend/person to come translate for him.
Immediately call the UFC, call Dana, call anyone from his organization that can determine what is going on.
Or, just wait there. Don't leave, don't run, if you were at the gym you couldn't have been in a life or death rush anyways.

Instead, his (logical?No) decision was to be in such a rush he walks away from the guy, and phones his wife to deal with it. In what crazy sort of rush was he in that he had to leave the gym with a potential representative there and look as if he was "escaping".

No, none of it makes sense logically. At the best, he is retarded and does everything without even a shred of forethought. At the worst, he was actually trying to escape because he was afraid of being caught with something in his system.

In both cases, this is dumb on his part.

Why the fuck would Dana want to kill one of his biggest summer fights? :rolleyes:

And then Chael gets a 10 times more challenging opponent. Makes no sense for either of them to lie about this.

In case you forgot, Dana is a PROMOTER, it's his JOB to lie (cue in Paul Heyman). He's probably told so many lies by now, he forgot what is the truth anymore.

Anyways, 2 of the biggest liars in the sport and you're gonna believe them over Wand?? Someone who has never failed a single drug test in his entire career. Ask yourself this, why would you sign anything in a foreign language without a lawyer present?? Especially when the guy didnt have any identification on him. Makes no sense.

And since when did wand get so much hate on this forum? Did I miss something? (I don't watch TUF to know either)

I wouldn't sign something in a MY OWN language without a lawyer, EVEN if I recognized the guy holding the paper. When you're a millionaire, you sure as shit don't sign anything without someone who knows what they're talking about, who works for you, giving you the thumbs up.

Chael Sonnen is a pathological liar. He lies to make people laugh, he lies to get out of hot water, he lies to avoid taxes - he's a liar. But because he said that Wanderlei "literally ran out the door in fear" that's how you halfwits see the situation in your head, when common sense, even disregarding Chael's transparent agenda, dictates that its much more likely that a man with 50 fights and no failed drug tests was simply not going to sign something without his lawyer present.

You people are stupider than retard shit. When a Lobotomzied Down-Syndrome kid takes a shit does it automatically get an account on Sherdog?

Overreact much? Stupider as stupid does I guess, use real words when you call other people stupid.

Back