Wand getting ready for UFC Japan!

man his hands... but at least he got the front kick going

even though wand is way past his prime he will still destroy stann!

war wand!!!!!

WOW this is bad, his hands and foot work... is like he is getting worse not better? It will be a short night for Wand sad to say.

Man.. He's basically just running in punching chin up. Wand needs to retire.

Not sure what everyone is talking about. This is how Wand has always fought which always got him rocked in almost every fight. Problem is he doesn't have the recovery ability he used to have.

War Wand.

Love the guy, as most Sherdoggers do. What an entertainer.

With that being said, I don't see his technique getting worse really- he never had any notable technique to begin with. He's never looked fluid, had great footwork or been difficult to hit. He got by on toughness, power and aggression.

Now that he's older, it's harder for him to recover when he gets tagged- at least he still has his power! I cringe everytime he fights, but I always enjoy when he wins. WAR WAND!

Wand's ground game is so underrated and I think he could beat Stann by using it. Sadly he just fights for the fans and will undoubtedly get KO'd.

:(

Wand's ground game is so underrated and I think he could beat Stann by using it. Sadly he just fights for the fans and will undoubtedly get KO'd.

:(

Stann is quite a bad match up for him too. I have a feeling he will look old, and then he will go to sleep.

It's gotten to the point where when he fights, I just pray for the opponent to make a mistake rather than hold out hope Wand will do something amazing.

With that being said, Bisping and Cung Le appeared to be bad matchups for him on paper too.

With that being said, Bisping and Cung Le appeared to be bad matchups for him on paper too.

Huge Wand fan, fine nuthugger, but Stann is a terrible matchup for Wand: he hits harder than Le and Bisping (for sure Bisping) and he's a bigger specimen in the event Wand wishes to wrestle. Stann also isn't known to be easy to finish nor have a weak chin.

Regardless, there's nothing a set of Wanderlei clinch knees or right-hook cannot overcome. :icon_twis

Love the guy, as most Sherdoggers do. What an entertainer.

With that being said, I don't see his technique getting worse really- he never had any notable technique to begin with. He's never looked fluid, had great footwork or been difficult to hit. He got by on toughness, power and aggression.

Now that he's older, it's harder for him to recover when he gets tagged- at least he still has his power! I cringe everytime he fights, but I always enjoy when he wins. WAR WAND!

His boxing was always bad but he had some good kicks, especially low kicks and a killer muay thai clinch.
He used to make his opponent uncomfortable with the kicks before rushing in.
Nowadays he only uses his hands.

He also mixed some takedowns in the past, he was never a great wrestler or ground fighter but I'm sure he is better than Stann on the ground, but of course he won't use it.

Huge Wand fan, fine nuthugger, but Stann is a terrible matchup for Wand: he hits harder than Le and Bisping (for sure Bisping)

Correction; we thought Stann did. Until he fought Bisping, and then it was clear he was completely outclassed, outpunched and outpowered.

Huge Wand fan, fine nuthugger, but Stann is a terrible matchup for Wand: he hits harder than Le and Bisping (for sure Bisping) and he's a bigger specimen in the event Wand wishes to wrestle. Stann also isn't known to be easy to finish nor have a weak chin.

Regardless, there's nothing a set of Wanderlei clinch knees or right-hook cannot overcome. :icon_twis

I don't think that anyone wants to get in the pocket with Stann after his fight with Leben.

2.gif

3.gif

Only way to beat Stann is to throw jabs from very far away and shoot for TDs, but Wand won't pointfight like Bisping and that'll probably cost him. :(

Back