Wand Fight Team PENSACOLA: How is it?

Halfbreed83

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hi, I trained Muay Thai and No-Gi Jiu Jitsu in Vegas about two years ago. With the birth of my kids and switching careers I didn't have time or the funds to support my hobby. Finally, I'm going to start training again and I'm pretty excited :icon_chee

I live an hour away from Wand Fight Team in Pensacola and would like to check it out. I have some questions for people who train there:

1: How's the atmosphere? I've checked out another gym local to me and most of the students and the instructor didn't seem very helpful or friendly towards new guys.
2: In the Muay Thai classes do the students get alot of Pad time? I had a great Thai pad trainer in Vegas who was helpful and we'd be running striking drills on the pads for about an hour each class with light sparring the last 30 mins.
3: How's many times a week do they do No-Gi grappling?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I've been to Pensacola a few times because I have family there. Didn't know they had a Wand Fight Team. That's pretty cool. All I know is Pcola is so boring and humid. lol. I heard there might be a new 10th Planet Jiu jitsu affilate from there soon also. Good luck on your training.

Did you try Capitao Jiujitsu? They have an active fight team, and they do tournaments all over the region. Really good guys.

From what I hear it's a pretty nice place. Alex Silva Ruas teaches bjj up there and is a 4th degree black belt. Their muay thai coach, Marlon Mathias is a black belt from chute boxe. I've only been up there once and they were moving to a new location that day. But I met Marlon and a few people that train there and they were pretty nice. I would like to hear some more info on the as well.

Cool, thanks for the info! Hopefully, someone will chime in on my questions . . . I had a chance to check it out today but I was in Pensacola for business and ended up having to do more errands. Ah well, maybe next time :icon_chee

Back