News RIP Aniah Blanchard, Walt Harris' Daughter (2000-2019) | Three Suspects Charged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true, great post.

Unfortunately chaos is so damn alluring.

It's not healthy.
There is absolutely nothing good that comes from being exposed to horrible headlines from around the world. Why should you or I know about a bus of school children crashing 600km away or a kidnapping in another country? News feeds get populated with fearsome headlines, no matter how far removed.
I suspect its no coincidence that the rise in apocalyptic and deeply pessimistic writing in the 17th century came on as book presses led to a wide circulation of pamphlets and newsletters, already following what would today be termed the 'if it bleeds, it leads'-paradigm. Today, given the sensationalistic nature of news portals and human psychology being what it is, we're feeling the effects tenfold: We perceive the world to be a much grimmer and more dangerous place, than it really is, and accordingly tend towards an idealization of the past, repressive politics and law-and-order-style strongmen ('If the world is full of dangerous agressive SOBs, I at least want a dangerous agressive SOB of my own.')
So yeah. Unplug and focus on what actually matters in your life.

(Yes, I'm fully aware of how I performatively contradicted myself by even posting here.. then again, human psychology being what it is ...)

It's not healthy.
There is absolutely nothing good that comes from being exposed to horrible headlines from around the world. Why should you or I know about a bus of school children crashing 600km away or a kidnapping in another country? News feeds get populated with fearsome headlines, no matter how far removed.
I suspect its no coincidence that the rise in apocalyptic and deeply pessimistic writing in the 17th century came on as book presses led to a wide circulation of pamphlets and newsletters, already following what would today be termed the 'if it bleeds, it leads'-paradigm. Today, given the sensationalistic nature of news portals and human psychology being what it is, we're feeling the effects tenfold: We perceive the world to be a much grimmer and more dangerous place, than it really is, and accordingly tend towards an idealization of the past, repressive politics and law-and-order-style strongmen ('If the world is full of dangerous agressive SOBs, I at least want a dangerous agressive SOB of my own.')
So yeah. Unplug and focus on what actually matters in your life.

(Yes, I'm fully aware of how I performatively contradicted myself by even posting here.. then again, human psychology being what it is ...)

That' so true man. The more you read those things the more fked up your brain is. Those portals and tv news channel are constantly ringing at your brain's door and threatens you with bad news.

That gag order is interesting. Maybe they are worried about being able to select a jury?

That gag order is interesting. Maybe they are worried about being able to select a jury?

Think outside the box man!
The Judge may be trying to do some Damage Control, since one of his own (A fellow Judge) Is directly responsible for the release of the Scum Bag Perp, and wants to have control of the proceedings.
That's why he banned the News Media in an Opened court room procedure!!
Judges protect their own!!
:mad:

I think you're correct. I believe the gag order was so that they could hold the trial locally and still find an impartial jury. Auburn is a pretty tight knit community. I think they want to bury this guy on their own turf.

Last edited:
It breaks my heart we still don't have word on Aniah.
If anyone in her family reads this just know there are strangers all around the world who are part of the MMA community that are keeping you guys in our thoughts. I can't imagine what you guys are still going through.

It breaks my heart we still don't have word on Aniah.
If anyone in her family reads this just know there are strangers all around the world who are part of the MMA community that are keeping you guys in our thoughts. I can't imagine what you guys are still going through.

The crazy thing is they have been looking for her for so long and now have the search area really down. What the hell did this psychopath do with her?

this morning's interview with walt harris and his wife.

some quotes from walt, regarding the suspect, ibraheem yazeed, who is now in custody-

"this guy's a hardened criminal. he's not just forthcoming with the information. he's not talking."

"you could see the evil on this guy. it's just... it’s hard to put into words what you’re feeling in that moment other than rage. you just want to make him feel our pain and understand how hard this has been... what you’re doing to a family. it’s not just us but multiple families."

https://www.wbrc.com/2019/11/11/you...chards-parents-describe-seeing-suspect-court/

Last edited:
The crazy thing is they have been looking for her for so long and now have the search area really down. What the hell did this psychopath do with her?
Lots of ways to hide a body. This case is widely viewed because of her relation to Walt but go on some missing person forums and see just how many women go missing to never be found. It's not unusual for it to take 5-10 years to find a body, and a lot of times it ends up being some off trail hiker or hunter stumbling across it.

He had days to figure out a place and the span of miles he covered could be hundreds before he was caught. They are focused on the route from town to town it happened but he could have spent a day deliberately driving out of the way to hide her.

This is gonna be a long and hard situation.

In the US once you are a Judge, you are a Judge for life. There is only a few things a Judge can do to be stripped and thats either death or a felony.

Situations like these are why judges should be fired.

That's not at all true. Most judges in the U.S., state and local, are elected officials. Only federal judges and U.S. Supreme court justices are lifetime appointments.

You could buy a 1200sq foot fully functional "mobile home" and a couple acres of land for around $75k in NY. Spend another 15k on a brand new car and be set for life.

100k to someone who uses money wisely could easily setup their entire life off of it.

Better yet is take the 100k and move down south and get an entire house and land for under 80k.

Except it's taxed as income. There goes $35k.

We had a case here where a young woman went missing a few years ago and has never been found. She was caught on security camera getting into the truck of her ex and was never seen again. The ex went off into the woods and killed himself after the police questioned him.

So yeah, if a suspect is not talking (either because they don't want to or because they're dead), there's only so much you can do, unfortunately.
cortney-lake-homicide-truck.jpg
This is the reason why I'm a huge believer in women carrying a concealed weapon. Even a single stack 380 or 22lr is better than nothing and can be the difference of life or death. There are monsters out there and as everybody just witnessed it just takes being in the wrong place at the wrong time for a matter of minutes.

If they are anti-gun or underage then they should carry some sort of LTL defensive equipment that's quick access. Pepper spray is quite effective, but the whole risk of spray blowing back makes it very dependent on wind direction.

Last edited:
US judges have a habit of crushing nonviolent offenders and showing too much leniency on violent criminals.

It's because our lawmakers have created mandatory minimum sentencing guidelines for many non-violent crimes. In many/most cases, the judges' hands are tied.

That's not at all true. Most judges in the U.S., state and local, are elected officials. Only federal judges and U.S. Supreme court justices are lifetime appointments.
Some states (Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island) are lifetime appointments though.

they should torture him to find out where she is... no mercy...

they should torture him to find out where she is... no mercy...
Horrible idea. What if it turns out he’s innocent?

If I waterboarded you for an hour I guarantee I could get you to admit to the Manson murders. Doesn’t mean you did it. That’s why we can’t start torturing people. You run the risk of hurting innocent people and generating shitty information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back