News Walt Harris vs. Tai Tuivasa added to UFC 267 (Oct 30)

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/07/ufc-267-news-fight-card-tai-tuivasa-vs-walt-harris

SIR

Walt Harris vs. Tai Tuivasa added to UFC 267 in Abu Dhabi

Put down the shooey, a heavyweight battle is headed to “Fight Island.”

Former promotional headliners Walt Harris and Tai Tuivasa will collide on Oct. 30 at UFC 267, which is expected to take place on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi.

Two people with knowledge of the matchup informed MMA Junkie on the booking Tuesday but asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.

On the heels of three consecutive losses to Alistair Overeem, Alexander Volkov, and Marcin Tybura, Alabama’s Harris (13-10 MMA, 6-8 UFC) will look to snap his losing skid and get back in the win column for the first time since 2019.

UFC 267 marks a relatively quick turnaround for Tuivasa (12-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC), who, on July 10, defeated Greg Hardy via first-round TKO. The finish victory was his third in as many outings.

Viewing details for UFC 267 have not been finalized, though MMA Junkie has learned the promotion is leaning toward making the numbered event free to watch for fans in the United States on ABC, ESPN, ESPN+, or some combination of the networks.

Tai's a greasy matchup. i'm not envious of anyone that has to swing with that guy.

Tai will being doing shoeies after this fight.

Oh no. Walt doesn't need that

Noooo. Walt needs a big step down. Not a concussion giving shoe drinking psycho

Walt Harris needs to fight someone like current gen Andrei Arlovski.

He hasn't had a win since his daughter's thing. He needs to get a win in the UFC before he retires. I really want him to get a win.

This isn't gonna be it.

D1 Harris may take it, the question is if D1 Harris is possible.

Walt has looked stale and clueless lately. I just can't see him winning against a hard-slugging energetic young guy, shoe-beer or no.

I predicted this. It should be fun while it lasts.

Oh no. Walt doesn't need that

Noooo. Walt needs a big step down. Not a concussion giving shoe drinking psycho

Walt Harris needs to fight someone like current gen Andrei Arlovski.

He hasn't had a win since his daughter's thing. He needs to get a win in the UFC before he retires. I really want him to get a win.

This isn't gonna be it.
Yeah this fight doesn't make sense. He's lost 3 in a row by tko and tai has won 3 in a row by tko. This is a very odd fight. Makes no sense for either man to take.

Rough fight for Harris. Was hoping he'd get an easier one to help get back on track.

Back