Walt Harris vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov @ UFC Portland

Sloppy stand-up battle incoming if true.

I simply hope it ends quickly :'(

Sloppy stand-up battle indeed. I think Walt is better and will get a first round KO

Walt Harris KO'd Cody East. Gotta root for him.

Ah shit, Shamil is from Dagestan. I guess he's gonna win then.

Shamil if you don't know, is like Ruslan Magomedov sort've. Neither guy has that killer instinct but are light on their feet when it comes to the striking and they bring somewhat of a technical game with them.

Walt the southpaw seems to have power but I don't know if he beats Shamil here who has better output.

This one will end quickly and violently for Walt Harris. Abdurakhimov will be too much for Harris to handle. Basically, it's like a lion playing with a gazelle fawn before snapping it's neck.

Shamil handled Hamilton he should have no problem with Harris.

I wouldn't write Harris off so quickly. He hits like a train and is one of the more athletic heavys on the roster.

Shamil got knackered and TKO'd by Tim Johnson who while being big and strong, isn't brilliant at anything. He's just a big strong HW with decent TDD.

If Harris can keep this standing, he'll put Shamil away. But Shamil did look much improved especially cardio-wise against Hamilton (for the record, Harris would KO Hamilton - IIRC, he already has in his career but I maybe thinking of someone else).

Fuck it, I'll go against the grain and go for Harris, TKO, 2nd round.

Back