News Wallid Ismail: Paulo Costa will postpone light heavyweight move after Israel Adesanya’s ‘disgusting’

Costa is a 3 round Middleweight. He is better off at 205. He had all the time in the world to come up with a solid gameplan for Izzy, it's not as if we haven't seen Izzy tested before (Gastelum, Vettori)

Not only did he fail to test Izzy further, he was showboating and impersonating Romero essentially as a disguise for how poorly his actual gameplan was unraveling.

I agree. It’s such an unenviable position to be in. Haunting our ego like an electric eel in a shallow slowly draining bath tub.

having said that this ninja Israel adensoya is gay for that

Lol id imagine that as a fighter getting humped post fight is the worst feeling imaginable.

For months and years to come, anytime he posts anything on social media people are going to reply the image/gif of him getting humped by Adesanya just like they did with askren, except this was even worse. Gonna be hard to live this down especially since he prides himself on being a masculine, roided up Chad

I understand why Costa feels angry, but...

an immediate rematch is unwise, and will go very badly for him. He needs to make major adjustments first and clear his head.

Costa takes pride in being super masculine so I think getting stopped and sexually harassed on the canvas had to have affected him mentally. Especially by a skinny anime fan who dyes his hair

Costa would be on a serious suicide watch right now if the Pink Izzy would be the one to rape him. His acai infused ego wouldn't be able to handle it.

WYfrW1TVyEVn-i5GnCEd81MpH6ZAsKzw2BAoeGTdJTpgnKwZydhIYK3luFX2yCBCtUhfMzkwrLdexFExecn2ps1CyKVF1RYul7RQwt2jId8crUcZexq_FEQyKiIfdXmPWfCLQGRzLsaX

I think if he showed up mentally and fought with something resembling a fight-IQ he'd have a good chance. But not clinching, not grappling, not attempting take downs, and NOT STRIKING is clearly not the way to beat Israel.

He did manage to clinch a couple of times. Adesanya handled him pretty easily.

Def logically true. In the theoretical sense. I just don't think it's a great gameplan unless your TDs are CRAZY good. Izzy isn't a guy who gets taken down or stays down. So if you're making this your game plan you better have more than determination to power it. You'll need uncanny talent at TDs.

This is true but i feel like even if you can threaten with takedowns or make him worry about them, you will make the stand up easier. Otherwise adesanya is going to be completely in his element. Not doing it, unless youre a proven kickboxer yourself like adesanya is like pulling guard on jacare.

honestly izzy pushed the enveloppe too much, thats the level of disrespect that gets you killed tbh....especially for a brazilian, i wouldnt be surprised if izzy gets magically jumped/hurt.
I dont understand comments like these. Costa was acting like an ass during the fight (laughing, putting his hands behind his back, taunting etc etc) while getting picked apart. If you dont want to be disrespected then dont try to clown your opponent during the fight. Costa tried to be a big bully, but ended up being a whiny baby. I dont really like Izzy, but if they fight again I hope he destroys Costa worse.

Costa is done. He'll never beat Adesanya. He couldn't even defend leg kicks...

This is true but i feel like even if you can threaten with takedowns or make him worry about them, you will make the stand up easier. Otherwise adesanya is going to be completely in his element. Not doing it, unless youre a proven kickboxer yourself like adesanya is like pulling guard on jacare.
Can't argue that I suppose

Hey, Paulo, learn to fight first. Stop body-building and actually learn to fight. Beat 2-3 Top 10 guys and then...maybe...you can have a second chance to get pumped by Adesanya.

Jarl
If not, you're welcome at Sherdog.

Jarl

He wont get a rematch because he performed so poorly.

Lmao, the salt

Costa gets humiliated again

Izzy is just on another level

I'm siding with you (I think) on this one: we really haven't seen *anyone* try to REALLY take Israel down. They all stand and bang, or don't feel threatened until it's too late. And, of course, part of this is attributed to Israel's movement, but I really don't see him having that great of TDD, because I really haven't seen anyone really attempt serious takedowns on him.
When I first started training mma *years* ago, I had a lot of muay thai/kickboxers in my gym, and some of them were naaaasty. So when I was sparring them, I literally couldn't touch them without getting tagged up . . . but I could always shoot and grapple, no matter how fast they were, as long as I was maybe willing to eat a shot or a leg kick in the process. So I'm a bit miffed on why we aren't seeing anyone REALLY try this strategy against someone like Israel when the stakes are so high. I feel like a lot of the people saying "his TDD is amazing" are only saying that because he hasn't been taken down, rather than because he's *actually* preventing actual takedowns.

Costa got outclassed and stopped, why would they want/deserve a rematch? POINTLESS, sounds like Zingano asking for a rematch still in the octagon.

It was a classless move by Adesanya tho, one guy got DQ'd for doing a flip over his KO'd rival, and that wasnt exactly offensive, this is...
lmao Jan would destroy him even worse than Izzy did if thats possible. Costa cant even knock out Middleweights, he has no chance of hurting Jan and Jan would take his head right the fuck off.

{<jordan}
Every fighter goes through x fighter according to sherdog until someone is proved wrong, Jan isnt this undefeated wrecking machine, started his UFC career with a 2-4 record, got stopped by a former MW, went to a SD with a career long OLD MW, he isnt this lanky precision striker like Adesanya is, im not saying its an easy fight for Costa either, most likely loses that one too, but sounds like puncher vs puncher, only that one is bigger than the other, completely different fight imo.

Gotta get through Gastelum, Till, Cannonier, ect. to get there doubt he can.

Costa’s reach and striking defence won’t do him any favours at 205

Back