Walks like a DUCK, quacks like a DUCK, must be a...

I think this poster said it best. Also, Mendes' second run among a few others. Cody McKenzie wasn't even top 40.

He made his point, but I'm curious as to exactly who got the shot without beating a top 5. That list doesn't answer my question, because I don't know the rankings at the time of their fight. Mendes may be the answer I'm looking for, unless Cub or Kosh were top 5 at the time.

It's obvious he's ducking a wrestler. He never fought a wrestler, and there's a bunch of them on FW. If you wanna be blind, no problem.

So Conor is Dana White and Joe Silva now? or are you saying he has been picking his own fights so far? if you are then we will need a source.

Poirier was actually number 7. The champion isn't number one, wich is dumb, and Poirier gained a position without fighting right after the bout was announced.

Right, the number 1 contender is often #1...

I know reading is not your strong suit. Read the thread again, then address the topic at issue. Don't waste your time disputing indisputable facts.

The irony is strong with you. You embrace the hatred, where others don't. Or, you simply espouse to. Kudos.

In a perfect world, the challengers would be the true #1 contenders. But it's a business. What UFC did with Conor makes sense.

I agree with you, but to a point. If you have to "protect" guys in order to preserve a stable pool of marketable contenders, then I support that. Don't make them fight a "murderer's" row. But they have to at least beat someone noteworthy, don't you think? I mean, otherwise it's like the Truman Show: MMA Edition.

he has good wins against porier and holloway, and legit wins with brandao and siver.

he now has to beat aldo. getting a title shot makes you no different than countless other fighters over a long period of time. it's one fight. you still need to win. his career has a long way to go.

Still waiting for an answer to this question.

Who exactly has run some gauntlet to get to Aldo?

Mendes (2nd fight) beat:

Lentz
Guida
Elkins
Meza
McKenzie

Lamas beat

Koch
Hioki
Cub (before his run)
Grice

KZ beat:

Poirier
Hominick
Leonard Garcia

Edgar beat:

No one

Mendes (first fight) beat:

Yahya
Omigawa
Vazquez
Cub

Florian beat:

Nunes

Hominick beat:

Roop
Garcia
Jabouin
Caraway

Manny (WEC title) beat:

Mike Brown
Garcia
Franchi

Faber is Faber, before that he won the title from Brown.

He made his point, but I'm curious as to exactly who got the shot without beating a top 5. That list doesn't answer my question, because I don't know the rankings at the time of their fight. Mendes may be the answer I'm looking for, unless Cub or Kosh were top 5 at the time.

Conor hasn't either Dustin was #5 when they fought.

The Conor haters on this forum are the most annoying people on earth with their incessant veiled attempts to discredit McGregor. And they try to justify this insecurity by reaching for the most obscure and trivial of items, of which many are purposely misrepresented.

These people are the blessed. Conor blessed. You can tank him.

In a perfect world, the challengers would be the true #1 contenders. But it's a business. What UFC did with Conor makes sense.

it's impossible to have a continuous lineup of true #1 contenders.

people should really just accept that he's next, he's a rising talent, and we'll see what he has for the champ. he's really not much different in his "earned" title shot than just about every other fighter who has challenged aldo for the belt.

So you're saying he should have refused the title shot and fought everyone else until he loses so you can be happy and call him over rated.

Personally, I would have been satisfied if he skipped the Siver fight and fought Frankie or Chad. Hell, if he fought Cub or Lamas, that would have been great. Generally, I think a fighter should beat at least contender before becoming a contender himself. I want to say "top 5," but those tend to fluctuate in line with the UFC's objectives.

The Conor haters on this forum are the most annoying people on earth with their incessant veiled attempts to discredit McGregor. And they try to justify this insecurity by reaching for the most obscure and trivial of items, of which many are purposely misrepresented.

Meh, I don't care that Conor gets the shot, it's what people want to see, but there's no reason to suggest that he's cleared the division, he hasn't fought the best of the best yet. Which is neither here nor there, a lot of people get a shot without doing so, and Conor may very well be the next champ, but there's no reason to suggest that he's fought the top contenders. It cuts both ways, Conor haters try to suggest he gets an easy path, but Conor lovers over compensate by pointing to other people who also have gotten an easy shot. True, but so what?

Meh, I don't care that Conor gets the shot, it's what people want to see, but there's no reason to suggest that he's cleared the division, he hasn't fought the best of the best yet. Which is neither here nor there, a lot of people get a shot without doing so, and Conor may very well be the next champ, but there's no reason to suggest that he's fought the top contenders. It cuts both ways, Conor haters try to suggest he gets an easy path, but Conor lovers over compensate by pointing to other people who also have gotten an easy shot. True, but so what?

People weren't in outrage over those title shots, at least not in these levels where the hatred flows and the threads keep flying calling fights fixes and such. That's why it needs to be brought up.

Try saying something of substance, oh hateful one.

People weren't in outrage over those title shots, at least not in these levels where the hatred flows and the threads keep flying calling fights fixes and such. That's why it needs to be brought up.

People are incredibly bias, it's to be expected. That doesn't change that Conor has yet to fight the best. That's not an insinuation that he somehow lacks skill, he could very well be the next FW Goat. There's still no reason to object to the statement that he's yet to fight the best.

People are incredibly bias, it's to be expected. That doesn't change that Conor has yet to fight the best. That's not an insinuation that he somehow lacks skill, he could very well be the next FW Goat. There's still no reason to object to the statement that he's yet to fight the best.

Agreed, the point was people weren't as upset over this title shot compared to others where they were even less deserving.

To the contrary, people tend to speak out when fighters get undeserved shots. I don't like it. I didn't like it when Chael fought Jones. I didn't like it when Brock fought Randy. And if you want to know why people are more vocal about Conor, you can probably tank his fans for that.

Maybe he has ducked no one himself, the point here is that UFC protected him and saved him from fighting Edgar and Mendes. .

no one else who got a title shot had to fight Edgar or Mendes

Back