Walks like a DUCK, quacks like a DUCK, must be a...

3v3ryth1ng**

Reaction score
...GOAT?

fainting-goat-gazebo-jump.gif

Conor McGregor ducked the top of his division en route to a title shot. In the unlikely event that he succeeds in his fight against Aldo, we have a scenario where more questions than answers surround the champion, and the supposed "best" FW fighter must go about proving himself retroactively.

But this thread isn't about Conor McGregor. It's about the idea that title challengers should be protected to preserve marketability. Is this good or bad for MMA? How long should the road to a title shot be? The masses appear divided on this issue.

Name one person he has ducked.

Good luck!

...GOAT?

Conor McGregor ducked the top of his division en route to a title shot. In the unlikely event that he succeeds in his fight against Aldo, we have a scenario where more questions than answers surround the champion, and the supposed "best" FW fighter must go about proving himself retroactively.

But this thread isn't about Conor McGregor. It's about the idea that title challengers should be protected to preserve marketability. Is this good or bad for MMA? How long should the road to a title shot be? The masses appear divided on this issue.
i don't like personally i wish their was a defined path to the belt as opposed to being like connor mcgregory beating people with little to no relevance in the division and then talking trash after. but on a side note i didn't realize triple yellow cards existed?

Conor's road to Aldo wasn't any easier than Lamas' or TKZ's. Maybe even Mendes. Were they also ducking the top of the division?

Also, give people the fights they want to see.

So you're saying he should have refused the title shot and fought everyone else until he loses so you can be happy and call him over rated.

Whats the point of him fighting Frankie Edgar or suchlike? If he loses, then Edgar fights Aldo, a fight we've already seen. Makes no sense. Same reason Rumble VS Gus could've waited

So in your scenario, he beats Aldo and we're still asking questions about him? If he beats Aldo I'd argue we've got nothing left to discuss at that point.

Name a single fighter he's ducked. Name a top 5 opponent he hasn't called out.

Tell me the level of competition Chad Mendes faced for his second crack.

Tell me why you're making more threads (if indirectly) about Conor McGregor after you vowed you wouldn't after the last. You're obsessed dude. :/

It's about the idea that title challengers should be protected to preserve marketability. Is this good or bad for MMA?
It's bad. The #1 challenger should be the second best fighter in the division and the only way of proving that is to fight other top fighters.

Name one person he has ducked.

Good luck!

Maybe he has ducked no one himself, the point here is that UFC protected him and saved him from fighting Edgar and Mendes. Many people believe that they would be a serious threat to Conor.

He earned a title shot by beating Denis Siver, and everybody knew that he is not in the same league than Conor.

...GOAT?

Thought you were not talking about him anymore.

I think if we're talking about fair, Edgar should get the next shot, while Conor faces Lamas or Mendes. Fair has nothing to do with it, people want to see him fight Aldo.

Let McGOAT dethrone Aldo then he'll settle with them midget wrestlers later on. It will be very hard to wrestlefuck Conor for 5 rounds without getting KO'd in the process.

oh, is it a thread about woodley, brown, jon jones?

got me confused

Name a single fighter he's ducked. Name a top 5 opponent he hasn't called out.

Tell me the level of competition Chad Mendes faced for his second crack.

Tell me why you're making more threads (if indirectly) about Conor McGregor after you vowed you wouldn't after the last. You're obsessed dude. :/

This always amused me. Did anybody ever ask "what striker has Mendes fought?!" as he marched his way to a second title shot? He fought wrestlers pretty much all the way up to Aldo (although I think Darren Elkins is underrated).

He doesn't deserve the title shot but he knows how to play his cards better than Phil Hellmuth that's for sure.

Who exactly has run some gauntlet to get to Aldo?

Mendes (2nd fight) beat:

Lentz
Guida
Elkins
Meza
McKenzie

Lamas beat

Koch
Hioki
Cub (before his run)
Grice

KZ beat:

Poirier
Hominick
Leonard Garcia

Edgar beat:

No one

Mendes (first fight) beat:

Yahya
Omigawa
Vazquez
Cub

Florian beat:

Nunes

Hominick beat:

Roop
Garcia
Jabouin
Caraway

Manny (WEC title) beat:

Mike Brown
Garcia
Franchi

Faber is Faber, before that he won the title from Brown.

He hasn't ducked any any one. He gets his shot at the champ because he's best everyone else. Edgar is by far the more deserving fighter, but even he acknowledged that the Conor fight makes sense. Edgar should fight a can in the meantime.

Is it good they shelter there stars? Yes. Because if and when they do lose its big news, which is big money. You create this product. Nothing lasts for ever. But you might as well get the most out of it when you can. If say Swanson is better the Conor, I as a business man would not want to find out till after Aldo. And purely as a fan, I'd rather ride the GOAT as long as it lasts. And yes I realize that sounds gay. I worded it that way. Shit I am Polish after all. Regardless let a fan believe.

Back