Walking Is The Best S**t On The Planet

I’m dead serious.

About a month ago, I started walking after work. I work from home. At first, I was like, hey let me get out of the house and get some fresh air.

And then a few weeks go by, and I’m starting to look forward to my daily walk. And I start thinking, I got to go farther each time, see different parts of the city. See more birds, more buildings, more taco shops.

And now, every time I go for a walk, I feel refreshed and alive. I decompress from work, talk out ideas or problems, and get excecise.

And here’s the thing, walking is immensely beneficial for health and well being, and if you do it daily, your good to go. And it’s absolutely free.

Word.
It is actually a great exercise. Much safer and more enjoyable than many other routines.

May burn fewer calories per hour, per se, but walking is preferred to jogging, if "for health reasons".

It's also a great mental stress relief mechanism. Repetitive, "unforced", "fluid" motions calm our nervous system very efficiently.

Awesome

if any of you guys have a fitbit and want to start upa fitness club.. I'm down.

Gotta keep each other motivated!!!

I prefer biking, actually just got back from a ride, but I'll walk if you guys wanna..

Lol, why walk when you can backstroke?
Hulk-Hogan-Swim-Flex-hulk-hogan-gifs.gif
Do i take his Vitamins too?

I enjoy my walks too, especially here of late. For some reason my knees feel healthier since I made a diet change.

My knees are not athletic nor is my lower body.

jogging is good for certain people I suppose

But my body ain’t meant for it

walking is also more philosophical for me, clears the mind

My knees are not athletic nor is my lower body.

jogging is good for certain people I suppose

But my body ain’t meant for it

walking is also more philosophical for me, clears the mind
Walking meditation?

Agreed.

There's nothing like a good walk to clear your mind and your blood flowing. It also helps with thinking.

Ideally, I like walking during the daytime, then going for a run in the evening. Both are great for body and mind.

Plus it helps since I'm otherwise sitting in front of the computer all day.

I've been walking for a few years. It's a great time to listen to podcasts.

Yea, nothing like walking in nature. I wish i had a forest near my city i could go for walks in.

Shout out to swimming also, especially in crystal clear waters around an island. Actually thats better.

I've been walking for a few years. It's a great time to listen to podcasts.
Not with the threat of druggie bums and/or criminals attacking you while you're unaware.

Walking around my neighborhood & on the mountain trails surrounding it here in Sedona is a big part of what's kept me sane since my wife passed seven weeks ago. I've been doing it to keep in shape for the entire time we've lived here but I stopped for about three weeks after her death because I had no energy or motivation. But I started up again about three weeks ago because I was so profoundly depressed & agitated by my situation that I thought I was likely headed for a stay in the hospital. And I didn't want that. So, I decided that I needed to do something positive for myself. And beginning to walk again was it. It clears my head, centers me & gets my endorphins firing.

It's no miracle cure for what ails me but I'm certainly doing better than I was when I wasn't walking.

Walking around my neighborhood & on the mountain trails surrounding it here in Sedona is a big part of what's kept me sane since my wife passed seven weeks ago. I've been doing it to keep in shape for the entire time we've lived here but I stopped for about three weeks after her death because I had no energy or motivation. But I started up again about three weeks ago because I was so profoundly depressed & agitated by my situation that I thought I was likely headed for a stay in the hospital. And I didn't want that. So, I decided that I needed to do something positive for myself. And beginning to walk again was it. It clears my head, centers me & gets my endorphins firing.

It's no miracle cure for what ails me but I'm certainly doing better than I was when I wasn't walking.

Glad to hear you back on track

I walk to my car.
Once I decided to walk to the grocery store once and it started raining. Never again

Walking is for the poors.
<DisgustingHHH>
I have my palanquin bearers take me everywhere.
default.jpg

Jk. A walk through the woods on a nice day always lifts my spirits.

I love walking, like you said it's a great way to explore new places or even where you live. Great way to unwind and wakes you up after a big meal.

On a side note, do some people just have naturally faulty joints or something? I have ran since I was a kid on all kinds of surfaces, regularly cover between 30 to 50 miles a week, and have never had knee problems (my father is in his seventies and still runs without problem), yet you constantly hear / see people telling everyone that running will ruin their knees.
Similar boat. My miles are bout 25 to 35 a week. My arches can get a bit beat up, especially if I go too high on mileage for me, but never had a knee issue. I’ve been running since 15 years old as well.
/////——

https://www.nm.org/healthbeat/healthy-tips/fitness/is-running-bad-for-your-knees

Knee and joint pain may be common complaints among runners, but chances are slim that arthritis is the culprit. In fact, multiple studies have shown that regular running strengthens the joints and actually protects against development of osteoarthritis later in life.

It’s very common for people to say, ‘How do you run? Doesn’t that ruin your knees?’” says Steven Mayer, MD, a physician in physical medicine and rehabilitation at Northwestern Medicine Orthopaedics. “There have been several recent studies that have debunked that myth. In fact, they have shown the opposite — that running tends to be protective of knee arthritis.”

Last edited:
Back