Walking Is The Best S**t On The Planet

Word.
It is actually a great exercise. Much safer and more enjoyable than many other routines.

May burn less calories per hour, per se, but walking is preferred to jogging, if "for health reasons".

It's also a great mental stress relief mechanism. Repetitive, "unforced", "fluid" motions calm our nervous system very efficiently.

What do you know, mushroom! Go invade Mars or something.

I have a English cocker spaniel with the slowest metabolism out, at one point it was above the breed range for weight, so I give her an hour a day (often off leash). Keeps me lean and the pup reasonable sized.

I do a 5 mile walk every morning then hit the gym. Then I do a 2-3 mile walk at night. My weight is perfect, BP, heart rate, blood work, all improved since I started over a year ago. The key is unlike jogging, I WANT to do it so I do.

Word.
It is actually a great exercise. Much safer and more enjoyable than many other routines.

May burn less calories per hour, per se, but walking is preferred to jogging, if "for health reasons".

It's also a great mental stress relief mechanism. Repetitive, "unforced", "fluid" motions calm our nervous system very efficiently.

Yeah I've been cutting back on running and trying to get out walking in the hills instead.

I’m dead serious.

About a month ago, I started walking after work. I work from home. At first, I was like, hey let me get out of the house and get some fresh air.

And then a few weeks go by, and I’m starting to look forward to my daily walk. And I start thinking, I got to go farther each time, see different parts of the city. See more birds, more buildings, more taco shops.

And now, every time I go for a walk, I feel refreshed and alive. I decompress from work, talk out ideas or problems, and get excecise.

And here’s the thing, walking is immensely beneficial for health and well being, and if you do it daily, your good to go. And it’s absolutely free.

i walked everywhere when i lived and worked in san francisco. yup, walking is a lot of fun. i like that i can be outside, seeing the world work, while i listen to a podcast, talk with someone over the phone, or listen to music etc. and a nice little hit of sativa before the walk never hurts lol.

angry-man-wheelchair-white-background-angry-man-wheelchair-white-background-151248337.jpg

You forgot to add

"So just fuck me right?"

Yeah I can't stand walking either. Much prefer almost any other type of exercise. Maybe there's some correlation with being stressed there.

I do a 5 mile walk every morning then hit the gym. Then I do a 2-3 mile walk at night. My weight is perfect, BP, heart rate, blood work, all improved since I started over a year ago. The key is unlike jogging, I WANT to do it so I do.

Absolutely

Walking or even standing for long periods aggravates my sciatica. Shit sucks.

Weightlifting and Muay Thai do not cause aggravation.

well it still needs to be said, as an average american only walks about 1.5-2miles in a 24 hr period. That's pathetic. No wonder this country is so fucking fat.

Doesnt help the country is set up for driving, trying to walk around a lot of towns your taking your life in your hands with traffic.

I love walking, like you said it's a great way to explore new places or even where you live. Great way to unwind and wakes you up after a big meal.

On a side note, do some people just have naturally faulty joints or something? I have ran since I was a kid on all kinds of surfaces, regularly cover between 30 to 50 miles a week, and have never had knee problems (my father is in his seventies and still runs without problem), yet you constantly hear / see people telling everyone that running will ruin their knees.

So, like jerking off then?
No.
Jerking off causes a rollercoaster of dopamine ups and downs in your brain. It actually wears the nervous system down by putting unnecessary extra stress on it. That is why after a wank sesh you are lethargic and, simply put, lazy and don't want to do anything. Unless you're on cocaine.

Walking, not wanking, calms the nervous system down.

Back