Walker deserves a title shot more than Santos

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
cbjqgmja6fzg1eeujtzg.gif

Give that man a title shot if he beats Misha Cirkunov!

You can want to see it more but that doesn't mean he deserves it more

Doesn't even have a ranked win

Santos just KTFO'ed the #4 ranked guy
Johnny Walker hasn't even beaten a top-20 fighter yet

Not yet. If he wins next weekend maybe vs Gus or Jimi... Jones has to have someone to fight at the end of the year card...

Threads like this should result in IP bans and chemical castration so the stupidity can’t be spread.

Because Justin ledet is title-guaranteeing win

giphy.gif

walker is already the real LHW champion in my heart lol

ignore the naysayers TS, i'm with you

They all will get rushed into title fights with Jones this year and lose miserably.

Jon Jones would finish both of these guys in the same night

i'll copy/paste -->

Jones is an awesome position. Almost always has range, and given that you need to 'take' the belt, -- he can wait for the challenger to come forward into a mistake. You're not going to beat a guy that you don't punch or kick-- and to strike with him you have to enter his striking range before you enter your own. So he can wait and punish.

Jonny Walker may have kick range on Jones. He's 6'6" vs Jones 6'4".. could be wrong. His arm reach is 82" vs Jones 84.5". Most telling is that Walker hasn't faced any sort of competition that Jones has regularly destroyed. Walker's method would be ruthless, unrelenting calf-kicks where Jones is the skinniest; although if Jones shoots I don't see him winning the ground war. Immobilize Jones or you don't beat him.

Who thinks Jonny Walker beats DC?

why kill two good prospects?
Have one fight a top 5 while the other fights for the belt next.
Let Santos get Jones next and have Walker face Alexander Gatekeeper Gustaffsson if he gets past his next fight.

Don't worry, Bones will get around to beating both of them.

why kill two good prospects?
Have one fight a top 5 while the other fights for the belt next.
You would only be killing one, while the other would be catapulted to a title shot.

You only risk killing both by doing what you suggest and putting each against someone else.

And why put them against each other? Because it’s guaranteed fireworks and we’re the fans who get to see it.

i'll copy/paste -->

Jones is an awesome position. Almost always has range, and given that you need to 'take' the belt, -- he can wait for the challenger to come forward into a mistake. You're not going to beat a guy that you don't punch or kick-- and to strike with him you have to enter his striking range before you enter your own. So he can wait and punish.

Jonny Walker may have kick range on Jones. He's 6'6" vs Jones 6'4".. could be wrong. His arm reach is 82" vs Jones 84.5". Most telling is that Walker hasn't faced any sort of competition that Jones has regularly destroyed. Walker's method would be ruthless, unrelenting calf-kicks where Jones is the skinniest; although if Jones shoots I don't see him winning the ground war. Immobilize Jones or you don't beat him.

Who thinks Jonny Walker beats DC?

Walker getting knocked out in regional fights is a red flag , need to see him against dangerous well rounded guys like Glover or Alex for me to beleive the hype.

Back