Wal-Mart to stop selling AR-15's and all semi-autos

I guess things are different here.

When I was growing up and we were living in a small town we went to the hardware store to buy our school clothes. The same store sold most everything and that included can goods and guns.

Yeah, it's cultural.
Wal Mart actually came to South Africa about five years ago. They're just failing here.
But, I'm not a stranger to large retailers that sell pretty much everything under one roof - bedding, toys, school stationary, cell phones, kitchen appliances, groceries and outdoor furniture - but the "pretty much" part does not include guns.

I think we kill people at a higher rate than you guys do, so whatever the free availability of guns says about America, it hasn't rung in the apocalypse yet.

Y'all are correct, I have seen 6920s at some Walmarts in the metro Atlanta area. They were marked up though compared to buying online (G&R Tactical has it for $850 right now and the Magpul model is only $50 more). Sounds like Colt is getting desperate.

For a while 6920's were going for $1050 online. Occasionally cheaper but most were always sold out. Walmart had them all the time for under 1k. And g&r tactical has taken too much of my money in the past. Haven't acquired any new firearms in a while but for a good stretch of time they were one of my main online shopping places.

I guess things are different here.

When I was growing up and we were living in a small town we went to the hardware store to buy our school clothes. The same store sold most everything and that included can goods and guns.

Walmart is made to be a one stop shop. Clothes, electronics, automotive, home goods, etc. For a while they were the largest gun retailer in the United States. I'm not sure if that's still the case. Anyone that's thinking it's basically a grocery that has a firearms section is mistaken.

Walmart is made to be a one stop shop. Clothes, electronics, automotive, home goods, etc. For a while they were the largest gun retailer in the United States. I'm not sure if that's still the case. Anyone that's thinking it's basically a grocery that has a firearms section is mistaken.

I think most people know what Walmart is.

Thread title says that WM will not be selling semi-autos anymore. Does that mean that they will only be selling pump and break-action shotguns, along with only single-shot and bolt-action hunting rifles?

That doesn't seem plausible....

Now where Adam Lanza mom going to buy ammo for her AR-15? Have a heart Walmart!

There is really no need to sell AR-15 or semi autos at Walmart.

I think most people know what Walmart is.

I get that. It just seems odd that you keep referencing it as just a supermarket that sells guns. When you know that's not the case.

Now where Adam Lanza mom going to buy ammo for her AR-15? Have a heart Walmart!

There is really no need to sell AR-15 or semi autos at Walmart.

Its not about need. Buying a firearm from Walmart is no different than buying one from any other ffl whether it be online or at the local gun store. For a while they were the largest seller of firearms in the US. There was obviously a market for it.

x944u7w.gif

Right-click>Save As...>britcuck.gif

Thanks for that!

I get that. It just seems odd that you keep referencing it as just a supermarket that sells guns. When you know that's not the case.

That's what I call a supermarket. What term should I be using?

For reference, a grocery store is not the same thing as a supermarket around here. I don't know if that's where the miscommunication is coming from.

That's what I call a supermarket. What term should I be using?

For reference, a grocery store is not the same thing as a supermarket around here. I don't know if that's where the miscommunication is coming from.

Didn't think of that. My apologies. Where I grew up supermarket and grocery store were interchangeable. If you went to the "market" you went to where local produce and baked goods were sold. I've never heard anyone actually say supermarket when talking about Walmart.

Going to echo the sentiment that being able to buy guns at the supermarket feels fucked up.
The explanation above ^ that it is "not really a supermarket" didn't help.
That's a supermarket. It's weird to me that you can buy guns there.

As it would be weird for Americans to see the walls surrounding suburban homes in your country.

Given the choice between the open sale of firearms or having to depend on dark age defensive techniques to protect against roving bands of rapists, I'd choose the former.

Didn't think of that. My apologies. Where I grew up supermarket and grocery store were interchangeable. If you went to the "market" you went to where local produce and baked goods were sold. I've never heard anyone actually say supermarket when talking about Walmart.

Yeah. we generally only say that we're "going to the shops", and that can mean anything really from the grocery store to a shopping centre.
I hardly ever use the word supermarket, but if I do, it's to describe one of those big megastore sorts of places.

As it would be weird for Americans to see the walls surrounding suburban homes in your country.

Kinda the only point I was making, bright spark.
Weird because it's different.

No need to get so defensive.

Given the choice between the open sale of firearms or having to depend on dark age defensive techniques to protect against roving bands of rapists, I'd choose the former.

Well, luckily, neither of those choices is currently on my plate.
Why would you ever have to make that choice?
You have my sympathy.

No need to get so defensive.

Who's defensive? I find it funny when foreigners act so appalled at American culture.

The only time I might be defensive is when some twerp from Perth wants to tell us what we should do as a country.

I can't think of a demographic our politicians should listen to less than aussie shitposters.

You have my sympathy.

Land of the Free and home of the Brave, or rape capital of the world?

Thanks bub for that sympathy, but I'll stick to our gun-selling supermarkets.

g09760121.jpg

You can also buy this at some Wal-Marts, it's basically black powder (gun powder)

Who's defensive? I find it funny when foreigners act so appalled at American culture.

Well, the fact that you assume I'm appalled is an indication that you're defensive. I'm not appalled. Just think it's messed-up.
I don't live there, and I've never had an equivalent to freely available guns, at that level, in my life. Even some Americans, for whom that sort of thing is the norm, seem to think it's messed up.
Why would I, as a non-American, not think it's messed-up?

Just like, yes, if you came here and wandered through some of the suburban neighbourhoods, and saw that every other house has a 2 meter tall wall, you'd probably think that was messed up (that's not even mentioning if you left the suburbs and saw the reasons for the tall walls).

We could probably spend hours discussing all the different reasons we each think the other's country is a mess.

Personally, I think it'd be more insightful to end up going on an interesting tangent about odd variations in the meanings of words we both use in our own countries.

Land of the Free and home of the Brave, or rape capital of the world?

That's just a low blow.

Pretty much everyone I know has block walls around their property. I would say 95+ % of neighborhoods here do as well. The exception is custom homes on an acre+.

Back