Wal-Mart to stop selling AR-15's and all semi-autos

Probably people who shouldnt be buying any type of gun. If you go to Walmart for your high end rifle needs, i assume you shouldnt be using said rifle cause your probably a damn idiot.

Some of the best and most reliable rifles are not that expensive.

High end things aren't sold at walmart. However you can get a Remington R700 with a $3-500 Nikon or leupy scope. Plenty good enough to do any hunting. So if someone is in the market for said rifle and it is a good price I don't see the problem.

I just dont know if id want a cheaply made AR. To me if you are going to buying a semi auto weapon with the intention of actually using it you might want to shell out a few extra bucks and get one not from the Walmart.

I just dont know if id want a cheaply made AR. To me if you are going to buying a semi auto weapon with the intention of actually using it you might want to shell out a few extra bucks and get one not from the Walmart.

For a long time Walmart has been selling colt 6920's. Due to it being Walmart the price was cheaper than you could fine the same rifle online.

This. Nobody needs that kind of weaponry thats why there are so many shootings. Here if you want a gun its either a shotgun or hunting rifle but its no easy process..

There is so much ignorance in your post I have a hard time believing you are not trolling.

Y'all are correct, I have seen 6920s at some Walmarts in the metro Atlanta area. They were marked up though compared to buying online (G&R Tactical has it for $850 right now and the Magpul model is only $50 more). Sounds like Colt is getting desperate.

I wouldn't buy a gun from that dump of a store in the first place.

For sure. I have seen some good Colts like people have said but any other AR they sell I wouldn't even think about buying. I thought you were talking about all the guns they sell, not just the semi autos.

The best part is when all the stuff is going down the belt towards the cashier;

The roll of duct tape... pump bottle of self-warming KY personal lubricant (size: large)... assorted Halloween masks... and then - KLANG!!! - ya throw a big old Bushmaster AR-15 on there too!

It's freakin' awesome, man.

:icon_lol:

People who have never been to America must view us as one step away from Mad Max level shit. My grandfather used to buy dynamite at a local Co-OP to blast a stump out of the ground on his farm. You could but it by the stick. People of today would shit their pants if it was still legal and that wasn't even that long ago. 1970's

Great move. Now stop selling all guns.

I stood there in disbelief at Walmart on my 1st trip to the U.S.
I could see the kids section from where i was staring at rifles & crossbows.
Pure insanity.

And none of them jumped off the shelves and started firing indiscreetly towards the toddler's clothing section? You were there on a boring day....

That's a start. Maybe they should have the entire history of an individual before they sell them guns. If criminal in nature no guns for you son. :icon_chee

I can't believe you guys can buy guns at a supermarket

This is what you get when you found a nation on the idea of respect for the rights of the individual over the whims of the collective.

If you don't mind my asking, what country do you live in?

Nobody needs that kind of weaponry

Irrelevant. In a free country, it doesn't matter if I "need" something or not. My desire to own it is enough for me, and no one else has the right to tell me otherwise.

That's what living in freedom is like. It's nice being treated like an adult.

Great move. Now stop selling all guns.
Why? Firearms helped us win our revolution, and allowed for individuals to conquer an untamed continent. To this day Americans use firearms to defend home and homestead alike. Like it or not, guns are as American as Baseball, Grandma, and Apple Pie. (I'm aware that all of these things have origins in other places, but they are now part of the American socal fabric, just thought I would circumvent all the Wiki academics before they nitpicked me to death)

I stood there in disbelief at Walmart on my 1st trip to the U.S.
I could see the kids section from where i was staring at rifles & crossbows.
Pure insanity.
I stand in disbelief of all the other supposedly "civilized" nations that have such little respect for the rights of the individual.

This. Nobody needs that kind of weaponry thats why there are so many shootings. Here if you want a gun its either a shotgun or hunting rifle but its no easy process..

The "nobody needs" argument is vacuous. People don't "need" much at all. Might as well take anything and everything that people enjoy because they don't "need" it.

That's why there are "so" many shootings? The data show us that mass shootings and overall violence is going down... while, at the same time, gun ownership is increasing. Stop making things up.

LOL.

The kind of weaponry causes shootings?

I guess I should be on a weekly rampage considering the kind and amount of weapons I have.

Back