1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Wake up people!!! Joe will beat bhop!

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by weaponzero2k2, Apr 15, 2008.

1. HardasNAILZ Black Belt

Quite possibly the worst post in history, if anyone is going to get knocked out it'll be hopkins!

2. Rav7n Black Belt

Well said.
    That was a dumb uneducated post about boxing if ever there was.

Joe has reigned supreme and has never dodged nobody. look at the pure and beautiful boxing lesson he gave jeff lacy awhile ago, and his fight against kessler was just as good.

He's got a super solid chin and a great deal of skill to match.
    I take nothing away from hopkins hes a good fighter with a great deal of respect, but calling himself a legend is a little to much.
    Joe really is a legend, and has the record to prove it.

I hope joe bangs his face up and shows him what a good old white boy can hand out to the slightly racsist hopkins.

WAR calzhage

3. weaponzero2k2 Purple Belt

LOL sorry B-hop fans the truth will be revealed...Joe wins 117-111(maybe a 10 rd tko)...I am ready to bump!!!
    ttt

4. weaponzero2k2 Purple Belt

5. Khan-age! Black Belt

Where did the MMA vs Boxing (lolz)war come from?

I love/support/appreciate both, but they're apples and oranges. C'mon, guys.

I really see this as a UD for Calzaghe. Nonetheless, it'll be a war!

6. Rinksterk** Banned Banned

Where the fuck did all these Calzaghe fans come from?

7. 5acrossYOeye Silver Belt

wales:icon_chee

were you around here on the day of mayweather-hatton? the damn forum was held hostage.

Even the legend Kid McCoy led the songs. Hell was freezing over!

8. Apocalypse604 Banned Banned

uhhh....Ko'd by Calzaghe? LOL. If Calzaghe wins it'll be by UD or SD.

I think this match will actually be an exciting fight considering both styles. Calzaghe likes taking the fight to his opponents and Bernard being the ring general that he is will feed off of this and deliver right back. I see Calzaghe actually taking more punishment as I don't think he is as defensive as BHOP, though it might look as though Joe is working more, but probably effectively hitting less. Joe definitely has more of the tenacity, but against a seasoned and skilled boxer like hops, that tenacity might come at a price and he could get caught with a well timed shot from the senior citizen of the ring. On the flip side, Hops could make the same mistake he did in the 1st fight against Taylor and NOT work enough in the earlier rounds, atleast not in the judges eyes, and lose crucial rounds he probabaly could have won.....if he goes in tentative, he'll lose on points. As for getting Ko'd....I doubt either fighter will actually get ko'd this fight but if I had to pick one...it would be Joe in the later rounds....but again, I personally don't think it'll end like that.....im guessing it's gonna go to the cards. In the end of teh day, If Hopkins wins....nobody can say anything about him, ever again.....at 43, he'd have done what very few have and will defiinitely seal his status in gold. If Calzaghe wins, North Americans will find out what most everyone else has already known, Calzaghe is the real deal and with a W over Hops, im sure even Bernard wouldn't be able to question his legend status.

All in all, this should be a good fight, better then any either could have atm aside from possibly the winner fighting Kelly Pavlik which would be great!!

9. Apocalypse604 Banned Banned

haha.....Bernard Hopkins is not Jeff Lacy my man.....he may well win, but it certainly won't be a destruction and calzaghe will probably look worse for the wear when it's done.

10. Britt/Scot Red Belt

If he slaps like a bitch...then my fucking Christ that's one bitch I would never fight.

11. Britt/Scot Red Belt

The only way Cal will lose is by B hop cheating by head butting/elbowing/biting then cutting Cal then the ref saying "Oh it was a legitimate punch that did the damage which would most likely happen.

If it was to go to the judges then Cal has no chance against the judges home boy....they would never let him lose...America would end up wanting to start a nuclear war with the UK if that was to happen.

12. Diomedes Black Belt

Surprise, surprise. Britt/Scott shows up in an attempt at fanning the flames of some animosity between the US and the UK.

Can we just buy a talking stuffed doll for the forum and pull the string before every fight involving a high profile UK fighter? It'd be more convenient than reading your tired lines of text.

13. workstation White Belt

14. TallTurtle Orange Belt

bhop dude

15. weaponzero2k2 Purple Belt

LOL!!!! I don't nothing about boxing LOL!!!!! no....you don't!!!

16. weaponzero2k2 Purple Belt

LMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO eat yours words .............DUDE

17. weaponzero2k2 Purple Belt

18. weaponzero2k2 Purple Belt

you guys are sooooooooooooo funny LMBO.....you have been offically exposed as a boxing fan.....

19. Todd Gack Dutch

LOL! You're acting as if it was a total landslide victory for Calzaghe. It was a split decision dude. Don't come here acting like this was Mayorga vs. Forrest.

20. Diomedes Black Belt

I do have to say....I find it funny that one of the posters in this thread was trying to paint Hopkins as a "tough as nails brawler from the Penn" who was going to expose the European fighter.

Well, this tough as nails brawler was in theatrics over a sketchy low blow and spent half the night on the ropes or tying up.

Image and talk isn't everything, and professional boxing isn't a movie. Don't buy into the hype kids.