Wait so why is the UFC doing a card on sunday?

I am currently trying to get rid of my tickets, because I'm going to Patriots game.

Gonna be funny when the big fancy important football game is empty because everyones at the fights
Fighting>>>>>>>>>stupid fake rugby bullshit

It is LITERALLY the worst Sunday of the year to hold an event other than Superb Owl Sunday.

What is the reasoning for this? Why not Saturday? I will record the fights, but don't fuck with championship NFL football.

MMA fans don't watch other sports. When will people learn?

Lol it honestly seems like most of them don't. It's rare that running up against other major sports affects their numbers that drastically at all.

I'll be switching back and forth though. Or just record the fights and watch them after, it's nice to be able to skip all the BS.

It's going to be hilarious too see the viewership by state. And Mass where the fight is at will literally have 10k views....While Indiana's viewership will start off low and end up at 100k by the 4th quarter of a blow out loss.

And I hate the pats

I actually didn't realize until today it was on Sunday, Why in the fuck would the UFC want to compete with the NFL

They normally do cards on Saturday why stray from that when the NFL playoffs are on. Not a smart business move, I watch both sports but NFL takes priority over fight night cards

I agree. NFL definately takes priority here.

Main card starts at 10pm, so the playoff game should just about be over by then. They'll also get a lot of promos in during the Fox game earlier in the day. And if Sherdog's worship of Conor McGregor is to be believed, then it wouldn't matter if they put him up against the Super Bowl. Snarky Conor comment aside, though, I think a lot of folks will end up being surprised at how well this card does, ratings-wise....

But something tells me this is a gamble because if Dana is Dana he will take average numbers and try and throw out how big the ufc is because it took on the NFL and still did ok.

FOX is going to actually promote the fight, the gate seems to be doing fine (the ticket sales numbers reflect what they've been saying about it potentially selling out) and Sunday events in general do surprisingly well (look up the numbers they pulled vs the NCAA tournament last year). I don't know if this is going to be a success or what one would even consider successful but thus far it hasn't been a grand failure.

They can promote this fight until they are blue in the face, the UFC can't even hold the NFL's jock strap

Main card starts at 10pm, so the playoff game should just about be over by then. They'll also get a lot of promos in during the Fox game earlier in the day. And if Sherdog's worship of Conor McGregor is to be believed, then it wouldn't matter if they put him up against the Super Bowl. Snarky Conor comment aside, though, I think a lot of folks will end up being surprised at how well this card does, ratings-wise....

And the fights that really matter for the UFC start at like midnight.

And man what are you guys even talking about? The main card starts by the time the game will be over or almost over lol.

They can promote this fight until they are blue in the face, the UFC can't even hold the NFL's jock strap

Not quite sure anybody has said that in this thread. Guy asked why they're holding it on a Sunday and it was explained from their vantage point.

And man what are you guys even talking about? The main card starts by the time the game will be over or almost over lol.

Shertards can't comprehend that "same day" and "head to head" aren't the same thing....

Lol it's going to be a party in downtown Boston when the game is over and bet you'd be able to hear the cheering from inside TD.

Im a Pats fan so i wont be missing the game hopefully its over bbefore the Benson - Cerrone fight

Probably because Monday is Martin Luther King Jr. Day so they're expecting most people in the US to have the day off.

I'm not sure what time the event will start but the NFL game starts around 6:30 or 7 and will go about 3 hours. I'd expect UFC to be at 7 or 8 and go two hours. I do agree, the conflict is pretty stupid.

Shertards can't comprehend that "same day" and "head to head" aren't the same thing....

Lol sherdogers are complete tards.

Game will be over by the main card and UfC 182 main card and prelims went up against NFL playoff games and got the greatest numbers in years...

But let's keep talking about how stupid the UFC is herp derp, I dont even usually agree with the UFC but this thread is going full-retard.

Back