Wait so why is the UFC doing a card on sunday?

Outsider524

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The Day and likely time of the Afc championship game Patriots vs the Colts....In Foxboro Mass 30 mins away.

Everyone at the fight is probably there because they couldn't sell their tickets in time.

No casuals will be watching the fights.

Dana is probably not even going to the fights he's going to sneak out in a wig and go watch the football game.

So why not saturday again?

The game will be over by the time the last couple fights will be on, but the viewership is going to be less. They really should've put McGregor on FOX once before this title shot if they wanted to make him a superstar.

The game will be over by the time the last couple fights will be on, but the viewership is going to be less. They really should've put McGregor on FOX once before this title shot if they wanted to make him a superstar.

They really should have put this on Saturday night.

I don't know I don't see many people switching to it after the game....But maybe it'll just get DVr'd

But still seems like a fail seeing as they were about to announce Conor as the biggest star in everdom...And now UFC will be lucky doing 100k

I mean the UFC had to use the release of the avengers as an excuse for low ratings...This is the AFC championship game vs a little guy and an old little stocky guy.

it's a non-competitive fight in the same area that the AFC championship game is being played...expect inflated gate numbers from Dana.

I don't get it either must be scheduling conflict I don't see why not the usual Saturday. No divisional playoffs Saturday both games on Sunday? Unless FOX is doing hockey Saturday night?

I don't get it either must be scheduling conflict I don't see why not the usual Saturday. No divisional playoffs Saturday both games on Sunday? Unless FOX is doing hockey Saturday night?

Ahh It's columbus at Boston Saturday night.

But did they not think Patriots could be in the playoffs.

Isn't there a HW title fight on Saturday?

This is retarded scheduling, but I guess they thought they'd lose more combat sport viewers to boxing than a potential playoff game. It's not like they knew when and where the AFC championship would be when they set this up.

Guys...the last UFC prelims and PPV got the biggest numbers in over a year and it went up against a NFL playoff game...I don't think it's going to be a problem lol.

Fox wanted it on Sunday night - something they can market during the NFC championship game that afternoon. As opposed to Pac-12 basketball or whatever else FS1 has on Sunday nights.

Fox wanted it on Sunday night - something they can market during the NFC championship game that afternoon. As opposed to Pac-12 basketball or whatever else FS1 has on Sunday nights.

Yeah they'll be advertising the hell out of the UFC event.

Guys...the last UFC prelims and PPV got the biggest numbers in over a year and it went up against a NFL playoff game...I don't think it's going to be a problem lol.
MMA fans don't watch other sports. When will people learn?

I actually didn't realize until today it was on Sunday, Why in the fuck would the UFC want to compete with the NFL

They normally do cards on Saturday why stray from that when the NFL playoffs are on. Not a smart business move, I watch both sports but NFL takes priority over fight night cards

FOX is going to actually promote the fight, the gate seems to be doing fine (the ticket sales numbers reflect what they've been saying about it potentially selling out) and Sunday events in general do surprisingly well (look up the numbers they pulled vs the NCAA tournament last year). I don't know if this is going to be a success or what one would even consider successful but thus far it hasn't been a grand failure.

Back