Wait, do Ronda lovers believe she is beating legit fighters?

I think that's down to opinion seeing as Cyborg hasn't fought anyone as good as Zingano or Miesha imo.
This and as much as hate to say it look at the difference between JoJo now and earlier in her career when she was fighting weaker competition. JoJo at one point was considered to be one of the more technical strikers in MMA.

She is beating everyone they put in front of her in dominating fashion. What else can she do?

yeah thats what most fight fans dont get, its really difficult to finish a highly trained opponent..... and Ronda is making it look easy every single time(barring Miesha II).

she's just a freak

And exactly how many "casual" MMA fans do you think would be commenting on sherdog on a Sunday afternoon?...

Plenty. I work with a lot of guys who post on Sherdog and follow mma closely but have never trained a day in their life and whose opinions and analysis of mma is exactly what the UFC and the media tell them to think

I consider those ppl casuals and that's like 50% of sherdog

This will be the only time I post my respects to the female GOAT, Howdy Honda Howsey.

But still, WMMA sucks.

This and as much as hate to say it look at the difference between JoJo now and earlier in her career when she was fighting weaker competition. JoJo at one point was considered to be one of the more technical strikers in MMA.

Totally agree as much as it pains me to say! Seeing as I'm a brit and a JoJo fan.

Bethe was a can, the only 2 people she has fought that weren't cans were still incomplete fighters and she beat them both up. I think Ronda is a legit badass. I look at her build and well I have my doubts on how clean she really is. Remember, fighters with any brains at all beat tests all the time while still doing some sort of PED. I just seen some pics from last nights fight and she looks like Cyborg out there. But either way she is a legit MMA star. It is not her fault there is little in the way of competition in her weight class.
How dare you.

Totally agree as much as it pains me to say! Seeing as I'm a brit and a JoJo fan.

personally as a fan I dont think Jojo has progressed since she was fighting in Invicta, I actually had this conversation with another poster and we kinda agreed that we thought Invicta Jojo would beat the current Jojo in the UFC

hopefully thats just down to the personal problems, and now she will be able to add to her skillset and improve like we all hope she can

Plenty. I work with a lot of guys who post on Sherdog and follow mma closely but have never trained a day in their life and whose opinions and analysis of mma is exactly what the UFC and the media tell them to think

Why do you have to train to not be a casual?

I don't think you understand what the word "casual" implies when your referring to being an MMA fan. Casuals don't pay close attention the sport and sure as hell don't spend their time talking about it when there isn't a big even going on at that moment.

personally as a fan I dont think Jojo has progressed since she was fighting in Invicta, I actually had this conversation with another poster and we kinda agreed that we thought Invicta Jojo would beat the current Jojo in the UFC

hopefully thats just down to the personal problems, and now she will be able to add to her skillset and improve like we all hope she can

I'd like to see her move to a better camp, but I doubt that will happen.

I don't think you understand what the word "casual" implies when your referring to being an MMA fan. Casuals don't pay close attention the sport and sure as hell don't spend their time talking about it when there isn't a big even going on at that moment.

I disagree. Imo casual fans are ones who pay close attention to hype, buy wolf tickets, and are eager to discuss this thing they don't really understand.

You seem to be describing disinterested fans which is different from casual imo.

I'd like to see her move to a better camp, but I doubt that will happen.

if she keeps winning bonus cheques and her personal problems continue I dont think that would be a bad idea, although it couldnt be anywhere too hot or she would die of heat stroke lol..... we Scots dont experience the thing you call "the sun" very much lol

3671525-3346674585-mj-la.gif

McMann won that silver medal in 2004, 10 years before the fought Ronda. She was an elite athlete back then, not so much anymore. She was also lighting Ronda up before the worst stoppage in UFC history happened.

Don't cry, these are just facts.

I'm certain if Edmond told us that Ronda actually has the ability to time travel and dropped a prime Mike Tyson with a body shot, people would believe him.

Must be hard being being as ridiculous as you are. You start from a false premise and then cherry pick arguments to support your flawed argument. Sarah McMann was 32-33 when she fought Ronda, still right around prime age for most combat athletes. No one is saying Ronda can beat any top male athletes they are saying she's far superior then her competition who are accomplished in their own right. So how much did you lose last night buddy?

I disagree. Imo casual fans are ones who pay close attention to hype, buy wolf tickets, and are eager to discuss this thing they don't really understand.

You seem to be describing disinterested fans which is different from casual imo.
Casual fans are the ones that will order the event while having friends over or go to a bar to watch it with their friends and then they are likely no longer even thinking about it the next day. They aren't disinterested at all they just only like enough to care about it while it's going on.

if she keeps winning bonus cheques and her personal problems continue I dont think that would be a bad idea, although it couldnt be anywhere too hot or she would die of heat stroke lol..... we Scots dont experience the thing you call "the sun" very much lol

Would love to see her at that new camp John Kavanagh is starting up with Khabib. I bet that will be somewhere cold in Europe!

Tell me about the sun lol my mum is Northern Irish and I have her skin.

Considering the fact that these women actually train, are actually getting in the cage to fight, and make a living doing so, I'd say they're legit fighters. Maybe not high level. But they are legit fighters. Don't be a POS and discredit their hard work just because they're 5 years behind everyone else. Respect the fighters.

Ronda is several years ahead of any Woman MMA fighter. She is 100% legit. Guess you need to see her train? I have & let me tell you it's the truth. She is at least 2 years maybe more ahead of any female competitor.

Casual fans are the ones that will order the event while having friends over or go to a bar to watch it with their friends and then they are likely no longer even thinking about it the next day. They aren't disinterested at all they just only like enough to care about it while it's going on.

Fair enough. Perhaps I should have said "unknowledgeable" or "gullible" or "clueless" fans instead of casual fans.

Alexis Davis has a black belt in JJ and BJJ.

McMann is a silver medalist in wrestling.

Zingano has a black belt in BJJ.

I don't know what makes a fighter legit, but she fought people with credentials as good as anyone.

Back