Wait, do Ronda lovers believe she is beating legit fighters?

How is Cyborg her biggest competition? Bethe had more legit wins than she has.

I dont care about the beating men hype you guys like to bring up because its useless BS, like listening to Dana, but to use that as an argument for fighting against a roided out can crusher is amusing as fuq.

Again: There is NO F'N weight class above 135 for women in the UFC. Thats why Cyborg left the UFC and why she's spent the last 3 years running her mouth about Rousey for a bigger payday. She knows that without you trolls talking about how great she is she wouldnt even be making 90k a fight. Zuffa isnt going to let anyone fight above 135, just like they arent going to try to make some superfight with someone over 265 in the mens divisions. Its a stupid fn argument thats been going on for over 3 years.

"...biggest fight in the history of women's fighting" only in the minds of people who just dislike Rousey.
This

Rousey would destroy Cyborg. Cyborg would have a puncher's chance whereas I don't think Rousey has faced anybody that could land a fight-changing single punch so that is really the only risk. But the odds of Cyborg landing it are so remote.

But fighting Ronda is like hitting the lottery. And people think she is going to gift an opponent she hates the fight even if she doesn't make weight? If Cyborg can fight in 135 pound division then she should do it. If she can't, she should stop talking about it. Champions don't waive weight requirements for challengers. And while Ronda is making bank still it would be even more retarded.

She probably envisions Cyborg as her last fight because so long as she is raking in the cash she is not going to waive the weight requirement for a steroid cheat that refuses to lose 5 more pounds for the biggest payday of her career. Cyborg will make weight if she thinks Ronda might retire,I guarantee it. But like most cheaters, she is hoping for a shortcut.I'm going to laugh though when she gets arm-barred in 90 seconds or less. Cyborg hasn't beaten anybody. Her biggest win is Carano in 2009.

Last edited:
Huge gap in skill =/= high level skill.
Cat is a talented fighter is the point I'm making. She ragdolls her opponents regularly and has a legit MT clinch game. Ronda made a good fighter like Cat look bad even though she is actually quite skilled. Meisha is also a skilled fighter who doesn't look nearly as good against Ronda. Ronda is just that good and her competition isn't as bad a you think they are.

Because Cyborg is by far her biggest competition? Cyborg may not be beating anyone good but noone is saying Cyborg is a 'mythical creature' and is the #1 p4p fighter in the world.

Ronda is so good, so dominant, so skillful, the Mike Tyson of our era but she wont go up 5lbs for the biggest fight in the history of women's fighting?

What makes Cyborg such big competition, but all the other opponents are somehow bums? I'm just wondering by what objective criteria you've determined that Cyborgs accomplishments over her respective opponents have put her such head and shoulder above everyone else?

So fighters should refuse to fight anyone who has ever failed a test?
When did she refuse to fight her? Last time I checked she said she is ready and waiting for Cyborg to make 135. That's not refusing to fight.

She was willing to fight Gina at any weight. She was willing to fight Laila Ali at any weight. When it comes to Cyborg she hides behind weight classes. Why?

Ofcourse it would be the biggest women's fight ever.

She talked about boxing against Ali once she (Rousey) had retired. She talked about fighting Carano at 140 because it was an honor (and DW shut that catchweight talk down quick.)

BJ Penn also talked about fighting to the death, should we hold his PR hype to the same standard? Correia talked about boxing Rousey and how Ronda would be on drugs before the rematch. Tate said she'd kill herself before her 2nd fight with Rousey if she got armbarred again. Why isnt she dead and why arent fight fans like you calling for her to live up to her words?

You must be typing standing up right now with how much butthurt you have going over some PR hype and a silly fight with an irrelevant PED using can crusher.

No, but they should expect that fighter to make weight for the division they want to fight in for the belt. Her cheating is just one of the many reasons it would be absurd for the champ to come to her. Cyborg already has the easiest path to a title ever. She doesn't have to beat a single person in the organization despite crushing cans her whole career. All she has to do is make weight and the title shot is hers and she won't lose another 5 pounds to make more than she probably has in her entire career combined. That people are making excuses for her is weird enough, blaming the champ crosses over into insane.

They probably do believe that but they're stupid and wrong.

No, but I believe they're justified in refusing to go up in weight to fight someone who does not hold a belt in the best MMA organisation in the world today, who is in a weaker division than WBW (which is saying something) and the opponents who Cyborg has beat who have fought WBW fighters have never been able to beat a top 5 WBW fighter. Then there's also the fact that Cyborg is a cheat.

Ronda is incredibly popular with the casual crowd. Good luck explaining anything to the casuals in language they can understand

It would have been brilliant if it worked too. Rousey tends to come out of the gate charging and the longer the fight goes, the more she is able to impose her will. I actually get why Cat tried what she did, it would have shocked the world. But yeah, because that was such a hit or miss gamble she lost quickly and it is amazing to me people are not factoring that in.

Cat and Meisha both have a solid argument imo for being second best as far as skill. And the heart both of them have is amazing. I don't even like Meisha and I can respect that. I agree that if Cat gets another crack she could make it very respectable and if she does some damage early striking it could turn into a tough fight. I think on the ground, despite Cat's own offensive skills, Ronda still has her in a lot of trouble. But either way, Cat deserves respect.

yeah Miesha deserves it as well, those three stand out in the division.... its just a shame for Cat and Miesha that Ronda is head and shoulders above them so it makes them seem not as good

Ronda is incredibly popular with the casual crowd. Good luck explaining anything to the casuals in language they can understand
And exactly how many "casual" MMA fans do you think would be commenting on sherdog on a Sunday afternoon?...

You're quite simply an idiot.

Answer the question in my original post please. How can someone be considered great without fighting anyone great?

Tyson, Anderson, GSP, Jon Jones all have something in common that Ronda doesn't, yet she is constantly compared to them.

The question in your original post is retarded, because it assumes your notion of greatness is the only valid one.

First off all, it

What makes Cyborg such big competition, but all the other opponents are somehow bums? I'm just wondering by what objective criteria you've determined that Cyborgs accomplishments over her respective opponents have put her such head and shoulder above everyone else?

Why do people find it so hard to watch a fight and judge a fighters skills rather than just look at records on wikipedia? Crybog is BY FAR better than anyone Ronda has ever fought.

yeah Miesha deserves it as well, those three stand out in the division.... its just a shame for Cat and Miesha that Ronda is head and shoulders above them so it makes them seem not as good

Yeah. I agree and I feel kind of bad for them. It would suck to work your ass off to become the two that would be fighting for the belt if there didn't happen to be an off-the-charts WMMA superstar. And now some people talk about them like they are bums but they have legit skill.It would be scary what they could do to an average woman on the street.

Why do people find it so hard to watch a fight and judge a fighters skills rather than just look at records on wikipedia? Crybog is BY FAR better than anyone Ronda has ever fought.

I think that's down to opinion seeing as Cyborg hasn't fought anyone as good as Zingano or Miesha imo.

She is beating everyone they put in front of her in dominating fashion. What else can she do?

lmao, pls go. Way to run around a question that you have no answer to.

I can't stress enough that I don't hate Ronda. Her fights undoubtedly bring excitement and she is good looking. I'm not 'butthurt' in any way. Just sick of absolute morons like this guy.

I just gave you an answer. Greatness is relative. She is great in what she is supposed to be great, wich is WMMA. Or do you think a sprint runner is slow just because he would never be able to outrun a cheetah? Everything is relative, you dumbass.

People consider Ronda great mainly because of how she beats her opponents. What can

Back