Wait, do Ronda lovers believe she is beating legit fighters?

This is what people can't understand. She is a shark in a division full of gold fish. She has an impressive record, but if you look at the fighting skills of each of her wins, they are terrible.

Comparing her accomplishments to someone like GSP's is ridiculous. He was beating other world class athletes/fighters. She is not.

She has beaten an Olympic silver medalist and former champions in other high level organizations. The best of the best in her division. The definition of world class. You are just butt hurt, probably lost some money, and are arguing a poorly reasoned argument.

I honestly can't tell. By Ronda lovers I mean the people who believe she is the best fighter in the world, would beat men, isn't ducking Cyborg, on the p4p list etc.

I don't understand how people can watch her fights and think she is a good fighter. Her striking is absolutely horrendous and she is still KOing these women in seconds. That's how bad her competition is. How can someone possibly be considered great when they have not fought anyone great? Not even anyone good. This is a legit question, someone answer it.

The fact that she is being compared to Tyson, GSP, Jones, Anderson is nothing but an insult to them. I don't get it.

I DO NOT HATE RONDA. IT'S NOT HER FAULT.

It is nothing more than brilliant marketing by the UFC. The UFC have mastered marketing certain fighters to the general public.

I don't get it either I too do not hate Ronda it isn't her fault she can only beat who the UFC puts in front of her so in that regard she's doing great, not her fault these girls are terrible, I also think the P4p hype is not fair to GSP, Jones, TJ, DC, I mean these guys have beaten great fighters ex champions, I mean Weidman best the GOAT and she's ahead of him? Werdum beat Fedor and she's ahead of him? I get having to hype her up, but keep it realistic, Meisha, cat, Davis, Mcmann are tough but really the caliber of Silva, BJ, Hughes, Fedor, Arlovski, Machida, Shogun... Just not fair to those guys legacy, I give Ronda this though having all the pressure on her to keep undefeated keep the hype up and take on all the hate and admiration is a lot and she handles it well, but until she takes on Cyborg, a tough judo girl, gives Cat a rematch and knocks out holm, there are questions.

I think that gif. shows more of the desperation of Rousey's opponents because they can't do anything against her, not the skill level of Davis. Alexis Davis has beaten some solid top 15 opponents and is a black belt in BJJ. That seems legit enough to me.

a ebay black belt lmao means what ?

I honestly can't tell. By Ronda lovers I mean the people who believe she is the best fighter in the world, would beat men, isn't ducking Cyborg, on the p4p list etc.

I don't understand how people can watch her fights and think she is a good fighter. Her striking is absolutely horrendous and she is still KOing these women in seconds. That's how bad her competition is. How can someone possibly be considered great when they have not fought anyone great? Not even anyone good. This is a legit question, someone answer it.

The fact that she is being compared to Tyson, GSP, Jones, Anderson is nothing but an insult to them. I don't get it.

It is nothing more than brilliant marketing by the UFC. The UFC have mastered marketing certain fighters to the general public.
1) She can't duck someone not even in her weight class. To not put that on the challenger is mind-boggling

2) P4P simply is someone's overall skill set if all things were equal. Opponents don't even factor in so I don't know why that is relevant to this discussion.

3) She is considered great because she has an amazing skill-set that has been confirmed by many male professional fighters. Her Judo is top notch. Yes there is a big gap between her and the rest of the WMMA, which is why she has won her last four fights in under a minute average. If inferior competition (who are still legit fighters other than Bethe) were taking her to 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds then it would be different.

Being a great fighter is based on your own skill. By your argument, Muhammad Ali wouldn't have been a great boxer if the HW division was really weak when he was it.

Last edited:
a ebay black belt lmao means what ?

Means she's probably the best BJJ black belt in the UFC WBW divison. It's either her or Amanda Nunes and if I remember correctly she was beating Nunes in the grappling before she TKO'd her.

Wait, do Ronda lovers believe she is beating legit fighters?

Your ranting post is all over the map.

She's faced the best opponents in the world in her division and annihilated them all.
You can't ask for any more than that.

super legit.

stop looking at records and look at fighting skill.

EnergeticPastFireant.gif

Cat%2BZingano%2BFinishes%2BAmanda%2BNunes%2BUFC%2B178.gif

iehny4yIi5IRi.gif

She has beaten an Olympic silver medalist and former champions in other high level organizations. The best of the best in her division. The definition of world class. You are just butt hurt, probably lost some money, and are arguing a poorly reasoned argument.

3671525-3346674585-mj-la.gif

McMann won that silver medal in 2004, 10 years before the fought Ronda. She was an elite athlete back then, not so much anymore. She was also lighting Ronda up before the worst stoppage in UFC history happened.

Don't cry, these are just facts.

I'm certain if Edmond told us that Ronda actually has the ability to time travel and dropped a prime Mike Tyson with a body shot, people would believe him.

I was ok with most of the OP except the "ducking Cyborg" part. How can you talk about Rousey's competition not being great and then say she's ducking Cyborg like Santos is beating ANYONE of quality? How can you dismiss Bethe's undefeated record (and unwarranted title shot) and then say Cyborg is entitled to some of that?

bar maids secretary waitresses strippers are fighter to, stop discriminating.

Damn! Sherdog is all kinds of butt hurt this morning. LOL

I believe that the UFC womens division is very shallow. It is like taking 90% of the men in a division out randomly then making a division. John Jones or any of the champs would likely look awfully great if they were fighting guys who were in the local circuits. That being said, Ronda is great and she is destroying the best that there is. There are not many women who want to be fighters. Few grow up wrestling, boxing, or doing MMA. That may change but the mens divisions are much, much deeper and always will be simply due to biology. Combat is a niche sport for females and I can't imagine that ever changing, just the niche will be bigger.

I was ok with most of the OP except the "ducking Cyborg" part. How can you talk about Rousey's competition not being great and then say she's ducking Cyborg like Santos is beating ANYONE of quality? How can you dismiss Bethe's undefeated record (and unwarranted title shot) and then say Cyborg is entitled to some of that?

Because Cyborg is by far her biggest competition? Cyborg may not be beating anyone good but noone is saying Cyborg is a 'mythical creature' and is the #1 p4p fighter in the world.

Ronda is so good, so dominant, so skillful, the Mike Tyson of our era but she wont go up 5lbs for the biggest fight in the history of women's fighting?

Loved that Judo throw into mount.

Cat and Meisha have a ton of heart and are both very skilled. Cat simply took a bad gamble early. She still would have lost but not like that

yeah its messed up that a brainfart against the best fighter in her division and now everyone has written her off as some can, I honestly believe she is by far the 2nd best in the division. Also think if she gets another shot it will be Ronda's toughest fight yet

McMann won that silver medal in 2004, 10 years before the fought Ronda. She was an elite athlete back then, not so much anymore. She was also lighting Ronda up before the worst stoppage in UFC history happened.

It was pretty equal on the feet imo. The significant strikes were almost equal and Ronda had more strikes landed.

I guess it's your opinion but I really don't think it was the worst stoppage in UFC history. There are plenty more (such as Anthony Johnson being TKO'd by eye pokes just to name one off the top of my head) but I guess it wasn't a great stoppage. I really didn't see McMann doing anything but being dropped again and eating more punches anyway.

quality posts.

Bethe has 0 top 20 wins

just saying

Back