Wait, do Ronda lovers believe she is beating legit fighters?

It's their skill set. It has nothing to do with Rousey. They don't even have the basic fundamentals of the sport. They are slow, laboured, lack ring iq... They just aren't good. The thing is, there is nobody else. Women don't fight. It will never be a popular sport and it will subsequently never have huge talent pools. The sane can be said for any combat sport.

I'd argue they do have the "basic fundamentals of the sport". I don't even understand that criticism. Most of it seems just like vaguely subjective criteria. People have compared Rousey and the division to Royce Gracie in the early days. While not a completely accurate analogy, I understand the concept of it. But I'd say that era is a perfect example of lacking the "basic fundamentals of the sport" and I don't think the level of WMMA is anywhere near that low.

There is no champion in MMA who fights worse competition than Ronda. Such a joke to put her on any sort of p4p list.

There is no champion in MMA who fights worse competition than Ronda. Such a joke to put her on any sort of p4p list.

Ever check who Justino defends her(?) "Championship" against? If you had/have, you wouldn't post duch shertarded idiocy.

I love how people act as if there was ever a question as to who was going to win the Davis fight, the McMann fight, etc.

I'd argue they do have the "basic fundamentals of the sport". I don't even understand that criticism. Most of it seems just like vaguely subjective criteria. People have compared Rousey and the division to Royce Gracie in the early days. While not a completely accurate analogy, I understand the concept of it. But I'd say that era is a perfect example of lacking the "basic fundamentals of the sport" and I don't think the level of WMMA is anywhere near that low.

I think it's almost lower. At least the ufc 1 fighters had typically one big strength. WMMA today has all the knowledge of training methodology, what works, what doesn't and yet they can't apply the basics.

Ronda is elite at judo. She is prelim level in every other attribute of mma. Despite this, not a single fighter in WMMA can put up a competitive threat because they are below prelim level everywhere.

Jack Slack pointed out exactly this in his latest article. Even a basic jab and circling can't be executed by your typical WMMA fighter. This is basic, first year boxing movement and it's nowhere to be seen. Ronda doesn't even have it and she's 'the best'.

shes just so far a head of the competition it makes it out this way

same thing was being said when anderson was destroying people

womens MMA is really still only in its infancy, but shes by far and away the best of this era, give it 20 years before we start talking about GOAT status, but itll be hard for someone to go on a streak like this

VelvetyBelatedBellsnake.gif

legit competition.

Back