Wait, did anyone point out that Ricci is a 145 pounder?

Danzig, Sadollah, Joe Daddy, Matt Brown, G-Sot, Manny. The list goes on. Tons of guys fight above their natural weight class on TUF. I'd imagine it'd be easier to just fight a weight class above considering that these guys have to continually make weight for several weeks.

That's true, I'm sure they don't want to be constantly cutting weight so fighting one class above is going to benefit them over guys who need to cut a bunch of times in a short amount of time.

He fought really well against a suffocating opponent. He deserves to be in the UFC, but he should work on wrestling because everyone will use the the Colton method to run the table. :icon_lol:

He fought really well against a suffocating opponent. He deserves to be in the UFC, but he should work on wrestling because everyone will use the the Colton method to run the table. :icon_lol:

That's assuming that every fighter can wrestle as well as Colton which would be a bad assumption.

Losing to Pat Curran doesn't make you a featherweight.

Yes that fight was at LW. Some people don't know/remember that Pat was a LW until his last several fights. He went through the 2nd ever Bellator LW tournament (Bellator debut was KO against Ricci) and won it but lost to Eddie Alvarez. Immediately went into a featherweight tournament and obviously won it then proceeded to smash Joe Warren's face about 900 times.

And Pat Curran is not only talented but is a big featherweight so not much shame in losing to a guy like that early on in your career.

I bet both Ricci and Colton "Yes, you are a cheap fighter" Smith are going to LW after this

Back