"WAHHH DC eyepoked Stipe!"

As I remember it, DC had all eight fingers and both thumbs out multiple times, sometimes even moving his hands in a raking motion. Add in the fact Stipe ended up with damage from it, and it's hard to give DC the benefit of the doubt.

There would be a difference between "Incidental" and "Intentional".
I also wonder how many surgeries DC needed on his eyes? Stipe needed eye surgery and may need a 2nd one and it is directly attributable to his fight with DC. Cormier is Sneaky as hell. He claimed he had never heard of the towel trick that wrestlers always used but he knows everything else about all aspects of combat sports.

I personally like DC sometimes and other times he bugs me. I don't like him as an analyst but he isn't as bad as Cruz.

I’m all for it tho, if some guy nearly blinded you with eyepokes, is thcompany fav and is about to retire, fuck it, refuse the fight who cares

Highly doubt DC is the company fav, they traded eyepokes in both fights and theres no excuse whatsoever that stipe cant beat a 5ft9 40 year old dad bod again.

If I was 1-1 with the only solid opposition I ever faced I'd want to cement my status as the UFC HW goat by ktfoing my toughest rival. Now stipe doesnt want the DC Trilogy OR the #1 contender.

Who else is left? Maybe he'll run it back with Struve again if we're just gonna waste all our time on gimme fights.

ColdWelllitFox-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

But Stipe poking DC is fine, amirite guys?

I know lots of you are desperately searching for a reason to hate DC, but you can do better than that!

Dude did Stipe grab your wife's ass at an event or something?

DC is a dirtbag and sounds like you match up perfectly.

One eyepoke is an accident, one per fight is a strategy.

People looked for excuses to invalidate DC's win from day 1. They just can't deal with the fact that a short, chubby LHW can move up and destroy a naturally larger and younger man. Let me remind you of Sherdog's obsession with size. They do love big guys and big dicks, so a guy like DC is always bound to ruffles some feathers. Plus, he is Jon's biggest rival, and he is doing what Jon never was man enough to do, which is to say "Just bring them" and fight anyone. The ultimate test for a martial artist. Fight anybody. So people look for reasons to diminish DC's non juiced accomplishments.

Now, the thing with eyepokes is this: people's approach to it is retarded. They are very common, but for some reason certain fighters get away with them without people trying totake their wins away from them. They might mention it, or bitch about it, but they won't adopt the narrative that X fighter only beat Y fighter because of eyepokes. You can claim DC's win isn't legit because of the eyepokes, but two things must be kept in mind 1) You don't continue fighting if you have a serious eye injury. You just can't. Stipe looked fine. Eyepokes happen all the time. They usually don't win fights. 2) If you really wanna believe it makes that much of a difference and that's why DC won, then you have to rewrite MMA's entire history. And in this case, Jon was never the champion.

Highly doubt DC is the company fav, they traded eyepokes in both fights and theres no excuse whatsoever that stipe cant beat a 5ft9 40 year old dad bod again.

If I was 1-1 with the only solid opposition I ever faced I'd want to cement my status as the UFC HW goat by ktfoing my toughest rival. Now stipe doesnt want the DC Trilogy OR the #1 contender.

Who else is left? Maybe he'll run it back with Struve again if we're just gonna waste all our time on gimme fights.

I genuine laughed at last paragraph :)

maybe Stipe really doesn’t give two fucks, got fucked around bigtime by UFC and is happy to be petty and show em what it’s like

for reals tho I think Dana & UFC love DC - you do not?

I know lots of you are desperately searching for a reason to hate DC, but you can do better than that!

I bet you bitch and whine the same way whenever Jon gets mentioned somewhere

I genuine laughed at last paragraph :)

maybe Stipe really doesn’t give two fucks, got fucked around bigtime by UFC and is happy to be petty and show em what it’s like

for reals tho I think Dana & UFC love DC - you do not?

Dana and co have been pushing stipe as the HW goat I really dont think he's at odds with the company lol stipes no tyron woodley he seems pretty easy to work with.

Why would the UFC want a 40 year old fat fuck who's about to retire to be their "baddest man on the planet"? The younger taller middle america white dude who's cleaned out the divison is a much easier sell lmao if the UFC was in DC's corner they'd threaten to strip stipe if he keeps ducking, or would've AT LEAST refused his rematch when he sat out for a year and acted entitled after his first round KO loss.

Not everything's a big conspiracy lol idc about anything other than the fact the TWO best UFC HW's of this era are 1-1.

It needs to be settled regardless, not getting closure on who has claim to the UFC HW GOAT title would be horseshit.

*edit I also dont really give a fuck about DC I just wanna see the best fight the best

Idk man, I love DC but his cardio was looking real suspect and that's why Stipe was gaining momentum before finishing the fight in the 4th. He's got a lot of extra weight on at HW and on top of that he blew up like a balloon before that fight. On top of that the guy is 40 years old now, Stipe isn't far behind, but looking at the two you know Stipe is in better condition. I don't think DC will be able to wrestle Stipe for 5 rounds and even though I'd say DC is the better fighter, I think Stipe has good enough well-rounded skills and cardio that if he can outlast DC for 2 rounds he can win the next 3.

In the rematch, the eyepokes from DC were blatant and egregious as fuck. No justifying that, and I'm a DC fan.

Trilogy needs to happen though.
Couldn't have said it better , DC fan also but once I had seen he started employing a Jon Jones tactic with the fingers to the eyes now I want to see guys that do this shit get KTFO .

Ohh piss off dude, DC eyepoked stipe enough that he got 7 warnings. 7.
Stipe has had to have surgery because of DC.
DC did in in both fights, multiple times.
Normally i like DC, but he has been a complete scumbag for these couple of fights.

I wanted DC to win but his eye pokes were very obvious with intent contrary to Stipe. Thats why I am glad he lost. Its soo dangerous for eyes many really underestimate that still.

Also UFC is responsible also with their shit tier mma gloves that encourage that. Its like a boxing fight with gloves from 1890.

Why would the UFC want a 40 year old fat fuck who's about to retire to be their "baddest man on the planet"? The younger taller middle america white dude who's cleaned out the divison is a much easier sell

People love old and fat, because it give the fighter an underdog feel, and it's tons of fun to root for the underdog. Remember Couture back in the day? Remember Ruiz (boxing) last year? People eat that stuff up. Heck, the appeal of Fedor, beyond his decade of dominance, was that he didn't look like a killer, but just some average guy. And people used to call DC "Black Fedor" for that reason.

Stipe knows conors coming for that belt. Thats why he already has the “sore eye” excuse for when he eats that straight left and its nighty night for ole stipe.
Great post, inb4 the haters and contrarians shit all over it.

People love old and fat, because it give the fighter an underdog feel, and it's tons of fun to root for the underdog. Remember Couture back in the day? Remember Ruiz (boxing) last year? People eat that stuff up. Heck, the appeal of Fedor, beyond his decade of dominance, was that he didn't look like a killer, but just some average guy. And people used to call DC "Black Fedor" for that reason.

<mma4>

Fair point

Ts back to sperging out in typical fashion. Always sounding on the verge of tears lmao

It’s not what he did, it is how he did it.

looked just like yair aiming for the eyes.

dude, those were blatant, predatory, eye gouges, y'know, the kinda dirty shit DC used to call out JJ for doing them

DC poked Stipe numerous times, sometimes in ways that are almost impossible to explain away as accidental. And with far greater damage.

I like DC, but those eye pokes were dirty as fuck and completely intentional in that fight.

As I remember it, DC had all eight fingers and both thumbs out multiple times, sometimes even moving his hands in a raking motion. Add in the fact Stipe ended up with damage from it, and it's hard to give DC the benefit of the doubt.

This is pure fiction at its lowest and everyone of you should be banned, or double-yellowed at the very least.

Back