Social Waco on Netflix

Sure.

Should having a group mean the police dont enforce criminal law?

Does "enforce", to you, mean opening fire on my property? Especially if a friend of mine already told you that I go to the 7-Eleven every Wednesday?

If this was a Mosque I don't think it would have received this kind of treatment.

Happened around the same time as Ruby Ridge. That one is some fucked up shit.

These cases are why you should NEVER EVER EVER trust these alphabet soup boys. They ain't your friends. These thugs are above the law.

I have a lot of weapons that are "controlled" for lack of a better word. I don't go anywhere near the line - Hell I don't even have a shoulder brace. Everything I have has a $200 Tax Stamp on it, filled in a book. Every time I move I file the 5920.

Never - EVER - give these tool bags a reason to get near you. They are the worst combination of dangerous and ignorant.

Lol at the ending, where they made it look like they actually gave a shit about any of the people they killed.

FBI-Agent-poses-with-his-rifle-over-the-remains-of-the-Branch-Davidian-compound.-Waco-Texas-768x549.jpg

It was Koresh who started the fires, not the ATF APCs with flamethrowers.

True story.

I was always under the assumption that the tanks just knocked over lanterns and candles which started the fires. ATF/FBI was too dumb to realize their little Tank raid could have unintended consequences. They had cut power to the compound weeks earlier. And had trained snipers surrounding the windows and exits, which led to the Branch Davidians covering windows in a blackout situation.

The flames coming out of the holes when the tanks backed up was basic backdraft physics.

Blaming Koresh and the Branch Davidians for starting the fires was a bitch move by the FBI/ATF when shit went bad.

Happened around the same time as Ruby Ridge. That one is some fucked up shit.

These cases are why you should NEVER EVER EVER trust these alphabet soup boys. They ain't your friends. These thugs are above the law.

I have a lot of weapons that are "controlled" for lack of a better word. I don't go anywhere near the line - Hell I don't even have a shoulder brace. Everything I have has a $200 Tax Stamp on it, filled in a book. Every time I move I file the 5920.

Never - EVER - give these tool bags a reason to get near you. They are the worst combination of dangerous and ignorant.
I have a bunch of more left leaning friends on Facebook posting status updates like "OMG, I can't believe the government did this"

And I'm off to the side like "NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY I DON'T TRUST ALPHABET FEDBOIS AND POST BOOG MEMES?!"

I was always under the assumption that the tanks just knocked over lanterns and candles which started the fires. ATF/FBI was too dumb to realize their little Tank raid could have unintended consequences. They had cut power to the compound weeks earlier. And had trained snipers surrounding the windows and exits, which led to the Branch Davidians covering windows in a blackout situation.

The flames coming out of the holes when the tanks backed up was basic backdraft physics.

Blaming Koresh and the Branch Davidians for starting the fires was a bitch move by the FBI/ATF when shit went bad.
They have audio from bugs planted inside the compound of the Davidians talking about spreading fuel, and starting fires. Now, I’m not 100% sure they intended to die, it very well could have been a tactic to light limited fires to dissuade agents from coming through the breaches by the tanks. It’s doubtful that the intent was to burn the CS gas, causing the poisonous fumes that lead to the majority of deaths. There’s good evidence that the Branch Davidians causes the fires, though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/story?id=96518&page=1

Bill Hicks nailed David Koresh. Fucker's name was Vernon Wayne. LOL, what a fuckless piece of shit, and they make him out to be some charismatic guy fighting for his beliefs.

I can't wait for the Jonestown docudrama where everyone, including the small children, took the poison willingly with the most honest and ethical of intentions.

Koresh was a fucking nutjob that used his "prophet" status to fulfill his pedophillic desires to have 20 "wives" with a bunch that were minors.

So I'm torn. On the one hand fuck the alphabet soup fedbois for being trigger happy dipshits and on the other hand fuck Koresh, dude deserved to die but the other people in the building didn't.

So I am back to saying fuck the alphabet soup febois.

Where is the evidence David Koresh was a nut job? I couldn’t find anything concrete other than wiki

I have a bunch of more left leaning friends on Facebook posting status updates like "OMG, I can't believe the government did this"

And I'm off to the side like "NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY I DON'T TRUST ALPHABET FEDBOIS AND POST BOOG MEMES?!"

Its amazing how this whole fiasco is completely skipped over when it comes to schools now. This, AND Ruby Ridge (which was a whole other level of fucked up) should be mandatory teaching.

Its amazing how this whole fiasco is completely skipped over when it comes to schools now. This, AND Ruby Ridge (which was a whole other level of fucked up) should be mandatory teaching.
That's what disturbs me about this.

Most of these people are my age so we were in school together doing this "OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE THE GOVERNMENT DID THIS!"

And the serious side of me is like "wait, you didn't know about this? You didn't know the FBI fucking SHOT A CHILD IN THE FACE in Idaho and then the ATF caused a building to burn down and killed a ton of women and children just trying to serve a search warrant?"

I don't get why these two events aren't taught in school, like, at least high school.

images

It is a show about the 1993 standoff in Waco, Texas between the FBI, ATF, and cult Branch Dividians (it touches on the Randy Weaver shooting too). It is a good mini-series starring Tim Rig-- I mean, Taylor Kitsch as David Koresh.

If anyone doesn't know how the story ends, let's just say it ends sadly with the death of many men, women, and children. One thing I liked about this show was that it wasn't scared to show the government or law enforcement as morally questionable; it didn't try to make them the "good guys" in this series. In fact, in this series, they are actually portrayed in a bit of a villainous way.

It was a very sad ending, they showed
The children sprayed with a heavy volume of tear gas and perishing in the fire, which was questionable in origin but was may have been caused by the FBI.
It was upsetting to see the government and law enforcement do this to its citizens. This reminds me of the 1985 MOVE bombings in Philadelphia in which the Police Department destroyed 61 homes and killed many men, women, and children.

I know that there are innocent people in other countries that get bombed, shot, etc. every day, and I'm not saying they are any less important. But it's crazy how tyrannical law enforcement can be. Of course there are people who hate all cops and there are folks who will defend cops no matter what they do, I would like to think most Americans have a happy medium, but I may be wrong.

images

It is a show about the 1993 standoff in Waco, Texas between the FBI, ATF, and cult Branch Dividians (it touches on the Randy Weaver shooting too). It is a good mini-series starring Tim Rig-- I mean, Taylor Kitsch as David Koresh.

If anyone doesn't know how the story ends, let's just say it ends sadly with the death of many men, women, and children. One thing I liked about this show was that it wasn't scared to show the government or law enforcement as morally questionable; it didn't try to make them the "good guys" in this series. In fact, in this series, they are actually portrayed in a bit of a villainous way.

It was a very sad ending, they showed
The children sprayed with a heavy volume of tear gas and perishing in the fire, which was questionable in origin but was may have been caused by the FBI.
It was upsetting to see the government and law enforcement do this to its citizens. This reminds me of the 1985 MOVE bombings in Philadelphia in which the Police Department destroyed 61 homes and killed many men, women, and children.

I know that there are innocent people in other countries that get bombed, shot, etc. every day, and I'm not saying they are any less important. But it's crazy how tyrannical law enforcement can be. Of course there are people who hate all cops and there are folks who will defend cops no matter what they do, I would like to think most Americans have a happy medium, but I may be wrong.
There's already a thread on this one - https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/160032553.

One thing I liked about this show was that it wasn't scared to show the government or law enforcement as morally questionable; it didn't try to make them the "good guys" in this series. In fact, in this series, they are actually portrayed in a bit of a villainous way
Damn. What a coincidence, in light of everything else going on right now.

Damn. What a coincidence, in light of everything else going on right now.

I mean, if they released it anytime after cellphone cameras became household items it'd seem coincidental. There hasn't really been a moment of chill when it comes to police brutality.

Back