W/Porier Pricing Himself Out, Who Does Conor FIght Next?

Bubba32

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Masvidal?

Gaitjtchie?

Ferguson?

Khabib?

Nate Diaz?

Nick Diaz?

Chandler?

Oliviera?

Pricing himself out? Didn't Cowboy dispel the "red panty night" myth? I'd guess the UFC offered the fight to Dustin at his standard rate (or slight bump), and Dustin scoffed because he realizes how much money the fight would actually generate.

Conor might actually be able to submit him, yeah.
That makes total sense, Justin was submitted by Khabib and... well by Khabib, who also submitted DP, MJ and CM ... and the last thing Conor submitted was the file to dismiss his assault allegations... Conor also submitted David Hill in 2012, that's it.. Bet the house on the Conor by shoulder submission!!

Conor might actually be able to submit him, yeah.
Ahh, Sherdog logic in its glory. Gaijthe gets submitted by Khabib, so is now completely open to getting subbed by anyone now.

I've been saying this for years, but Khabib is one of the most high level BJJ practitioners in MMA. Watch his YouTube rolls that have been posted for years. He schools elite black belts like they are nothing. Getting submitted by Khabib does not make you a fucking white belt.

Christ, Conor received hate for years after the Diaz sub for having no ground game, and now he's going to submit Gaijthe?

Does Conor even have a win via submission in his career?

Has Gaijthe EVER been submitted before?

This place, man.

Ahh, Sherdog logic in its glory. Gaijthe gets submitted by Khabib, so is now completely open to getting subbed by anyone now.

I've been saying this for years, but Khabib is one of the most high level BJJ practitioners in MMA. Watch his YouTube rolls that have been posted for years. He schools elite black belts like they are nothing. Getting submitted by Khabib does not make you a fucking white belt.

Christ, Conor received hate for years after the Diaz sub for having no ground game, and now he's going to submit Gaijthe?

This place, man.

It's not the simple fact that Gaethje got submitted by Khabib, that's Sherdog level thinking right there. It's how he was a fish out of the water with no defense on the ground for anything that was so startling. Nobody shat on Poirier for getting submitted by Khabib, because he didn't look like a white belt on the ground. Whereas Conor has underrated BJJ and didn't make it too easy for Khabib.

That makes total sense, Justin was submitted by Khabib and... well by Khabib, who also submitted DP, MJ and CM ... and the last thing Conor submitted was the file to dismiss his assault allegations... Conor also submitted David Hill in 2012, that's it.. Bet the house on the Conor by shoulder submission!!

It's doubtful and Gaethje is definitely a better wrestler than Conor....but Gaethje appeared to have the bottom game and submission defense of a kickboxer from UFC 2 (the 1994 event, not video game) in his fight with Khabib. Conor looked better on the ground vs. Khabib than Justin did.

I've only seen Gaethje in a bad position once in a fight before Khabib. It was against some unknown guy in WSOF and Gaethje looked really bad...but survived the round and won the fight. Based on what I've seen, Gaethje has decent TDD and a good ability to scramble and get back to his feet....but looks awful if he's put in a bad position.

Tony or Chandler seems like the best options if Dustin really wants to outprice himself that much. Disappointed in that I think the money he was offered for the tony fight is fair enough for him can’t blame him for wanting at least a Mill to get KO by Conor again.

This place, man.
Conor who has no background in grappling was not subbed by khabib for 4 rounds while gathje who has high level grappling background showed he was fish out of water as soon as it hit the ground. To say Conor can’t sub him is not accurate imo.

This place, man.
Yes (2012 vs David Hall) - Conor's only submission win
No - Gaijthe was never submitted before
Yes... This Place :) :) :)

Back