VW or the Foo Fighters?

I just listening to Vampire Weekend for the first time because of this thread. I wish I could find some way to unlisten to it.

Foo Fighters wins by at least a universe.

Two totally random bands to compare. I won't pick either band over the other, both have made great music imo. Flame on.

Foo Foghters is a good rock band that consistently puts out good music. Not only that, they are one of the few real rock bands left (at least on the radio). Vampire Weekend is some teeny bopper shit.

vampire weekend > foo fighters
dave grohl > ezra koenig

Apples and oranges.

Foo's are way more popular though, but given the choice between everlong and oxford comma, i'm going with oxford comma every time.

The fuck is Vampire Weekend?Sounds like a boy band.

FF have some good songs Imo. They are a bit hit or miss for me though.

Volkswagen over foo fighters any day of the week.

Foo fighters is like some mercy fuck because everyone feels bad for Dave grohl because of nirvana so they buy his music. I don't even know what vampire weekend is.

I LOL'ed hard at the "...feels bad for Dave Grohl because of Nirvana...".

Foo Fighters have been making decent music for like 20 years, can't knock that.

I think a better comparison would have been Weezer vs. Vampire weekend.

I think the moral of this story is that you like vw more than ff and want some affirmation that you made the correct choice.

It's just music. I like both bands.

It's an subjective art form.

I didn't mean to ask people which one is the best as I know there is no better or worse in art. I just wanted to hear from people which one they enjoyed the most and why is that. I prefer a band that's not scared of trying something new instead of making a career out of playing it safe and having a formula to make music, hence my preference for VW over the Foo Fighters. All subjective.

This is how I know you are still in high school.

Nah 26 thanks bud. Foo Fighters had their last decent song when I was in "high school" though. Even my Dad realises Foo Fighters are dull as dishwater now and he's mid-50's.

I didn't mean to ask people which one is the best as I know there is no better or worse in art. I just wanted to hear from people which one they enjoyed the most and why is that. I prefer a band that's not scared of trying something new instead of making a career out of playing it safe and having a formula to make music, hence my preference for VW over the Foo Fighters. All subjective.
I get that. Although I do think it is a bit unfair to label Grohl as someone "plays it safe". The guy was in Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Them Crooked Vultures, and sort of Queens of The Stone Age.

Its pretty obvious the kind of music he enjoys and that he likes to make. Some people just want to make "good rock and roll" records and I dont see the fault in that and I don't think he should be criticized for it. He understands rhythm and melody very well and I'm sure if he wanted to make different music he could and could be very good at it.

All that being said tho, Foo Fighters have probably a dozen songs that will always be considered rock and roll classics. Vampire Weekend, even though I am a fan have not and probably never will come close to that. If they never put out another album they may well be completely forgotten in 5 years. Foo Fighters are Hall of Fame locks.

VW is an acquired taste, I'd give the edge to Foo's.

lol, the foo fighters suck. they don't seem very good to me, anyway.

Back