VW or the Foo Fighters?

Dale Denton**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
a friend of mine, a big fan of Foo Fighters, told me Foo Fighters were a legendary band, with which I respectfully disagreed, got mad at me because I said I thought Vampire Weekend was a better band than the Foo Fighters. He even posted on Facebook and his buddies, who are also fans of FF bashed on me for saying that.

Now, I've been listening to VWs latest album and some of their old songs at work, and I really believe that, not only are they a better band, their songs are way more creative than anything FF has ever came up with.

I respect Dave Grohl for his career and their other members for their individual talent and some of their old songs. However, I'm not a fan as I think their work consists of generic rock n' roll.

I didn't know anywhere else to gather this information so I'm resorting on you, Mayberry, to put an end to this discussion. Despite what my Foo Fighters fan friend think, I think this might end up like a David vs Goliath battle.

What do you think, which one is your favorite between the two: Vampire Weekend or the Foo Fighters?

Foo Fighters is generic pop-rock. It's the McDonald's of music. It's popular but not very good.

Vampire Weekend is for poofs.

Foo Fighters, who I'm not really a fan of per~say, blow this shitty band out of the water.

Foo Fighters have put out some good songs for almost 20 years. Not one of my favorite bands but I can listen to them.

Vampire Weekend sounds like some hipster crap.

Last edited:
Agree wholeheartedly. Foo Fighters has some good songs, but only out of so many full length albums though. Modern Vampires of the City not only shows progression with the band but the album itself to me is very healthy for the soul. Its one of those albums that years from now you'll always remember how it felt when you first played it through.

hard to say. Different genres, really...
Cant say I'm a fan of either bad. I tried to dig on VW's last album, but like the one before it, I felt it was 'meh'.

also, music is a relative thing until all of the parties involved agree to some analytic definition of 'good.' Since no one has done that, it's always a relative argument.

Foo fighters is like some mercy fuck because everyone feels bad for Dave grohl because of nirvana so they buy his music. I don't even know what vampire weekend is.

I prefer VWs uniqueness over FFs genericness any day. That's what matters in art to me.

I agree that evolution, creativity, and diversity are some of the greatest traits a band could have. My fav bands like faith no more and split enz continually changed and recreated their sound throughout their career.

I hardly ever listen to foo fighters because of basically what you said, they are a bit redundant. I will listen to their cds through once and thats good enough for me. With that said ive seen them live several times and they put on an amazing show. Although maybe not too different in sound, they continually make great songs. Its really difficult to make straight forward rock and make it listenable these days. They have a place and a purpose and though its not often when I do listen to foo fighters I really enjoy it.

I really really dislike vampire weekend so I cant from an objective opinion about them.

but it seems like ur comparing two unlike things.

I vote foo fighters

Foo Fighters is one of the few real rock bands left that still makes money from what I can tell...I've seen literally hundereds of bands from country to metal to rap and FF was in the top 2 or 3 live shows I've ever seen, tore it up for over three hours...guys are legit.

I didn't mention I've seen both live, and to be honest, it only helped me prove my point. FF's show was good, a big spectacle with fireworks and shit, but didn't deliver musically as I thought they would. VWs, on the other hand, had 1/100th the number of people in the arena, but they delivered so damn hard.

I didn't mention I've seen both live, and to be honest, it only helped me prove my point. FF's show was good, a big spectacle with fireworks and shit, but didn't deliver musically as I thought they would. VWs, on the other hand, had 1/100th the number of people in the arena, but they delivered so damn hard.

The irony for me is I consider vw to be generic. To me they sound like an accumulation of everything on the radio.

The couple of good songs that FF has written most definitely overshadow anything Vampire Weekday or whatever the hell they're called will ever do.

I think the moral of this story is that you like vw more than ff and want some affirmation that you made the correct choice.

It's just music. I like both bands.

It's an subjective art form.

Vampire Weekend sounds like some generic 80's rhythm pop music. At least Foo Fighters has some elements of rock in it.

Went to Youtube to listen to a few VW songs because I had no idea who they are. Recognized one of their songs that I've heard before (A-Punk), frankly I'm not a fan of their sound. Foo Fighters may be somewhat generic, but I prefer them infinitely more than VW.

Back