vvv

35cedcb32383e589514eb9861da61a0229813d53042bc133851cc4c28e9f82e0.jpg

What happens is that your neurons fire in a pattern that you feel portrays a certain type of feeling or desired behavior. After that you most likely feel some relief or elation now that the stress from your ruminating has been alleviated.

Usually when I go to battle I ask my god Crom to grant me victory or else he can go to hell

i never believed in god. as in, not for a second, not even when i was a child. i have no idea as to how could praying be useful for life. this concept is beyond me. i see it as a coping mechanism that people use and that's about it.

With sincerity

I often write prayers. It helps me focus and I find it useful to have a "record" of what I've prayed for. When I reread them, it helps me see if I'm praying selfishly or what I'm struggling with consistently. It's also cool to be able to go back and see what has changed since I originally prayed for something.
ETA I don't think there's a right or wrong way to pray.

When I took up competitive shooting in 1989, I bought this cheap book:

9781559270618.jpg

and used it as my coach since I didn't have one. (I was a philosophy major at the time)

It had religious tones to it, but I'd say on the whole it was damned useful.

As for formal prayer type stuff; not really my cup of tea.

Always thought Christian Sunday school would be better if they taught it more as a practice, (like Zen) than to sit and listen to some guy read, (the same book you can read yourself)...

Humbly.

“I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.”

- Abraham Lincoln

Oh look a bunch of atheists trying to ruin a religious thread, who would of though? I don't believe in God either but for fuck's sakes you D bags are unoriginal and annoying.

Oh look a bunch of atheists trying to ruin a religious thread, who would of though? I don't believe in God either but for fuck's sakes you D bags are unoriginal and annoying.

Dude you are CONSTANTLY attacking atheists here. Who do you think you're kidding? You love a dead Jewish carpenter, ain't nobody gonna judge you.

On the street corner, and make sure you berate people as they walk by you.

Nice idea for a thread, but I don't feel like shitting on religion just now. I recommend meditation, and if any of the actual Christians on here are interested, look into the meditative prayer traditions of monastic Catholicism. I like Thomas Merton myself.

Back