Vulkan Ultra Lite Gi Review

HuFlungPu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my review of the ultra lite gi by Vulkan I just got. Gotta give it 2 thumbs DOWN

I'm 5'8", 165 and got the A2 size which ran a little large/long. The worse thing about this Gi is the way the sleeves stretch throughout practice. Pretty soon people are grabbing onto the ends and pulling me in for sweeps and triangles. Once I wash it, it shrinks back to normal but as you continue to roll at practice you'll notice lengthening of the sleeves. The pants also run a tad long.

My other gi is a black Vulkan Pro Light A1 size. This does NOT stretch as practice progresses but runs tight around the shoulders. Sleeves on these are just about right, maybe a tad short.

Just my 2c.

Is the stretching a product of the material or of shrinking down an A2 instead of getting an A1?

i found my vulkan ultra lite to be abrasive (it would give me rug burn from the inside) and yes it was stretchy also.

Do you have any pictures of yourself in the gi? I'm the same heigh/weight as you and was wondering if I should go with an A1 or an A2.

I need a new good quality gi that is affordable, any suggestions besides the vulkan ultra lite?

I have this gi as well. I find that it is a light gi and great for the summer. I haven't experienced the sleeve problems, however the pants are very thin and wear out over time.

Do you have any pictures of yourself in the gi? I'm the same heigh/weight as you and was wondering if I should go with an A1 or an A2.

I'm also wondering the same.

I need a new good quality gi that is affordable, any suggestions besides the vulkan ultra lite?

Budovideos.com - Fuji BJJ White Single Weave Gi
Awesome gi. Very affordable.

I'd advise against the ultra light, if you end up going for the Vulkan. Go for the pro light. I've only heard/ read bad things about the ultra light.

I'm 6'1 170 and also have an A2 Vulkan Ultra Lite and it's my favorite gi I own. It is great when it is hot and it has held up to being worn 3+ times a week for about a year now and still looks great.

On the subject of fit let me just say that an A2 fits my body perfectly so it sounds like they are sized for a body that is more lanky, which is the exact opposite of my gameness.

Back