Vulkan Pro Light Gi - Worth it?

LidarDan15

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi All. I have a Koral Classic Gi which is awesome in every way, except that I am getting annoyed with how heavy it is as well as its fit sometimes. When I roll, it fits so snug that sometimes it can be constricting and restricting of my movement. With that being said, I was looking into getting a Vulkan Pro Light Gi, but I have some questions before I do so. First and foremost, are Vulkan Gi's quality gi's. By that I mean can they compete with Koral and other top brands (Obviously Vulkan is a top brand). Secondly, Are there any disadvantages to wanting to use a lightweight gi over a heavier one all the time. Disadvantages as in terms of longevity of the gi's life. I have heard that Vulkans last a long time and are built to take a beating just as the heavier gi's are. I want to try a lighter gi and everywhere I look, as well as everybody that I talk to who has had a Vulkan has said that they are completely satisfied with the way the gi looks, the way it feels, the way it performs, and the way it fits. I just want to see what you guys think about the Vulkan. I want a lightweight gi that I can have for years and that can take the years of abuse from rolling. I want to use it every training session and have it remain in awesome shape for years to come. I will do my part and wash it after every session, but like I said, I gotta know if I should spend the money. I like what I hear so far about the Vulkans but I just want to make certain that it will be money well spent and I will be satisfied. Thank you guys!!

Certainly. Vulkan Pro Lights are up there with any gi on the market, lightweight or not.

tl;dr

but yes. they are awesome gi's, very durable, super comfortable, and not THAT expensive. Talk to nickh here on the boards for a great deal

Excellent! Thank you both Soooo much!! I just needed some more opinions. I love the way the Vulkans look and I think they will still have a snug fit that will be a little bit looser than my Koral classic. I've heard they fit perfect right out of the box as well.

Back