Vulkan Pro Light Gi - Worth it?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by LidarDan15, Aug 5, 2010.

1. LidarDan15

LidarDan15 White Belt

Hi All. I have a Koral Classic Gi which is awesome in every way, except that I am getting annoyed with how heavy it is as well as its fit sometimes. When I roll, it fits so snug that sometimes it can be constricting and restricting of my movement. With that being said, I was looking into getting a Vulkan Pro Light Gi, but I have some questions before I do so. First and foremost, are Vulkan Gi's quality gi's. By that I mean can they compete with Koral and other top brands (Obviously Vulkan is a top brand). Secondly, Are there any disadvantages to wanting to use a lightweight gi over a heavier one all the time. Disadvantages as in terms of longevity of the gi's life. I have heard that Vulkans last a long time and are built to take a beating just as the heavier gi's are. I want to try a lighter gi and everywhere I look, as well as everybody that I talk to who has had a Vulkan has said that they are completely satisfied with the way the gi looks, the way it feels, the way it performs, and the way it fits. I just want to see what you guys think about the Vulkan. I want a lightweight gi that I can have for years and that can take the years of abuse from rolling. I want to use it every training session and have it remain in awesome shape for years to come. I will do my part and wash it after every session, but like I said, I gotta know if I should spend the money. I like what I hear so far about the Vulkans but I just want to make certain that it will be money well spent and I will be satisfied. Thank you guys!!

2. Mala

Mala Yellow Belt

Certainly. Vulkan Pro Lights are up there with any gi on the market, lightweight or not.

3. chino3

chino3 Purple Belt

tl;dr

but yes. they are awesome gi's, very durable, super comfortable, and not THAT expensive. Talk to nickh here on the boards for a great deal

4. LidarDan15

LidarDan15 White Belt

Excellent! Thank you both Soooo much!! I just needed some more opinions. I love the way the Vulkans look and I think they will still have a snug fit that will be a little bit looser than my Koral classic. I've heard they fit perfect right out of the box as well.