1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Vulcan Pro Light and Ultra Light Gis

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Hellboy31, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Hellboy31

Hellboy31 Brown Belt

Can someone please explain the difference between the Pro Light and the Ultra Light Vulcan gi's?

There's a difference of about $60 to $70 dollars but there's no explanation on what makes the Pro Light any better.

2. bjjaz

bjjaz Got the Rock...Time to Roll

I have a Ultra Light.

This is just a guess but: I am pretty sure the Ultra light weighs less, and is somewhat a different material. The ultra light feels really close to being a summer weave. The pro light probably is a different material or weave.

3. SFinclined

SFinclined Purple Belt

I had the Ultra Light and it is a stupid gi, it sucks major nuts, I sold it to my much larger brother. They run huge.... That is all.......

4. johnnyvtx

johnnyvtx Orange Belt

The Ultra light sucks big time. They are flimsy and strech as you're grappling, worst gi I have ever owned.

5. Hellboy31

Hellboy31 Brown Belt

Really? I heard good things about the Vulcan Ultra Light... What kind of gi do you use now?

6. krait

krait Purple Belt

The pro light stretches also . Ihaven't eer worn a ultra light. But I do have a Pro and by the end of a session it is noticibly stretched. Especially in the sleeves with all the pulling.

I still like it because it is way cooler in the summer than my atamas. Fine for training imo. But I wouldn't wear at a tourney. With the stretching the sleeves would be huge and make it too easy for opponents to get really good sleeve grips.

7. beeran1

beeran1 Purple Belt

I have the Pro Light and it is a bit stretchy compared to my other gis. Also has wide sleeves and leg holes, which surprised me as I thought Vulkans ran snug. A little disappointed with the gi overall, though it is pretty light.

8. dunerider

dunerider Green Belt

I cant stand the ultra light way to stretchy and thin. I actually just got the red prolight and have rolled in it twice and like it alot.

9. bjjaz

bjjaz Got the Rock...Time to Roll

I also hate the Ultra Light bc the pant legs always roll down your leg.

IE if you have someone in your gaurd you gi pants will be bunched up all the way by your knee.