Volkov Vs Overeem

These are the kind of fights reem.needs at 40 years old. On paper, this is a good tactical stand up battle.

As long as Reem can take him down, this should be an easy fight

WAR REEM!
:meow:

Werdum took Volkov down and couldn't do shit.
What makes you think old ass Reem will succeed?

Bad matchup for The Reem
I would say it's finally a good matchup.
Volkov isn't a power striker, like almost all recent past opponents of the Reem.
On the ground Reem should have an advantage, but standing up he also should have one.
Unfortunately, as we know with the Reem, he could be knocked out stiff by CM Punk if he connected and Reem had a bad night.
So I never feel comfortable watching Reem standing up anymore. I hope he wins via KO, though, standing.
Go get that belt Reem!

Considering Sakai pushed Reem on feet and had enough fight IQ to try to clinch Reem after pushing him... Yeah, Reem should be taking this to the ground as fast as he can.

Volkov isn't a power striker, like almost all recent past opponents of the Reem.
On the ground Reem should have an advantage, but standing up he also should have one.
Unfortunately, as we know with the Reem, he could be knocked out stiff by CM Punk if he connected and Reem had a bad night.
So I never feel comfortable watching Reem standing up anymore. I hope he wins via KO, though, standing.
Go get that belt Reem!

I have to disagree. Overeem was having a close fight standing up against Augusto Sakai last fight (until Sakai gassed). Volkov is more versatile and technically better than Sakai, has more reach and can go 5 hard rounds. Additionally, Volkov is pretty good on the ground too. After watching Overeem get knocked out by guys like Bigfoot, Brown and Big Ben, I don't see him surviving 5 rounds against Volkov. Overeem changed his style a bit in recent years, he is much more "bouncy" and defensively responsible, but still, Volkov is a nightmare matchup for him.

I got Reem by clinch takedowns and gnp.

Go get that belt Reem!
/thread

Go get that belt Reem!

Volkov is a big boy. He hits hard

Winnable fight for overreem, he should be fighting derek lewis though.they have some history.

Back