Volkov v Gane prediction?

You do realize what the Gus curse is, right?
You do realize what half of the OP was suggesting, right?

If this is your 3rd account, then you know this ain't the place for snowflake sensibilities. Next thing you know I could be saying how athletic and explosive Ngannou is!
I’ve been active on this site since the pandemic started so no I have never heard that curse before. I got one of my threads deleted once though because it was to remind people that Usman also was a Trump supporter because all the comments on Colby’s threads were, “MAGA” related. So I thought, it was a bit of a snowflake environment here.

I’ve been active on this site since the pandemic started so no I have never heard that curse before.

You're still pretty freshy fresh then. the Gus curse is that Alexander Gustafson never loses unless it's a black opponent. If it's a black opponent he always loses. To my recollection there are no exceptions to this rule but I could be wrong.

You're still pretty freshy fresh then. the Gus curse is that Alexander Gustafson never loses unless it's a black opponent. If it's a black opponent he always loses. To my recollection there are no exceptions to this rule but I could be wrong.
I’m careful what I say here. Any praise of Colby or a mere mention of Trump gets a lot of hate on this site. I hate to say it as relatively fresh member, I think this place attracted a lot of snowflakes.

I’m careful what I say here. Any praise of Colby or a mere mention of Trump gets a lot of hate on this site. I hate to say it as relatively fresh member, I think this place attracted a lot of snowflakes.

I was using the term more generically, not necessarily the political version. There is a fair amount of freedom of speech given on this site. Ive only been yellowed 3 times in thousands of posts and 12 years. That said, it's pretty evenly divided Id say, politically. I generally try to keep that topic out of the conversation unless I'm in a "war room" thread.

Last edited:
Volkov is the dog here... I was kind of surprised

He seems to have the Gus curse (insert woodley gif)

Will Volkov pull this off? Is Gane the future champ? Excited to see this one Saturday////

It is hard, so I went back and forth but both are by edges. I think Volkov.

He doesn't always lose to black opponents, he knocked Jimmy Manuwa out. Diabate is 'black' as well.

Fights like this is why I don't always like the UFC match making. It's a risky fight for both and kind of eliminates one as a contender.

Volk has some momentum and has a streak going which would be nice if he could grow that so we have a future contender. Gane is a hot prospect on the cusp of a title shot getting a hard test.

That being said the winner should be in line for the title soon if not out right. 4

I'll go with Gane just due to being able to use the clinch and take downs if he starts losing the stand up exchanges.

I think if it goes the distance probably Gane gets it done by a clear decision.
But Volkov can shut your lights out a any moment and he looked ominously good in his last fight.

Hope it's a great battle. Going with Gane.

My money is on Volkov. Since bulking up after the Blaydes loss, he has added a level of power to his already formidable skill-set that has made him super dangerous. You could see the "oh fuck" look on Harris and Overeem as soon as he started landing on them. I see him applying pressure and volume to Gane, and I don't think Gane can hit back with anything harder than what will be coming at him.

Really I'd pick Volkov over anyone other than Ngannou.

How can anyone take gane here. Hes shown very little offensive output and has way less experience. Volkov has been in there with some of the best and he looks sensational lately.

My money is on Volkov. Since bulking up after the Blaydes loss, he has added a level of power to his already formidable skill-set that has made him super dangerous. You could see the "oh fuck" look on Harris and Overeem as soon as he started landing on them. I see him applying pressure and volume to Gane, and I don't think Gane can hit back with anything harder than what will be coming at him.

Really I'd pick Volkov over anyone other than Ngannou.
That Overeem fight looked like Gorilla vs King Kong to me. It's not that Overeem did or attempted nothing, it just that everytime Volkov hit him he just freezed up.

Gane should win via UD, but Volkov could absolutely kill him if he will close combinations with high kick.

Back