Volkov ready to REGAIN Belaltor HW title

He'll win it back EASILY. My only problem with him before was that he seemed to lack power and didn't too finish. No more. Dude's a straight out killer and he'll destroy Mina.

I'm seriously looking forward to this fight and also a rematch down the road with Ivanov. I hope Bellator brings in some decent heavyweights because they have something with Volkov.

Is it just me or does he seem like he's naturally almost the exact same build and body as Alexander Gustaffson? I'm thinking he'd have to be a LH if he were in UFC.

I think the tie ups, clinch, and take downs will be important like the Ivanov fight. Bellator is deep at HW. Ivanov with more training would be great to see fight these guys for years to come. Minakov is very tough but I think Volkov has improved a lot more since then. We'll see.

Hmmm. Maybe I really am the only person on this site who isn't impressed with Volkov. I just don't see what he has for Minakov and I think the rematch will go about the same way as the first.

As awesome as Volkov looked in the tourney, I didn't see anything from him that shows he's fixed the holes that Minakov exploited.

Volkov seems to be constantly improving. I'd like to see him get his belt back. Volkov vs Minakov could turn into a hell of a rivalry.

It's been a meer 6 months since Minikov steamrolled Volkov have little doubt Minikov will do the same this time around. The level of opponents Volkov beat I have not been impressed with.

Wasn't all impressed with Minikov's win over Kongo. I have however been impressed with Volkov's last 3 performances. If Volkov works on his TDD, I'll be a lot more confident in his chances in the rematch.

I thought he was doing pretty well against Minikov before he got caught with that uppercut. The ref probably could have let it go a bit longer before he stopped it as well.

Back