Volkov could beat Miocic

He may struggle against very tall long guys, like Struve

If the fight stayed on the feet, yes. But Stipe would immediately take him down and probably ground and pound TKO him.

don't idiots get tired of bringing this up?

Watch the fight genius, Struve used the same technique DC did (eyepoke and then strikes while he was trying to recover from the eyepoke because the ref was useless).

Or maybe DC took notes from Struve.

Let's set aside of course that it was only Stipe's 10th pro fight in his 2nd year of MMA...

It was Struve's 30th pro fight btw....
Struve beat Stipe fair and square. Unfortunately, he never developed much

He could. Stipe has looked very beatable lately. Stipe also struggled against Struve, who is worse than Volkov but has similar attributes. I think what people are missing is that Stipe has terrible range for a heavyweight. His arms and legs are very short. Volkov can pick him off at a distance.

If the fight stayed on the feet, yes. But Stipe would immediately take him down and probably ground and pound TKO him.

How? Blaydes couldn´t make any damage in 5 rounds, and he almost got a heart attack.

Pretty much any HW "could" beat another HW if the wind's blowing right. Doesn't mean they will. People who are saying if Struve beat Miocic, than a similarly rangy guy should, are forgetting that Miocic was at that time wary of staying on the mat with a guy who'd just had a notable submission win. Miocic has far more confidence now and Volkov less BJJ cred, it's hard not to imagine Volkov being wrestlefucked over.

Volkov isn't at Miocic Level ! Stipe would murder Volkov

How? Blaydes couldn´t make any damage in 5 rounds, and he almost got a heart attack.

Stipe has a better top game and cardio than Blaydes. Probably takedowns aren't as good but if they're still good enough to take down Volkov then that isn't much of an issue.

Stipe has a better top game and cardio than Blaydes. Probably takedowns aren't as good but if they're still good enough to take down Volkov then that isn't much of an issue.

Volkovs TD def is improved and Stipe isn't better from top than Blaydes.

Volkov has gained a lot of size from the Blaydes fight to this last one with Harris. The Blaydes fight was in June and he weighed 247. Four months later and he is 265? That’s a bit suspicious.

Miocic wouldn't have survived that bomb from lewis

He wouldn’t have been hit with it. Volkov jumped straight into it in one of the worst lapses in fight IQ I can remember.

Only the GOAT-tier chins of Big Country and Ivanov have taken flush bombs from BB and survived, but intelligent fighters like Stipe are able to avoid those shots.

Volkov really gained some bulk and strength without sacrificing speed, and it showed in the Walt Harris fight.
Could be something interesting since there could be a 30lb advantage (at least) for Volkov + Stipe isn't familiar with opponents who can kick really well.

Stipe is pretty likely on the verge of a big downfall considering hes pushing 40. Whoever the next guy he fights is they will probably be getting him at the right time.

Volkovs TD def is improved and Stipe isn't better from top than Blaydes.

it's improved in general but it's still not that good.

I could be convinced Blaydes is better at some things than Stipe from the top but I think Stipe is better positionally. Blaydes is possibly a better mat wrestler but I think Stipe is the better grappler from top overall. I think just locking Volkov down is the most important thing to beating him.

Back