Volkanovski's Win Streak Is Far More Impressive than Anything Mighty Mouse Ever Did

Dodson was very good. Consistently top 10 at 125 and 135. Kyoji is a double champ, Joe B is one of the best not to hold a belt, Cejudo is a ATG, kid and Torres were considered some of the best 135ers at that time. His comp in ONE has been brutal as well and at 135 no less.

17-3 at 135 13-1-1 at 125. DJ and men's flyweight don't get enough credit

Horiguchi literally beat nobody of consequence.

Dodson was OK at best. Being top 10 in a weak division isn't impressive. Joe B was good, but not great. Cejudo is legit of course.

I think DJ is a GOAT but hard to tell how he stacks up VS other GOATs because there were literally no other fighters in his division remotely close to GOAT level.

Bashing an all-time great in an attempt to uplift another fighter...typical Sherdogger.

Johnson's resume:

#3 Ian McCall
#1 Joseph Benavidez
#3 John Dodson
#6 John Moraga
#2 Joseph Benavidez
#8 Ali Bagautinov
#7 Kyoji Horiguchi
#4 John Dodson
#4 Henry Cejudo
#9 Tim Elliott
#7 Wilson Reis
#4 Ray Borg

Johnson has 12 top ten wins.

NWS3GwR.gif

k27qlY.gif

ezgif.com-resize-76.gif

giphy.gif

vht21jfy0im21.gif

/thread

Horiguchi literally beat nobody of consequence.

Dodson was OK at best. Being top 10 in a weak division isn't impressive. Joe B was good, but not great. Cejudo is legit of course.

I think DJ is a GOAT but hard to tell how he stacks up VS other GOATs because there were literally no other fighters in his division remotely close to GOAT level.
Lol Horiguchi dog walked the bellator 135 champ twice.

Dodson was ranked top 10 at 135 for years. He beat Munhoz not long ago. Are you really gonna claim 135 is a weak division ?

Joe took Dom to split decision and was the top contender at 135 up until 125 opened. One of the best not to get the belt.

Lol Horiguchi dog walked the bellator 135 champ twice.
Caldwell isn't as good as most guys Volk has fought in the UFC.

Dodson was ranked top 10 at 135 for years. He beat Munhoz not long ago. Are you really gonna claim 135 is a weak division ?
135 was weak in Mighty Mouses day, yes. Dodson being considered a good win is an example.

Joe took Dom to split decision and was the top contender at 135 up until 125 opened. One of the best not to get the belt.
Joe was good then as I said already. So basically you're telling me a guy that fought nobody and beat a Bellator champ x2 who probably would barely make the top 10 in the UFC is a big win?

GTFO. Horiguchi racked up a nice record, is a good fighter but his big claim to fame is beating some second-rate champion in a lower promotion. Volk has 4 wins better than Horiguchi, Joe or Dodson.

More convinced than ever that Mighty Mouse was one of the most overrated fighters ever and had a completely padded record.

Volkanovski's the real deal.
far more impressive than Aldo who never beat an elite fighter in his entire career

More convinced than ever that Mighty Mouse was one of the most overrated fighters ever and had a completely padded record.

Volkanovski's the real deal.
Lots of evidence presented.

You make a compelling case.

Caldwell isn't as good as most guys Volk has fought in the UFC.

135 was weak in Mighty Mouses day, yes. Dodson being considered a good win is an example.

Joe was good then as I said already. So basically you're telling me a guy that fought nobody and beat a Bellator champ x2 who probably would barely make the top 10 in the UFC is a big win?

GTFO. Horiguchi racked up a nice record, is a good fighter but his big claim to fame is beating some second-rate champion in a lower promotion. Volk has 4 wins better than Horiguchi, Joe or Dodson.
Dodson was ranked in the top 10 during TJ and Cody's runs as champ. You're insane to say that was a weak division.

Kyoji has dominated damn near everyone he's fought since losing to DJ. He was the best contender at FLW in the ufc and dominated 125 and 135 out the ufc. Better than end of the line Mendes and Ortega easily.

Dodson was ranked in the top 10 during TJ and Cody's runs as champ. You're insane to say that was a weak division.

Kyoji has dominated damn near everyone he's fought since losing to DJ. He was the best contender at FLW in the ufc and dominated 125 and 135 out the ufc. Better than end of the line Mendes and Ortega easily.[/QUOTE]
Kyoji still hasn't beaten anyone. Good for him, he's dominating lower-level fighters on lower-level promotions.

Dodson is like 10-7 in the UFC? Solid career but never a real contender or threat to any of the top guys. He did beat TJ early in his career but otherwise....meh...

Kyoji has dominated damn near everyone he's fought since losing to DJ. He was the best contender at FLW in the ufc and dominated 125 and 135 out the ufc. Better than end of the line Mendes and Ortega easily.
Kyoji still hasn't beaten anyone. Good for him, he's dominating lower-level fighters on lower-level promotions.

Dodson is like 10-7 in the UFC? Solid career but never a real contender or threat to any of the top guys. He did beat TJ early in his career but otherwise....meh...[/QUOTE]
Kyoji: Caldwell x2, Hiromasa x2, EPO Ali, Ishiwatari x2, McCall, Nguyen, and Kai

All of those are quality. The ufc isn't the only org with top talent

Dodson: TJ and Munhoz at 135 plus close fights with lineker and moraes

Deiveson would destroy Mighty Mouse and probably knock him out
View attachment 881775
I mean... anything can happen but... Mighty mouse is a much better fighter.. very unlikely.

I think what's confusing you is that Ferg is more exciting.

That's like comparing Mayweather to Gatti, and we all know how that went.

Agreed 100%. MM fought in an incredibly shallow division where they struggled to get contenders.

Volk has beaten a host of opponents with fantastic CVs

It's one of those things that makes arguing P4P difficult. MM had a ton of top ten wins. But I would agree that his division during his time was thin. Not his fault by any measure, he still fought the best that were around.

What the hell do they have to do with each other? Volk is good, but no where near Anderson or GSP. See how silly that sounds? Enjoy fights

Back