Volkanovski's Win Streak Is Far More Impressive than Anything Mighty Mouse Ever Did

Joe B x2, Cejudo, Horiguchi are all better than Volks wins imo. Add on Dodson x2, Kid Yamamoto, Torres, and his wins 135 Grand Prix. Volk has a long way to go.

DJ is the only guy with over a dozen wins in 2 divisions that'll constantly get hate and its sad.
Max is a better win than all of those guys except Cejudo.

Mendes and Aldo are arguably better wins than all of those guys too except Cejudo.

No it's not more impressive than Mighty Mouse's run. It is impressive but no it's not that impressive. MM had more ranked wins and I believe more top 5 wins as well.

Lol one win over Aldo surpasses that entire resume. Volk beat Aldo, Holloway 2x, Mendez, and Ortega. That’s a stacked resume at FW
Mendes* and Aldo were noticeably declined, don’t look at the w by it’s record but how their opponent actually fought, aldo was shot af that night.

mendes was a decent win, probably top 10ish but not quite elite in reality

I disagree but you're entitled to your opinion. I think if he was still in the UFC, he would have lost numerous times, personally.
I don't see anyone outside of maybe Yan (which would be an absolute barn burner) beating him. His sole UFC loss was DJ. He dog walked Caldwell twice and has absolutely dominated since losing to DJ.

I was so sad UFC didn't pick him up

Hypothetically bullshit of a fantasy fight. If Volk was a FW I don’t see him beating MM but of course we would never see them fight.

DJ is one of the greatest pound for pound. Everyone get old and loses a step, then they start getting beat by the young fighters that are learning from the blueprint they have provided. Wait until Volks gets old bet you won't shit on him.

More convinced than ever that Mighty Mouse was one of the most overrated fighters ever and had a completely padded record.

Volkanovski's the real deal.
Bashing an all-time great in an attempt to uplift another fighter...typical Sherdogger.

Johnson's resume:

#3 Ian McCall
#1 Joseph Benavidez
#3 John Dodson
#6 John Moraga
#2 Joseph Benavidez
#8 Ali Bagautinov
#7 Kyoji Horiguchi
#4 John Dodson
#4 Henry Cejudo
#9 Tim Elliott
#7 Wilson Reis
#4 Ray Borg

Johnson has 12 top ten wins.

NWS3GwR.gif

k27qlY.gif

ezgif.com-resize-76.gif

giphy.gif

vht21jfy0im21.gif

When Horiguchi lost to Mighty Mouse:
Xr4MBSh.png

When Aldo lost to Volkanovski:
ZtzYxVe.png

Volkanovski defeated a declining, past prime Aldo. MM's win over Horiguchi is arguably better.

Don’t worry about DJ.

Where is Volk on the goat list of his division? Answer that first.

I know TS won’t because this thread was never actually meant to be about Volk at all.

Beating former champs makes a champion look great. Volk got to beat Aldo and Holloway. Demetrius had no former champs to beat, so it’s easy to think his defenses were against a bunch of journeymen.

Dodson wasn't that good. I think you're over rating the other guys you're listing too.

I'm not hating on him, he's one of the GOATs but there really wasn't that much great competition for him at the time.

Ortega was never good
Mendez came out of retirement to fight
We can all play the game

Dodson wasn't that good. I think you're over rating the other guys you're listing too.

I'm not hating on him, he's one of the GOATs but there really wasn't that much great competition for him at the time.

Overrating Cejudo and Horiguchi?
<bball1>

Back