Volkanovski vs Poirier @ 155 lbs, who wins?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by JustBleed69, Dec 18, 2019.

1. fortheo Steel Belt

Who is my man crush? Stop making things up. I think he can take Dustin down because I've seen cub Swanson and many others take Dustin down.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  2. fortheo Steel Belt

That his strike differential was better than dustins against max.....

3. Beherit Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

who gives a shit ? you want me to post max's and rush's faces after the volk fight and the dustin fight ???

4. Mondo Freaks Green Gucci Suit Platinum Member

Diamond would finish Volkanovski in the first.

5. NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

I think Volkanovski would win. I think he has the grappling, cardio and kicking advantage. I don't think he should move to LW though and should focus on defending his belt.

6. fortheo Steel Belt

Judges give a shit. Show me GSP's and condit's face after their fight instead.

7. NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

Dustin's TDD isn't that good and Volkanovski is one of the better grapplers at FW

Dustin vs Max has nothing to do with Dustin vs Volkanovski, that's MMA math and it doesn't work especially since Max and Volkanovski are nothing alike in style.

No it's not, Max's TDD is much better than Dustin's

8. Beherit Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

GSP won, max didnt, fake analogy, good try though.

9. RNC555 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Dustin took Max down and controlled him against the cage in the later rounds when he was gassed.

Max shook off Volk clinch/takedown attempts with EASE.

Volk wouldnt score a single takedown against those dude in LW.

Dude is a striker lets not act like hes some high level wrestler all of the sudden. Who has he taken down and controlled down?

Chad scored multiple takedowns on Volk with EASE.

@fortheo

10. Azure Sherdogology PhD.

Volk by having the lungs of a 240lb man

11. fortheo Steel Belt

Exactly, so how a person's face looks after a fight means very little.

12. Beherit Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

it means if the fight is mostly striking ... but when you get controlled on the ground for 20 minutes it doesnt means shit.

Neither dustin and volk was able to control max on the ground, both fight mostly striking. Dustin landed far much power, precise, well timed blow than volk. Deal with it ... lol Volk vs justin who wins ? volk vs alvarez ? volk vs dustin ?? stop with the recency bias, the dude is a FW, barely beat ( outpoint is the correct world ) holloway ...

13. fortheo Steel Belt

I don't follow the logic here. So because Dustin showed better offensive grappling, he has great tdd? Despite the fact that he's been taken down a shit load throughout his career?

14. fortheo Steel Belt

I don't know why I need to deal with something that I agreed with multiple times already. Dustin did more damage to Max than volkanovski did. It means shit though when it comes to how volk matches up with poirier, so I don't understand why it's the crutch of your argument.

The way I see it, the striking is close, but volkanovski is the better wrestler and the smarter fighter.

It's not recency bias. I've been singing Volks praise for years before you had an account here. I just think volkanovski is better than Dustin overall.

15. NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

Ok so Dustin's takedowns are better than Max's TDD, don't really see how that's going to be a factor against Volkanovski as Max will not want to grapple with him since Volkanovski is the better wrestler.

Max is not Dustin, Dustin is not Max, don't use MMA math, only morons or very new fans use it cause they don't know how stupid it is and that it doesn't work.

Chad Mendes is one of the best wrestlers at FW and is a much better wrestler than Dustin. None of these fighters you're comparing to Dustin are anything like him in fighting style.

16. NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

He's just throwing out a bunch of MMA math, he's compared Dustin to Holloway and Mendes who he's nothing like in terms of build or fighting styles.

17. RNC555 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Yes, Usually a better wrestler will automatically mean better TDD.

We pretending as if wrestling offense and defense are two separate sports now?

Your man crush Max got exposed. The dude who exposed him is simply a better striker. Not wrestler.

Max been facing stand up strikers all his career. Like Khabib said in their presser.. Max never fought a wrestler in his entire win streak. We can count Frankie who is basically a striker now and is too old and small.

Volk is a striker who shoots a reactive takedown as means to mix stuff up and score some points SOMETIMES. Nothing more.

18. NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

They are very different, someone can have great takedowns and bad TDD, Shogun is a great example of this. Someone can also have bad takedowns and great TDD, Rockhold is a great example of this.

It seems like your join date is when you started watching MMA based on your posts.

19. Beherit Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

1 - their striking is not close
    2 - bette wrestler ?? how ? poirier at least took max down, unlike edgar, volk etc ... or maybe volkanovski is a FW khabib and I am not aware about it ?? volk is a better wrestler than Alvarez ?
    3 - HUGE size difference, the difference in power and range is huge
    4 - recency bias, even zabit probably beat volkanovski if the dude shows just a 4 rounds cardio.

20. RNC555 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

This is not MMA math.

MMA math is for example:

Fighter Y wrestler

Beating fighter B striker

And saying fighter C a striker would therefore beat fighter B.

Y beat B with his wrestling not his striking so the logic is flawed.

Im comparing wrestling of both fighters against a common opponent not their overall game.