Volkanovski vs Poirier @ 155 lbs, who wins?

I don't understand what you're arguing. I never said volkanovski did more damage to max than Dustin did. You said volk barely hit him, which is just flat out false.
touching without damage is not that important ... Volk landed good low kicks other than that, max had nothing.

touching without damage is not that important ... Volk landed good low kicks other than that, max had nothing.

You remind me of the people comparing max vs. Aldo to volk vs. Aldo and deducing from those fights that max would beat volkanovski. that's not how it works.

Also volkanovski landed many hard strikes on max's face. I suggest rewatching the fight.

Dustin and volk smart enough ( me thinks) to stay where he belongs and just freshly minted champ.

Yeah. I disagree with that last part. I'm not sure how volk barely hit max either. He landed more than max did, which is something Dustin can't say about his fight with max.

They're very different fights.
The Dustin Loss got in his head, Max became more cautious since then and has become more gun shy as a result. It's a mal adaptation on max's part considering his style.

Max needs a lunging jab ala gsp, and some wing chun kicks.

Why though? Volkanovski is in his correct division.

I like Volks work ethic because he puts in the work on the legs body and uses his speed well...that said, Dustin's reach would be a problem plus dustin has heavy hands compared to max.

You remind me of the people comparing max vs. Aldo to volk vs. Aldo and deducing from those fights that max would beat volkanovski. that's not how it works.

Also volkanovski landed many hard strikes on max's face. I suggest rewatching the fight.
rewatched it, volk didnt land as much as poirier did, and not at the same accuracy and power at all. He lacks power, he tried the exact same combos as dustin many times didnt work once.
Volks low kicks are really good, but we already know that low kicks are not enough to beat dustin.

Out pointing Max at 45, doesnt mean you can beat Poirier at 55. Tell me how volk beat poirier at 55 ? and dont tell me KO, because you'll just sounds like a fanboy at this point.

Dustin does what I thought Holloway would do use distance and movement...

Volk, until someone figures him out. Poor man's GSP

Yeah. I disagree with that last part. I'm not sure how volk barely hit max either. He landed more than max did, which is something Dustin can't say about his fight with max.

They're very different fights.

He landed more than Max did, but tbh I think Dustin did too in significant strikes. The stats listed them about even at 180 each, but Dustin's seemed a fuck load more "significant" than Max's.

Dustin also landed almost double the amount of strikes to head and body as Alex did. Alex's attack was obviously very leg kick heavy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's a solid strategy just like Condit against Diaz, and a great win. But ultimately Dustin gave Max a vicious beating, far more than Alex did, and I was probably more impressed with that win.

He landed more than Max did, but tbh I think Dustin did too in significant strikes. The stats listed them about even at 180 each, but Dustin's seemed a fuck load more "significant" than Max's.

Dustin also landed almost double the amount of strikes to head and body as Alex did. Alex's attack was obviously very leg kick heavy. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's a solid strategy just like Condit against Diaz, and a great win. But ultimately Dustin gave Max a vicious beating, far more than Alex did, and I was probably more impressed with that win.

Again, I never argued otherwise. I just don't see how that means Dustin beats volkanovski. Max beat down also worse than volkanovski did, but it still didn't stop volkanovski from beating max.

rewatched it, volk didnt land as much as poirier did, and not at the same accuracy and power at all. He lacks power, he tried the exact same combos as dustin many times didnt work once.
Volks low kicks are really good, but we already know that low kicks are not enough to beat dustin.

Out pointing Max at 45, doesnt mean you can beat Poirier at 55. Tell me how volk beat poirier at 55 ? and dont tell me KO, because you'll just sounds like a fanboy at this point.

Please tell me when I argued that he landed as much as Dustin or as hard as Dustin, otherwise you're debating against an imaginary opposition

Volk is shorter than his FLW training partner Kai France.

No business fighting the dudes that make LW for the frame size alone

Again, I never argued otherwise. I just don't see how that means Dustin beats volkanovski. Max beat down also worse than volkanovski did, but it still didn't stop volkanovski from beating max.

On topic, I think Dustin gives him a beating. He's more well rounded than Max, and Alex would be heavily outgunned at 155. I don't see Alex being able to skip around leg kicking Poirier to his heart's content, nor outgrappling him, nor beating him in a boxing match.

Hypothetically, who would you favour?

Dustin is 5'9", Alexander is 5'6"

Dustin has a 72 inch reach, Volkanovski has a 71.5 inch reach.

Would have to slightly favour Poirier for the size difference, but Volkanovski is so damn technical and tactical that it wouldn't surprise me if he could pull it off.
Have to say.... I kinda like the idea of Volka vs Poirier.
I don't think it'll happen anytime soon as Volka is gonna want to defend his 145lb title. But it's a nice idea and I do quite like it.

Tough to say. There's no telling how well Volk can carry his power to 155.

When Holloway came up and fought Poirier, it was obvious he just didn't have the pop to keep Poirier honest.

Volkanovski is the better MMA fighter skill for skill, but he should stay at FW. I'd still favor him against Dustin at LW though in this hypothetical match. He'd probably just take Dustin down and punch his face in
What makes you think he can take someone like Dustin down?

Just cause he beat your man crush doesn't mean he can beat everyone.

Dustin beat Max worse than Volk did. Way worse.

Btw taking down Max is easier than taking down Dustin.

Dustin outwrestled max in every grappling exchange.

Please tell me when I argued that he landed as much as Dustin or as hard as Dustin, otherwise you're debating against an imaginary opposition
"He landed more than max did, which is something Dustin can't say about his fight with max." what is the point of this sentence if you know that dustin did better than volk against max ?

Back