Volkanovski vs Aldo interim or not ?

Anewt

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Sick of the kfc threads and seeing how this is on the main page what do you guys think ? Im partial but it doesn't seem that bad of an idea expecially if maxs wins vs dustin.. thoughts ?

Aldo has said multiple times that he’s not interested in the title, has that changed?

Unless Max refuses to defend his FW title I don't see a need just yet. Also, that's the last fight on Aldo's contract afair. So, doesn't strike me as a great idea overall.

Things will definitely be murky at 145 if Max does beat Dustin. It seems every other card has an interim belt these days but maybe make the fight a number 1 contenders match if Max plans to return to 145 before years end. Not exactly sure what Max plans on doing.

should be for the real thing imo.

If Max wins, he ain't coming back.

Aldo has said multiple times that he’s not interested in the title, has that changed?
This. And he also does not want 5 rounders either.

He rejected to be main event in his last fight.

Nothing changed.. Aldo has a couple of fights left and then he is retiring. Awesome for him.

I don't think max is coming back so I don't see why this fight couldn't be for the interim or real thing. especially if max wins there's no chance he passes up on a fight with khabib to return to FW for a defense.

no matter how much aldo says he doesn't want a fight with a title, how could you not put him in that fight especially if he beats volkanovski

Back