Volkanovski on Max rematch: "I struggled to give him one round. No reason for a rematch. We'll see"

"Who else is there at 145" Hmmm many like KZ, Zabit and Yair?
Tough to give it to Yair, wrecked by Edgar, was losing on all 3 scorecards until his miracle KO over KZ, and gassed hard against Stephens. No way I'd give him one over Max, maybe if he beats Ortega or Zabit.

KZ - I'd love to see him get a title shot, but not sure if he's done enough. 2-1, again I'd like to see him fight Ortega or maybe Zabit. Shit his fight with Yair was fun AF, I'd watch them fight 2-3 more times if I could.

Zabit - Just like the other 3, I want to see him fight Ortega, KZ, or Yair. He has won his fights in the UFC, but the last 2 were less than inspiring. Seems the bump in competition is making him look far less impressive.

Max would be better off destroying someone and coming back for it. I’d be more excited to watch it to. There’s nothing wrong with taking a slight step down in competition to show you still got it.

He had a winning streak with many title defences for years at FW. He deserves instant rematches, it’s like not allowing Jones to win his belt back instantly after losing it, and let some lesser known contender to step up

I want to see kz as champ.

Give kz the shot.

He had a winning streak with many title defences for years at FW. He deserves instant rematches, it’s like not allowing Jones to win his belt back instantly after losing it, and let some lesser known contender to step up
At FW yes. But realistically he lost to Poirer, bounced back and got a decent win over Frankie, then had a decisive loss. I think the Poirer fight takes some steam off his hype even though he moved up. That’s the risk you take IMO

Max just doesn't adapt his style. He literally fights everyone the same way and hopes they break under pressure. If Max mixed shit up, maybe threw off-rhythm punches, threat of a takedown and shit then he would be unstoppable. It was a matter of time some camp figured it out.

Volkanovski vs KZ is the fight to make.
In no world does Max deserve a rematch.

Why is everyone so willing to throw them back into the Octagon? let them fight someone else to both, then rematch could happen, or two fights, a LW showcase fight for Max...smh, take a page out of boxing's book, a 2nd loss in a row to the same guy does no good for Max, get an easier fight next.

Max clearly lost.

But I'd like to see a rematch, because I think Max could win. And I don't think anyone else can.

If not immediate, whatever. Let them both fight someone else once, if that makes everyone else happier.

Leg kicks worked great. Max needs to solve that riddle before returning.

Volk should stick to the main objective, money $. Objectively neither fighter was in danger of getting finished. Good defense but offense could have been better. At least Max presses action. So does KZ but sometimes overboard and susceptible to getting countered. I suspect Volk feels a rematch would be another 5 round close decision which is tough work vs someone else he could finish easier and get better highlights. Still Max well known and could sell so if UFC wants to pay for it, a relatively less risky title defense for Volk. Volk knows how to beat Max.

KZ / Volk
Holloway / Yair
Zabit / Ortega

{<redford}

No need for an immediate rematch. Max had nothing for Alex and was thoroughly beaten.

Volkanovski vs Korean Zombie

Let's go!

I hope for no rematch. I hate rematches only if they were super close, this this fight wasn't.

Huge Max fan, hard to disagree with Volk here. The only thing I can think about is just how dominant Max was, so maybe based on that he deserves a rematch (maybe)?

Back