Volkanovski knows how to "steal" rounds

If it was that easy to steal rounds, everybody would've been doing that. The styles in MMA will be the same as they always were. There would be brawlers, there would be safe point fighters. No brawler can start fighting smart all of a sudden. Can you imagine Cyborg being tactical? She is one clean punch away from turning into full blown Wandy (with a wig).
in their defense, not all decisions are equal
take a look at Holloway's last fight.

If it was that easy to steal rounds, everybody would've been doing that. The styles in MMA will be the same as they always were. There would be brawlers, there would be safe point fighters. No brawler can start fighting smart all of a sudden. Can you imagine Cyborg being tactical? She is one clean punch away from turning into full blown Wandy (with a wig).
nobody said it was easy I'm just saying it's the best way of fighting imo

even if he's a little bit inferior skill-wise.
I would say the one with the superior skill set is the one able to adapt to get a win.
But I userstand why people don't want to accept the Volk vs Max 2 decision.
Based on the current rules Volk wins round 3,4 and 5.
Max fought to win Volk fought to win the judges over.
If you could score rounds 10-10 or 9,5-9 then Volk would have lost

I would say the one with the superior skill set is the one able to adapt to get a win.
But I userstand why people don't want to accept the Volk vs Max 2 decision.
Based on the current rules Volk wins round 3,4 and 5.
Max fought to win Volk fought to win the judges over.
If you could score rounds 10-10 or 9,5-9 then Volk would have lost
I agree with you Volk won 3,4 and 5

nobody said it was easy I'm just saying it's the best way of fighting imo

Khabib's way is better in my opinion. Take no damage, get your 30:27 or 50:45. Volk took way, way more damage over the years, compared to Khabib.

It's no different than fighters going for takedowns the last min of the round to try and steal a close round. They are just strategies for winning rounds, some fighters try to have control for most of the round so they can win on points. That's either by pressing against the cage, or with a takedown and controlling on the ground. They can also focus on volume and just try to win by connecting with more strikes even though the strikes are light and not doing damage. They focus on just being busy with volume and trying to win rounds on points that way as well.

There's always going to be counters as well for those type of game plans. For every game plan and strategy there is also a counter to it. Same thing for every move/technique, there is always a defense or counter to it as well.

Can't tell if Volk is trolling max or max is trolling volk in this video lol. Max, however, is full of shit. He tried acting like those kicks did nothing to him, but in the post fight press conference Max's son called him out on that shit.

with leg kicks, stalling in the clinch against the fence, and the occasional takedowns
being safe and effective just like Leon Edwards.

I predict that this style of fighting is the future in MMA when most top fighters become good at everything
the fighter who knows what to do to "steal" the round and is willing to do so would most likely beat his opponent even if he's a little bit inferior skill-wise.

You mean the fighter that is best at earning points in a points based sport usually wins...? what a shocking revelation.

Back