Volkanovski is a terrible matchup for Khabib

The only part of this thread I believe is Khabib fighting natural featherweights.

khabib losses to everyone he doesn't fight. he only beats the fighters he fights.
If Khabib beats Ferguson.. Gaethje will suddenly become the new saviour to expose Khabib.

:D

Everyone beats Khabib, according to Sherdog..

The most beatable undefeated fighter in the history of MMA.. every sherdogger knows the gameplan, but no fighter has yet to come close to implementing it.

{<jordan}
To be fair though, the strategy to beat Khabib is most likely relatively simple, at least in terms of tactic alone; you just gotta find someone who has the defensive wrestling to nullify Khabib's wrestling but at the same time has decent enough striking to cause Khabib trouble.

..no one has been found so far who has good enough skills to do so though, so that's the biggest issue.
Khabib isn't exactly a puzzle in my opinion, he's just too good at what he does, simple as that.

I love Volk but Khabib would get hold of him eventually, and he’s too big

EL9IU9fU0AAn4xV.jpg

Volkanovski is one hell of a big boned tank, but as someone else mentioned, he had trouble against Mendez, so to assume he's a bad matchup for Khabib is a bit of a stretch.

Would totally love to see that fight though; i think that at least physically, Volkanovski would strive at lightweight.

If Volkanovski wasn't so much smaller then yes it'd be a tough fight for Khabib.

Trying to tell us that Khabib is a better striker than GSP? You must be new to the sport.

Khabib went toe to toe with Conor. GSP would get slep

GSP got destroyed by Matt Serra and dominated for two rounds by Jake fucking Shields on his feet

Can’t understand why Sherdog treats Volk like he’s some mid tier fighter. Man beat Mendes, Aldo and Max ffs. He could very well be the greatest FW of all time and with his style would definitely give Khabib some trouble

Trying to tell us that Khabib is a better striker than GSP? You must be new to the sport.
One of them got finished by strikes and got knocked down with a headkick, the other one has never been knocked down not even rocked. You tell me who is who.

One of them got finished by strikes and got knocked down with a headkick, the other one has never been knocked down not even rocked. You tell me who is who.
Low IQ detected

Prime Condit would absolutely waste Khabib on the feet

Khabib 50-42 or submission Round 1

Wouldn't even be close, the size difference is huge

Khabib 50-12 or Volkanovski leaving in a bodybag

Khabib would literally end GSP's life

He's far better everywhere

Khabib outgrapples him with ease. You are just to simple minded. Welcome.

First of all, calling someone simple minded while using the wrong to/too is special levels of ironic.

Second, Khabib stans are getting out of control.

Third and on topic, I think Volk vs Khabib is interesting. Khabib probably wins like he usually does, but the strength and athleticism of Volk would be interesting. I've always maintained that the best way to beat Khabib is athleticism. Khabib wins by dragging people down and sapping their will, but in my humble opinion, lacks explosiveness and speed.

Edit: and this absolute gem.

Edit2: This is oddly reminiscent of the type of blind fanship of a Conor fan when he was on the rise.

GSP got destroyed by Matt Serra and dominated for two rounds by Jake fucking Shields on his feet

Last edited:
Low IQ detected

Prime Condit would absolutely waste Khabib on the feet
Yeah you keep telling yourself that. Would Serra finish Khabib as well? Lmao.
GSP is the goat but Khabib is more skilled.

Yeah you keep telling yourself that. Would Serra finish Khabib as well? Lmao.
GSP is the goat but Khabib is more skilled.
Khabib is the same size as GSP yet cuts all that weight to drop to 155 for a reason

Lol @ being more skilled

Khabib wouldn't beat anyone in the top 5 at 170, and GSP wouldn't lose to Tibau either ;)

Everyone beats Khabib, according to Sherdog..

The most beatable undefeated fighter in the history of MMA.. every sherdogger knows the gameplan, but no fighter has yet to come close to implementing it.

{<jordan}
you know who can beat khabib?
TintedLimitedBunny-size_restricted.gif

He's a great fighter and it would be a fantastic fight with Volk's explosiveness in scrambles and ability to keep it standing,but lets not go off the deep end.Not saying he couldn't beat Khabib but you didn't exacly break the Zodiac code here either.We know it would be a good fight but Volk can stay at 145 where he belongs,we've had enough of these stupid holding up weight class fights the last few years and that's because they cater to the average mma consumer these days that want every fight to be some epic greatest fight ever crap.Bottom line is,Khabib would be a clear favorite,just cause you think something doesn't mean it'd play out that way.We're all wrong in mma all the time.

When Volk did rugby he walked around at 213. Shouldn't be too hard for him to bulk up.

Yeah,not optimal at all for fighting of course but certainly shows his problems likely lay more in losing weight than keeping or gaining.
photo_2019-12-19-05.52.12-559x800.jpeg

gsp got caught by matt serra

gsp destroyed matt serra

lets not confuse fact with fiction.

Back