Volkanovski can make a serious title run.

Scyther

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Based on what I saw tonight the guy seems to be a strong wrestler with really good cardio. On top of that he has pretty good hands and defense. He also had great spinning attacks similar to Jones with his opponent against the cage, he hit Hirota with 3 spinning back elbows off the cage.

I haven't watched many MMA events as I used to back in the day but that performance was impressive. I think in the long run Volkanovski can make some waves at the 145lb division.

Stopped reading after really good cardio C'MON man lol.Guys a beast,been watching him for idk 3 or 4 years maybe.He needs to work on a few things,especially his cardio.He can make some waves for sure.

I think you might be fooled at the level of fighter he was fighting. He has a long way to go.

Stopped reading after really good cardio C'MON man lol.Guys a beast,been watching him for idk 3 or 4 years maybe.He needs to work on a few things,especially his cardio.He can make some waves for sure.
I'm not too familiar with him did he gas out in a lot of his past fights?

He's not ready for the big boys yet, but he's looking like a solid prospect with an impressive 15-1 record.

I think you might be fooled at the level of fighter he was fighting. He has a long way to go.
Hirota is a solid veteran fighter who's fought a decent amount of veteran fighters.

I have been keeping an eye on him for a while since seeing him on the Tiger Muay Thai trials where he won a scholarship. I think he can be a good addition to the top 15 but not ready for the elite yet. Perhaps someone like Arnold Allen next.

He looks pretty good but let's not forget his only two fights were Japanese fighters and historically they've pretty much looked like cans in the ufc outside of the odd one here and there

Too one dimensional. He's like a poor mans Chad Mendez.... and this is coming from an Aussie who wants any fighter from Aus to do well.

I rekon he'll give anyone below the elite a tough run but will never be a top 3 fighter.

Would love to be wrong though.

Based on what I saw tonight the guy seems to be a strong wrestler with really good cardio. On top of that he has pretty good hands and defense. He also had great spinning attacks similar to Jones with his opponent against the cage, he hit Hirota with 3 spinning back elbows off the cage.

I haven't watched many MMA events as I used to back in the day but that performance was impressive. I think in the long run Volkanovski can make some waves at the 145lb division.
you are spot on mate, im a bit better than you cause i called it when he was fighting in the AFC in OZ, these goofs here are clueless

Nah. Not in the slightest. Good performance and a solid win but I don't know what he actually does well - he just seems reasonably well-rounded, that's about it. Not excellent anywhere.

A dude who's held gold in almost every promotion he's fought, Hirota is some can though right? :rolleyes:

Well, when your best win is over a 2016 Cole Miller, you aren't anywhere close to the top. He is a tough guy but.... yeah.

Mhmm Hirota is decent but he's not someone to measure a career against at this point

Extremely unlikely. 145 is a shark tank, and volkanovski hasn't proven anything.

Volk is part of the flat earth revolution.

Respect

He's good no doubt about it. Looking forward to see if he will crack the top 10

Back