Volkanovski and Ortega would’ve beat prime Aldo

Aldo went 5 rounds with the likes of Mendes, Lamas, Faber, Edgar, but fucking Ortega would finish him. This place sometimes...
Ortega finished in round 1 the same version of Frankie that fought Aldo for 5 rounds

Weird. You started off saying same thing else and then offer hypocritical stats smh. Aside from Ortega being VERY hittable and Aldo being very elusive I don’t know what those stats can possibly suggest

I'ts not a suggestion, it is an eivdence that there is a much higher output and pace in tittle fights today than 10 years ago. I brought one example, I could bring plenty of them. It's a know fact and you are just a nostalgic fanboy not wanting to face it as it is.

Florian, Hominick or KZ gave Aldo very tough rounds yet Ortega would just get "tear apart"? Sure dude, but dont act as if you are in for an unbiased debate.

Ortega cant even win a belt and volk was getting hit hard and almost got submitted

Aldo was controlled on the ground by Petr Yan of all people. Ortega was one of the best submission artists in UFC. Ortega subs him for sure if it hits the ground
Ortegas nonexistent wrestling against Aldo‘s take down defense? You must be a new fan

Conor is obv the FW GOAT hes beat everyone Volk has and made it look much easier
0 title defense, literally cannot be in contention for that title.
You can maybe argue he was the best FW at his peak, but GOAT is about body of work ie. clearly out no.1 contenders over the years. He has never done that in his career.
Not up for debate in that regard.

Volkanovski might be better than Aldo everywhere. His footwork, fight IQ and cardio would be no match for Aldo. Prime Aldo was quite static, didn’t use much feints and only exploded in blitzing combos and threw naked leg kicks. Volk would’ve danced circles around him and would’ve drowned Aldo in championship rounds with his crazy pace.

Ortega can’t be finished. Aldo would probably outstrike him for a round or 2, but Ortega would take the fight later on. And if it hits the ground at any moment, Ortega sleeps Aldo for sure. Only bald Volk can survive that.

Aldo’s cardio wouldn’t have allowed to compete with the 2 beasts.
Also Volk and Aldo beat Aldo’s best wins easily- Mendes, Frankie, KZ, Cub and also Volk beat Max twice, something Aldo couldn’t achieve and beat Aldo as well.

It’s time to put some respect on Volk’s name as the best FW of all time.

P.S. the best and the greatest isn’t the same thing. Aldo is still the FW GOAT for now
Volk definitely beats him at any point, Ortega though I could see Aldo handling.
Ortega's only chance would be a hail Mary sub, which Aldo has never been subbed that I can remember and was a brown belt world champ.

Ortegas nonexistent wrestling against Aldo‘s take down defense? You must be a new fan
Ortega snatches submissions incredibly fast, even still standing. Look at what he did to Cub. Volk is a better wrestler than Aldo and Ortega still nearly submitted him

I hope "bald Volk" becomes a thing. Did TS start that or is it already floating around?

Ortega doesn't have the stand-up or speed needed to keep up with Aldo. Volk is on that top level, he could. But their fight was fairly competitive. Aldo in peak form would tilt it more towards him. Would still be competitive.

Volk got hurt by Ortega twice in the first round and dropped twice by Max. He's not the most durable, can look shaky. Aldo was the most explosive. He'd hurt him. But Volk is good in a long fight. Gameplans and has the cardio needed.

Conor is obv the FW GOAT hes beat everyone Volk has and made it look much easier

I missed conor vs. ortega. When did it happen?
Ortega gets his ass kicked in most of his fights win or loss. This is a wild post. Aldo would beat Ortega all over the octagon. He has no prayer taking him down and he is too slow to ever get Aldo in danger on the feet. Embarrassing.

Volk held Aldo against the fence for 3 rounds.and won a very boring decision.

I'm tired of the Aldo disrespect.

Volk held Aldo against the fence for 4 minutes of a 15 minute fight. I'm beginning to think that you and @Substance Abuse and many others didn't watch the other 11 minutes of him out striking Aldo and being one of the very few guys to ever take round one from Aldo.

Last edited:
Really jumping to conclusions about Ortega, but Volk would since he already essentially did. The Aldo he faced hadn't lost any speed or reflexes, and his boxing and cardio were at their very best, he just wasn't using many leg kicks anymore. No version of Aldo has anything for Volk, their fight showed us that.

I missed conor vs. ortega. When did it happen?

Volk held Aldo against the fence for 4 minutes of a 15 minute fight. I'm beginning to think that you and @Substance Abuse and many others didn't watch the other 11 minutes of him out striking Aldo and being of of the very few guys to ever take round one from Aldo.

Kenny Florian also took 1st round from Aldo. I think Ortega could make it similarly competitive even if I'd favour Aldo not an easy fight as some nostalgics are pretending on here.

Ortega doesn't have the stand-up or speed needed to keep up with Aldo. Volk is on that top level, he could. But their fight was fairly competitive. Aldo in peak form would tilt it more towards him. Would still be competitive.

Volk got hurt by Ortega twice in the first round and dropped twice by Max. He's not the most durable, can look shaky. Aldo was the most explosive. He'd hurt him. But Volk is good in a long fight. Gameplans and has the cardio needed.

Volk wasn't hurt in round one. I watched the fight again today and the punch in question from ortega didn't even land. Volk just lost his footing after throwing a right hand.

Not sure about the other instance in round one that you're talking about

We have to assume Prime Aldo is the one who got destroyed by Max.

I'ts not a suggestion, it is an eivdence that there is a much higher output and pace in tittle fights today than 10 years ago. I brought one example, I could bring plenty of them. It's a know fact and you are just a nostalgic fanboy not wanting to face it as it is.

Florian, Hominick or KZ gave Aldo very tough rounds yet Ortega would just get "tear apart"? Sure dude, but dont act as if you are in for an unbiased debate.
First of the words “known fact” coming out of your mouth after the last statistics you shared just sound comical. I get you have a crush on Ortega or something but when you actually look at his record who has he beat with in his mere 15 wins? A decade past their best before date Edgar, swanson and guida? Lol ok or oh wait it was the performance again KZ that blew you away? Lol while you accuse me of nostalgia you yourself seem to have clinically concerning level of recency bias. Ortega has no sample of sustained greatness or title pedigree.

First of the words “known fact” coming out of your mouth after the last statistics you shared just sound comical. I get you have a crush on Ortega or something but when you actually look at his record who has he beat with in his mere 15 wins? A decade past their best before date Edgar, swanson and guida? Lol ok or oh wait it was the performance again KZ that blew you away? Lol while you accuse me of nostalgia you yourself seem to have clinically concerning level of recency bias. Ortega has no sample of sustained greatness or title pedigree.

Yet I'm not saying I favour Ortega. I'm saying he would make it competitive VS Aldo as others did. You are the one acting as if he is garbage and would get "tear apart". Ortega would absolutely be a legitimate contender with his current skill during Aldos era

Back